Insurrection fallout

21 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Here's a fun game: imagine if Donald Trump convinced enough of the U.S. military that election integrity had been breached, declared martial law, surrounded himself with loyalists and physically refused to leave office?

Would you join a protest? Surround the White House? Would you breach the grounds if suddenly the gates to the White House were toppled? Would you go Mussolini or Ceaușescu on Trump's a$$, or stop the people attempting to do so? Would you wait for the nation's system of check and balances to reassert itself? 

This happens in other countries, but apparently it's a scenario Donald Trump had entertained. 

I would like to think that I'd be brave enough to protest in that scenario.  But I'd also be aware that the likelihood of being killed or severely beaten would be a possibility.  These "protesters" were on the wrong side of the Constitution.  Whether they truly believed in what they were doing or not, their attempts fell flat.  They should be treated like traitors.  Sucks to suck!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2023 at 10:42 AM, Guy Chamberlin said:

This is why a Trump coup could be successful. 

I don't know why people don't take this seriously, other than they think somehow America is just so grand it could never happen here. As for me I would hide (in my house).

On 8/31/2023 at 4:27 PM, Scarlet said:

Rough day for these fascists.  They all seem to be full of fake remorse at sentencing.

Are these all federal, i.e. Trump frees them all on day 1 and appoints them to leadership roles in his government?

My rightwing step-father-in-law just emailed me the Epoch Times story about how poorly the J6 prisoners are being treated in prison. Apparently there's one really mean guard who yells at them a lot, and forces them to wear masks when being transported. 

The sudden concern for prison conditions is heartening, though. I'm sure it extends to criminals who did far worse than break into the Capitol intent on overthrowing the Constitutional transfer of power, like those colored rioters who stole flat screens from Target. 

• Plus1 4

The FO of the FA has landed.  Another Antifa tourist being sent up the river to do hard time.  Remember the right-wing talking point that Jan 6th wasn't an insurrection because nobody had been charged with that?  Where's that argument been lately?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • 2 weeks later...