Insurrection fallout

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

But....the reason Republicans don't like her is because she doesn't talk about issues.

Yeah...right.

She, almost single handedly, will be looked at as the hero of the Republican party through all of this historically.

It's pretty amazing.

However, I disagree with her hero status. I think, with Republicans set to dominate elections for the next few decades, her actions will be forgotten by all but the handful of Democrats reminiscing about a bygone era.

The sad part about this is that Republicans are going to pay absolutely no price for this at the ballot box.

• Plus1 1

19 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

It's pretty amazing.

However, I disagree with her hero status. I think, with Republicans set to dominate elections for the next few decades, her actions will be forgotten by all but the handful of Democrats reminiscing about a bygone era.

The sad part about this is that Republicans are going to pay absolutely no price for this at the ballot box.

I’ll stick with hero because she’s almost the only one standing up to this crap. 

What happens in elections is a different matter. 

She has had the morals to do this while catching a lot of BS from Republicans that done have the spine to support her. This is a much more important issue than any political issue they fake outrage over her not talking about.  

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’ll stick with hero because she’s almost the only one standing up to this crap. 

What happens in elections is a different matter. 

She has had the morals to do this while catching a lot of BS from Republicans that done have the spine to support her. This is a much more important issue than any political issue they fake outrage over her not talking about.  

I do agree with you - I'm glad that at least one Republican had the balls to stand up to the psychopaths currently running the party, and I'm glad that it's a woman.

On the other hand, it feels hallow. Most Republican voters - including many on this board - view her as a menace or traitor. Until Republicans pay an electoral price, it all feels hallow. 

I don't blame the politicians for not sticking up for her. Blame voters for incentivising their behavior.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Cute deflection. I haven’t ignored anything.  

Will you answer the previous question? Are you on record of saying that? 

i am saying it.  a good part of the republican party was involved.     heck....republicans are pleading the 5th to keep from incriminating themselves in the hearings about it.   a reasonable person can watch the video of the riots, read trumps messages saying how proud he was of the rioters, hear him tell them to march to the capitol, him refusing to call off the riots for over 3 hours....heck.....a reasonable person would have to conclude it was an insurrection based on the eastman memo alone.    let alone the riots and all the other stuff.   but blind supporters will follow the party line and deny everything.   

• Plus1 4
37 minutes ago, commando said:

i am saying it.  a good part of the republican party was involved.     heck....republicans are pleading the 5th to keep from incriminating themselves in the hearings about it.   a reasonable person can watch the video of the riots, read trumps messages saying how proud he was of the rioters, hear him tell them to march to the capitol, him refusing to call off the riots for over 3 hours....heck.....a reasonable person would have to conclude it was an insurrection based on the eastman memo alone.    let alone the riots and all the other stuff.   but blind supporters will follow the party line and deny everything.   

We're at the "He said it but didn't mean what he said" point in the Trumpists denial playbook.  

but I said something is wrong here, something is really wrong, can’t have happened and we fight, we fight like hell, and if you don’t fight like hell you’re not going to have a country anymore....

“So we are going to—we are going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue, I love Pennsylvania Avenue, and we are going to the Capitol, and we are going to try and give—the Democrats are hopeless, they are never voting for anything, not even one vote, but we are going to try—give our Republicans, the weak ones because the strong ones don’t need any of our help, we’re try—going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country. So let’s walk down Pennsylvania Avenue.”

Nah, he didn't mean to actually fight like hell or take back the country or we won't have a country.  

Only an idiot or a full-blown supporter of an authoritarian takeover of our democracy would see what happened on January 6th and believe that it wasn't instigated but Trump's words that day and everyday since early 2020 leading up to it.

• Plus1 4
30 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

We're at the "He said it but didn't mean what he said" point in the Trumpists denial playbook.  

Nah, he didn't mean to actually fight like hell or take back the country or we won't have a country.  

Only an idiot or a full-blown supporter of an authoritarian takeover of our democracy would see what happened on January 6th and believe that it wasn't instigated but Trump's words that day and everyday since early 2020 leading up to it.

Only an idiot would say a good portion of the Republican Party wanted a riot inside the Capitol.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, commando said:

Hmmm…now you are saying two different things.  Originally you said a good portion of the Republican Party organized a riot.  I asked if you meant those people in the Republican referenced by you wanted a riot inside the Capitol and you said you are saying that.  Where is your evidence that a good portion of the Party (which we are talking elected leaders) wanted the Capitol to be breached?  

• Plus1 2