Economy

Did gas prices go up under Obama? Did domestic crude oil production decrease under Obama? Did energy prices adjusted for inflation go up under Obama? The answer to all of those is: No! End of discussion.

I don't know why anyone continues to humor someone so intllectualy dishonest by continuing the discourse.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Your whole asinine premise has been based on Obama saying it out loud.

But he hasn't. So which is it? You really can't make up your mind what argument you want to try and make.

I get that you are purposely being obtuse, but How can your not understand that Obama actually did say electric prices will necessarily skyrocket??  That he did say gas prices rose faster than he would have liked.  That he would have preferred a more gradual rise……not that he would have preferred they didn’t rise.   Why wouldn’t he have said that???  Would have been the logical thing to say in that interview.  

But I understand you have to cover for him and nit pick a word here or a word there to deflect and act like you are on to something.  It’s a necessity for you I guess when your argument falls flat:dunno

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Did gas prices go up under Obama? Did domestic crude oil production decrease under Obama? Did energy prices adjusted for inflation go up under Obama? The answer to all of those is: No! End of discussion.

I don't know why anyone continues to humor someone so intllectualy dishonest by continuing the discourse.

Did Obama want cap and trade?  Did Obama say it would necessarily skyrocket energy prices?  Did the energy Secretary at the time want European gas prices?   The answer to all of those is yes! 

You complain about being “intellectually dishonest” yet you can’t acknowledge the above.   Hmmmm LOL

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I get that you are purposely being obtuse, but How can your not understand that Obama actually did say electric prices will necessarily skyrocket??  That he did say gas prices rose faster than he would have liked.  That he would have preferred a more gradual rise……not that he would have preferred they didn’t rise.   Why wouldn’t he have said that???  Would have been the logical thing to say in that interview.  

But I understand you have to cover for him and nit pick a word here or a word there to deflect and act like you are on to something.  It’s a necessity for you I guess when your argument falls flat:dunno

You're the one reading into it, not me. You could be right about what he actually meant, I don't have an opinion.

Point is, he didn't say it, you just inferred it. Sorry I don't play fast and loose with my own interpretations of what people mean and then claim that it's actually what they said.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

You're the one reading into it, not me. You could be right about what he actually meant, I don't have an opinion.

Point is, he didn't say it, you just inferred it. Sorry I don't play fast and loose with my own interpretations of what people mean and then claim that it's actually what they said.

https://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/quotes-on-cap-and-trade-and-energy/

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, this is going to be a s#!t show.

On 9/8/2022 at 6:26 AM, BigRedBuster said:

This would not be good. 

Yes, this makes PERFECT sense. The only way to stop inflation is to make sure THE PEOPLE have less, so the rich can have more. Because gosh darn it, the rich have the right to charge whatever they want for anything, how dare THE PEOPLE try to make and retain more money for themselves. Raise the price on everything!  Then cry when your hoarded fortune becomes slightly less valuable because- you raised the prices on everything. What a scam. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Yes, this makes PERFECT sense. The only way to stop inflation is to make sure THE PEOPLE have less, so the rich can have more. Because gosh darn it, the rich have the right to charge whatever they want for anything, how dare THE PEOPLE try to make and retain more money for themselves. Raise the price on everything!  Then cry when your hoarded fortune becomes slightly less valuable because- you raised the prices on everything. What a scam. 

Well, this inflation is hurting the middle class and lower way more than the wealthy. 

The economists aren’t saying high unemployment is what they want. They are simply looking at facts and trying to predict what will happen. 

Nobody wants 7.5% unemployment. 

• Thanks 1
On 9/8/2022 at 9:39 AM, Archy1221 said:

The country is gonna have to have a reckoning with the debt at some point.  

Frankly, this isn't possible. 

The cuts that would have to be made - or the tax increases necessary - to make programs solvent simply aren't possible.

Mandatory spending (Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, interest on Bonds)+ Defense takes up ~80% of all spending. 

Of the remaining ~20%, spending on Veterans Care and other benefits represents around 4%. 

That leaves around 16% of government spending that could be cut. They could fire every government employee, stop spending on education, end subsidies for agriculture and cease spending money on international affairs, stop funding science, etc. After all that, the country would still run a budget deficit of ~150 billion.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1