Rutgers - What Did We Learn?

Mavric

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think the coaches and players are just work out.  They expended so much energy for the opportunity to play, and the season didn’t go well. 

Maybe best to end on a win 

Football kept them mostly Covid free and earning college credits. Glad we had it. 

Just now, ZRod said:

Held might be a good recruiter, but our RB room is atrocious. WR receivers are equally as atrocious and that's Lubick. Plus he's some kind of offensive coordinator, and the only thing he's seemed to coordinate is an offensive offense.

RB room could have been plagued by other circumstances. I don’t think Lubick is going to be let go after one year. That’s just my guess. I’ve been wrong plenty of times before. 

Didn't really learn much.  Have said there is a bell cow RB on the team and tonight SF got into one of his moods and actually decided to ride it much like the end of last year.  Again it is amazing what this O can look like when a N/S run attack is the focus vs E/W.  Then the passing off of a strong rush attack.  SF doesn't even have to completely overhaul his style, just needs to not "out Frost himself" and venture away from what is working.

GOOD WIN FOR THE TEAM, and I am HAPPY FOR THEM, but once again a win(that was closer than it should have been) won't mask the flaws and incompetence this team and staff showcased the last nine weeks.  

The defense played well, against a crap offense.  This is something that should be said every game against a crap offense.  But then Illinois comes to mind, a shorthanded Minny offense, and too many other times the last three years.

Same goes with the offense.  See the last sentence of the first paragraph.  Staff changes still need to be made.

There are still far too many questions to go crazy after a victory in the Bottom of the Toilet Bowl.

You can call me a Debbie Downer, hater, bad fan, whatever, but the track record has shown that optimism and positive momentum does not exist with the current state of the program.  I have been pretty critical of SF since year 1, and until he proves he is ready to soul search himself and then his staff, AND THEN the roster I will continue.  Again Year 3 and it looks like the end of year 1

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Decoy73 said:

DB put the over/under at 2.5.  Severe guessed 3.  But, yes essentially 2 or 3.  

If Frost decides to go with a special teams coordinator (which is probably needed) that means one assistant coach will need to be let go. I don’t know who the other guys may be. Could be Ruud, because he doesn’t “need” to coach, given the $ he earned in the NFL. I really don’t know. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If Frost decides to go with a special teams coordinator (which is probably needed) that means one assistant coach will need to be let go. I don’t know who the other guys may be. Could be Ruud, because he doesn’t “need” to coach, given the $ he earned in the NFL. I really don’t know. 

I think Ruud is too important in locking down in state recruiting. I'm not sure how any assistant on defense can go after this year. Every unit saw improvement imo. I agree though we need to find a way to get a dedicated special teams coach. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I think Ruud is too important in locking down in state recruiting. I'm not sure how any assistant on defense can go after this year. Every unit saw improvement imo. I agree though we need to find a way to get a dedicated special teams coach. 

I agree Ruud is important to in-state recruiting. I am grasping at straws at this point, in terms of coaches who might leave. I am not sure. Media seems to think there will be 2-3. 

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I’d guess 2 with only Beckton and Lubick being likely safe on offense.  Don’t see any D coaches leaving voluntarily.  

• Plus1 1
Just now, krc1995 said:

Ever noticed how Martinez holds the collar of his jersey with both hands whenever he’s interviewed?   Could be nothing. Could be just a habit and something to do with his arms. Or it could be pain and he’s stabilizing his shoulders. 

I think Adrian is hurting. He’s the best QB available, but he’s not a great QB. Frost needs to look at potentially bringing in a transfer for next year. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Can he just be a volunteer and recruit in state kids for free then?