Insurrection fallout

27 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I'm not sure why they're even considering it since the Presidency leaves Trump at 11:59 am on Jan 20th regardless.

Authoritarians don't see it that way. They see everything as transactional through power.

I'm guessing they think that if Martial Law (or "Marshall Law" as the magats have been spreading) is declared then trump has to stay in power until that's done. And by that time they'll have trumped up some lie to contest the votes.

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

Authoritarians don't see it that way. They see everything as transactional through power.

I'm guessing they think that if Martial Law (or "Marshall Law" as the magats have been spreading) is declared then trump has to stay in power until that's done. And by that time they'll have trumped up some lie to contest the votes.

Which is weird and stupid (unsurprising) because from what I’ve read there isn’t really a way or a precedent for a president declaring marshall law. It’s done by the states. And it wouldn’t stop Biden from becoming president unless somehow the military stopped him from travelling to get sworn in. 

Just now, Moiraine said:

Which is weird and stupid (unsurprising) because from what I’ve read there isn’t really a way or a precedent for a president declaring marshall law. It’s done by the states. And it wouldn’t stop Biden from becoming president unless somehow the military stopped him from travelling to get sworn in. 

Nobody accused trump or the my pillow guy of being constitutional scholars. :D

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

Boycott it because they suck.   For years I have been a tummy sleeper and was suer My Pillow would help with my lock back issues.  It did not and the pillows sucked, much like many posters posts suck.

What did help with a pregnancy pillow, it is shaped like a candy cane or the letter J, it is embarrassing and something that I quickly hide when I have a "female" friend over to do the "Wild Thing" (Thank you Tone Loc).  

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Boycott it because they suck.   For years I have been a tummy sleeper and was suer My Pillow would help with my lock back issues.  It did not and the pillows sucked, much like many posters posts suck.

What did help with a pregnancy pillow, it is shaped like a candy cane or the letter J, it is embarrassing and something that I quickly hide when I have a "female" friend over to do the "Wild Thing" (Thank you Tone Loc).  

Someone who shall remain nameless had to get a husband pillow and he claims it's called a husband pillow because it's for husbands. 

• Haha 2

You know at some point someone's going to follow through on one of these threats. We have yet to see the domestic fallout of these arrests.

‘Traitors get shot’: Wylie man accused of storming Capitol, threatening family not to turn him in

A Wylie man has been arrested in connection with the Jan. 6 siege of the U.S. Capitol — at least the fourth North Texan to face charges in the investigation of the riot.

Guy Reffitt, 48, is accused of obstruction of justice and unlawful entry, the FBI said Monday.

According to an affidavit, he told his family he went to Washington, D.C., “to protect the country,” that he brought a gun with him, and that he “stormed the Capitol.”

Images from that day show Reffitt wearing a helmet with a camera mounted on it, the affidavit said.

Upon his return to Texas, Reffitt told his family he had to “erase everything” because he thought the FBI was watching him, according to the affidavit.

His son told authorities Reffitt warned him not to report him to the authorities or he would “do what he had to do,” according to the affidavit. While Reffitt’s daughter was on the phone with friends, he told her that if she betrayed the family, he would “put a bullet through” her phone.

Reffitt’s wife told authorities that during an argument with his son and daughter, Reffitt said something to the effect of: “If you turn me in, you’re a traitor and you know what happens to traitors. ... Traitors get shot,” the affidavit said.

25 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You know at some point someone's going to follow through on one of these threats. We have yet to see the domestic fallout of these arrests.

‘Traitors get shot’: Wylie man accused of storming Capitol, threatening family not to turn him in

A Wylie man has been arrested in connection with the Jan. 6 siege of the U.S. Capitol — at least the fourth North Texan to face charges in the investigation of the riot.

Guy Reffitt, 48, is accused of obstruction of justice and unlawful entry, the FBI said Monday.

According to an affidavit, he told his family he went to Washington, D.C., “to protect the country,” that he brought a gun with him, and that he “stormed the Capitol.”

Images from that day show Reffitt wearing a helmet with a camera mounted on it, the affidavit said.

Upon his return to Texas, Reffitt told his family he had to “erase everything” because he thought the FBI was watching him, according to the affidavit.

His son told authorities Reffitt warned him not to report him to the authorities or he would “do what he had to do,” according to the affidavit. While Reffitt’s daughter was on the phone with friends, he told her that if she betrayed the family, he would “put a bullet through” her phone.

Reffitt’s wife told authorities that during an argument with his son and daughter, Reffitt said something to the effect of: “If you turn me in, you’re a traitor and you know what happens to traitors. ... Traitors get shot,” the affidavit said.

Sounds like a quality family man.