Insurrection fallout

1 hour ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Huh, welcome to the party! We've been telling you this for 2 full years. The insurrection happened because Trump wanted it to, and they ensured it would happen by Trump and his senior staff denying requested personnel increases and national guard help. YUP- I guess you could say that is them not taking the Intel serious. 

Glad you've finally come around 

I don’t think you understand what the report is about. 

• Plus1 2

10 hours ago, funhusker said:

Isn’t it about Trumps DOJ not taking the threats of the tourists having political discourse seriously?  And then letting Antifa attack the Capitol?

It’s not about Antifa

10 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

I think you're choosing to ignore proven facts in order to cling to and promote fantasy.

It’s NBCnews reporting it.  Not me, I’m just sharing. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Trump was awful this day for not doing more to stop these events from unfolding.  I don’t think he started it, but I definitely think he could have done more to prevent what eventually happened after it started.  People can make a rightful case that he didn’t mind what was going on until it really really got out of control.  

Same can be said for Pelosi.   She definitely didn’t start this, but she also was in zero hurry to quell it and do the things she has the power to do in order to protect the Capitol.  Riot starts at 12:50 and NG is asked to help until 2:35 according to this interview and apparently the times are taken from Jan 6th commission!?!  What was she and the Capitol police waiting for.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 6
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Trump was awful this day for not doing more to stop these events from unfolding.  I don’t think he started it, but I definitely think he could have done more to prevent what eventually happened after it started.  People can make a rightful case that he didn’t mind what was going on until it really really got out of control.  

Same can be said for Pelosi.   She definitely didn’t start this, but she also was in zero hurry to quell it and do the things she has the power to do in order to protect the Capitol.  Riot starts at 12:50 and NG is asked to help until 2:35 according to this interview and apparently the times are taken from Jan 6th commission!?!  What was she and the Capitol police waiting for.  

Might want to study that a little more.

LINKY

1:30 p.m.

On the steps on the backside of the Capitol, protesters overcome the police, who run back into the building. Protesters watching from the sidelines cheer as a mob breaks through the final police barricades.

Inside the building, both the House and Senate proceed, with lawmakers seemingly unaware of the mayhem outside.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell takes the Senate floor.

Shortly after 2 p.m.

Protesters break windows and climb into the Capitol. They open doors for others to follow.

Secret Service agents whisk Pence off the Senate floor.

A few minutes later, Pelosi is ushered off the House floor.

And you say the national guard was called at 2:30?

Please tell me how Pelosi waited ....sooooo long....to call the NG?  She's in congress doing her job on the floor.  She's not looking out the windows just waiting for a riot to overtake the capital.  She was taken off the floor between 2:00 and 2:30.  She called for help very shortly after she was in a safe room to do so.

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Might want to study that a little more.

LINKY

And you say the national guard was called at 2:30?

Please tell me how Pelosi waited ....sooooo long....to call the NG?  She's in congress doing her job on the floor.  She's not looking out the windows just waiting for a riot to overtake the capital.  She was taken off the floor between 2:00 and 2:30.  She called for help very shortly after she was in a safe room to do so.

I got the information in my post from the same link you gave me:thumbs  Above is a time stamped tweet when things got seriously started.   

I didnt say that about the NG timing, the interview YOU posted did

1 1/2 hrs seems like a long time to me.  Maybe the blame for that should shift to whoever informs Pelosi about riots outside the Capitol building then if she is absolved from criticism.

How is it heresy to you for someone to say many people (including Trump and Pelosi) dropped the response ball that day? 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
10 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

1 1/2 hrs seems like a long time to me.  Maybe the blame for that should shift to whoever informs Pelosi about riots outside the Capitol building then if she is absolved from criticism.

How is it heresy to you for someone to say many people (including Trump and Pelosi) dropped the response ball that day? 

Where did I say it was heresy to criticize Pelosi?

I'm simply asking.  When would Pelosi know that the riots are going to get bad enough to need the National Guard?  Was it when Trump told them to march to the capital and fight?  Was it when they very first broke through the barricades?  Was it at 2:24 when Trump tweeted that Pence didn't have the guts to do what he wanted...which angered the mob even more?

Meanwhile, Pelosi was doing her job, calling the session to order.  If the session was supposed to be being called to order, why would she be looking out the window waiting for an insurrection?

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Where did I say it was heresy to criticize Pelosi?

I'm simply asking.  When would Pelosi know that the riots are going to get bad enough to need the National Guard?  Was it when Trump told them to march to the capital and fight?  Was it when they very first broke through the barricades?  Was it at 2:24 when Trump tweeted that Pence didn't have the guts to do what he wanted...which angered the mob even more?

Meanwhile, Pelosi was doing her job, calling the session to order.  If the session was supposed to be being called to order, why would she be looking out the window waiting for an insurrection?

If you ask my opinion, I would go with the bolded which occurred at 12:08. 

As far as the second bullet point, maybe a staff member keeps her informed when a riot starts to break out.  Seems weird that the person in charge of Capitol security wouldn’t want to be immediately informed if people illegally broke through fencing.  

The riot isn’t her fault at all.  I am questioning her role in the response though. 

1 minute ago, commando said:

trying to switch blame from trump to pelosi.    :facepalm:

Why are you doing that? :facepalm:

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, commando said:

trying to switch blame from trump to pelosi.    :facepalm:

Hey, don’t forget he started his comments with a lukewarm “Trump was awful that day”. That should absolve all future shade throwing of “I don’t think he started it” which quickly devolved to “but Pelosi…”

Of course we should blame the person in the Capital building who was just trying to do their job and not the maniac who was watching the events unfold step by step and doing everything in his power to nurture the insurrection. 

• Plus1 5