Insurrection fallout

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It could be a new reality show.  Just have a camera on in his cell as a live stream.  Him there, with no phone.

And no way to get on his highly successful, Yuge Truth Social platform.   Perhaps finally some 'silence'.   

I was just thinking of the Sound of Silence when I typed that last sentence above.  I recalled this line from the song.

Trump was known a  tenement slum Lord in his earlier days in NYC.  Perhaps, his current situation is a payback, (karma, reap what you sow)  to

how he treated 'the least among us'.   While the song is about people not speaking up who should speak up (think of 1960s various injustices -

Vietnam, slums, poverty, racism, etc), it is a reminder to us today.  The GOP has remained silent regarding Trump's many sins against this country

and one day the words of the prophets will speak to and against them as well. 

"The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls
In tenement halls"

Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence
In restless dreams, I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
'Neath the halo of a streetlamp
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence
And in the naked light, I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the sound of silence
"Fools", said I, "You do not know
Silence like a cancer grows
Hear my words that I might teach you
Take my arms that I might reach you"
But my words like silent raindrops fell
And echoed in the wells of silence
And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made
And the sign flashed out its warning
In the words that it was forming
And the sign said, "The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls
In tenement halls"
And whispered in the sounds of silence
  • TBH 1
10 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

The GOP will rue the day when they decided to stand on the wrong side of history by supporting Trump and not supporting the law, justice and ethics.  The red wave which did not occur is in part due to this issue.  It will probably take 2 more election cycles until this crap and the crap leaders are :flush out of the system.  2024 will be a mess still. But if Desantis is the nominee and loses to a Dem candidate, then perhaps it won't take a full 8 years.  If Desantis wins in 2024 then it will live on longer.   I do not support the liberal Dem policies but for the good of the nation, I am willing to suffer 'temporary loss' to get this stuff flushed.  Who knows, if the GOP continues to elect cultist and nutjobs, then I may end up being a permanent Dem or Indep voter.  What Trump has created within our political system is far worse than what the Dems can throw at us legislatively.  Those things can be overcome once the GOP returns to sanity and balances it out.  The country cannot survive a continued insurrection mindset.  

They need to keep losing.  There is still way too much support for Trump and his ilk within the party.  When you have these investigations and no Republicans support it other than the 2 that are on the committee, and they are quickly forced out of office because of it, the sickness is deep.

I can not imagine voting for Republicans right now unless they are willing and able to openly condemn Trump and his actions.  That isn't happening.  So, I guess I will still be voting for someone other than Rs.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

They need to keep losing.  There is still way too much support for Trump and his ilk within the party.  When you have these investigations and no Republicans support it other than the 2 that are on the committee, and they are quickly forced out of office because of it, the sickness is deep.

I can not imagine voting for Republicans right now unless they are willing and able to openly condemn Trump and his actions.  That isn't happening.  So, I guess I will still be voting for someone other than Rs.

Yes, that is where I'm at.  Because Okla is pretty conservative, the Dems and Indep who run are more conservative than the NY/California type.  So, it isn't that hard to vote that way. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

If Democrats weren't so busy grooming children with woke public education they'd realize that 4 measly charges is a giant NOTHING BURGER akin to the Russian Collusion Hoax.

Plus who cares, we've moved onto Ron DeSantis, a totally and completely genuine guy who deeply cares about the GOPs America First agenda. He's not just some idiotic politician without a policy platform who engages in political theater to get... a simple minded portion of the electorate to vote for him.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

https://clinecenter.illinois.edu/coup-detat-project/statement_dec.15.2022

The Cline Center’s Coup d’État Project has categorized the storming of the US Capitol Building on January 6, 2021  as both an attempted auto-coup and as an attempted dissident coup, reflecting the distinctive activities of different actors involved in the event. 

Using the Cline Center’s Coup d’État Project definitions, the storming of the US Capitol Building on January 6, 2021 was an attempted coup d’état: an organized, illegal attempt to intervene in the presidential transition by displacing the power of the Congress to certify the election. .

The Cline Center for Advanced Social Research is a nonpartisan research center at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign with over a decade of experience in systematically categorizing acts of protest and political violence around the world. Since its initial public release in 2013, the Cline Center’s Coup d’État Project has aimed to document every coup, attempted coup, and coup conspiracy anywhere in the world since 1945.   It is the largest global registry of these destabilizing events.

Cheers y'all.  Thanks to Orange Bad Man, the greatest country on Earth  has joined the list.  Well done Trump voters.  Like you couldn't see that coming.  :facepalm:

List of coups since 1945

https://clinecenter.illinois.edu/project/research-themes/democracy-and-development/coup-detat-project/freq-table

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I will never vote Republican——-ever!

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1