Trump Impeachment # 2

This is historic and couldn't have happened to a more deserving person - the only president to be impeached 2x in our history. This not only paints ugly on him but also the failure of the GOP party for failing to do the right thing - the first time around. 

House impeaches Trump for second time — with some GOP support | TheHill

10 GOPers joined the Dems and did the right thing. 

House lawmakers on Wednesday impeached President Trump for his role in last week’s deadly attack on the U.S. Capitol, capping an extraordinary week of violence, apprehension and partisan brawling in Congress just as Washington cranks up security in preparation for Joe Biden’s inauguration, just a week away.

The 232-197 vote was historic: It made Trump the first president in the country’s history to be impeached twice.

And unlike the first debate, this time the president’s Democratic critics had support across the aisle. Ten Republicans joined every voting Democrat to approve the single impeachment article, which accuses Trump of inciting violence against the same federal government he leads.

Maybe Liz Cheney is looking to run for president in 2024 and desires to capture the anti-trump GOP vote. But I don't believe that is her motivation behind her staunch stand for impeachment.  When attacked by Jim Jordon, she followed up with this comment:

But Cheney, the daughter of former Vice President d!(k Cheney, is remaining defiant. 

“I'm not going anywhere. This is a vote of conscience,” she said before the vote. “It's one where there are different views in our conference. But our nation is facing an unprecedented — since the Civil War — constitutional crisis.”

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

I don't know what quote the Tweet is referring to, but I'd agree the all politicians need to tone down the rhetoric about demonizing the other sides.  

If Pelosi made statements in the past that could have riled up some crazies to try and overtake the Capitol, she's lucky it didn't happen.  Otherwise I'd be all for running her out of office on a rail.

Sucks for Trump that some of his followers are crazy enough to take him literally...But anyone with a brain knew there was a group of Americans chomping at the bit for a civil war, Trump should have been aware.  I'd argue he was, and was happy to see it happen. 

She didn't. And she was speaking metaphorically. And she wasn't referring about, or positively toward, any specific "uprising" that had happened at the time. And she didn't say that last summer, as Lyndsey Fifield claimed. And the words Gomer used were a paraphrase, not an exact quote.

But aside from that, it's an apples to apples comparison to what trump did the morning of 1/6/21.

Here's Pelosi's quote:

Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migrant Child Separation

House Minority Leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) said that it is "barbaric" to separate migrant children from their parents after they illegally enter the country to seek asylum. Pelosi, calling for protests, said she doesn't under "why there aren't uprisings all over the country" of people expressing outrage about the policy.

"First of all, this was act of the administration. They had been planning this for a while," Pelosi said at her weekly press conference on Thursday. "As a mother of five children, grandmother of nine, I'm sure any parents here, mother or father, knows that this is barbaric. This is not what America is. But this is the policy of the Trump administration."

"I just don't even know why there aren't uprisings all over the country. And maybe there will be, when people realize that this is a policy that they defend," the Minority Leader lamented.

But despite the extreme dissimilarities between situation, import and delivery, the trump apologists like Fifield are running with a "See!?!?" mentality today.

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, knapplc said:

She didn't. And she was speaking metaphorically. And she wasn't referring about, or positively toward, any specific "uprising" that had happened at the time. And she didn't say that last summer, as Lyndsey Fifield claimed. And the words Gomer used were a paraphrase, not an exact quote.

But aside from that, it's an apples to apples comparison to what trump did the morning of 1/6/21.

Here's Pelosi's quote:

But despite the extreme dissimilarities between situation, import and delivery, the trump apologists like Fifield are running with a "See!?!?" mentality today.

She absolutely made that statement.  

What some people forget to mention when trying to excuse this all as a misunderstanding:   no less than 10 prominent Journo-Listers tweeted that statement out from the congressman today thinking that it was his thoughts and thinking they could drag him for those comments.  Those same Journo-Listers all had to retract the tweets and then excuses then comment once they found out it came from Nancy.  @teachercdisnt this kinda what you were referring to with the blind comment thing you would like to see 

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

What some people forget to mention when trying to excuse this all as a misunderstanding:   no less than 10 prominent Journo-Listers tweeted that statement out from the congressman today thinking that it was his thoughts and thinking they could drag him for those comments.  Those same Journo-Listers all had to retract the tweets and then excuses then comment once they found out it came from Nancy.  @teachercdisnt this kinda what you were referring to with the blind comment thing you would like to see 

Context matters.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

And so do words used 

It is a disingenuous argument to equate the two. The context of Pelosi's remarks were child separation.

The context of Gohmert's remarks were following an armed insurrection against a sitting session of Congress.

15 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Having a blind test wouldn't involve taking things completely out of context, like someone who doesn't know what they're doing and is an idiot would do.

• Plus1 2

21 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

192 voted against impeachment not insurrection as some like to falsely claim. 

they voted to not impeach the president who led an insurrection.....if that isn't voting for insurrection...well.....look at your arguments against pelosi in this very thread.

• Plus1 3
24 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

And so do words used 

I've been around for some time.  Seen Carter, Reagan, H W Bush, Clinton, Dubya, Obama, and now Trump.

Only one of them has started a freaking riot with words that have come out of his piehole.  That's 40 years of NO riots or insurrections.

• Plus1 6
57 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It is a disingenuous argument to equate the two. The context of Pelosi's remarks were child separation.

The context of Gohmert's remarks were following an armed insurrection against a sitting session of Congress.

Gohmert’s remarks were not him calling for an uprising.  He was quoting Pelosi’s words 

38 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That speech was nothing more than a piece of s#!t trying to save his own a$$.  What a bunch of bull s#!t from someone who should have thinking more about what he's saying years ago.

I honestly can't imagine an American politician more disgusting and anti-American than this f#&%er.

Pelosi? 

• Plus1 1