Biden Foreign Policy

38 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

So you're saying he hasnt

Did I miss something?  Are you saying Biden extorted Bibi for dirt in Trump to help with his reelection? 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

12 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Did I miss something?  Are you saying Biden extorted Bibi for dirt in Trump to help with his reelection? 

No, it was a joke. I should have added a laughy face.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

This would be the same thing the instant Biden tries to get Bibi to investigate Trump to help him in the election.

Or if he is withholding weapons because it plays well with a certain segment of the US population Biden needs to win re-election who currently doesn’t like how Joe is handling the Middle East debacle.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Or if he is withholding weapons because it plays well with a certain segment of the US population Biden needs to win re-election who currently doesn’t like how Joe is handling the Middle East debacle.  

That's worlds different than pressuring another world leader to interfere in domestic politics on your behalf. Let alone trying to blackmail them into it.

Bibi made his bed and he can lay in it. He's a corrupt dingleberry too, just like Trump. If anything Biden should be bringing more pressure to bear on him or he'll just continue doing whatever the hell he wants assuming there will be no consequences.

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 2

20 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

That's worlds different than pressuring another world leader to interfere in domestic politics on your behalf. Let alone trying to blackmail them into it.

Only if you are in the tank for The Big Guy.   He’s withholding Congressionally approved aid in order to shore up his voting base to win an election.   It’s your sides rules, now follow them  

• Plus1 2
52 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Only if you are in the tank for The Big Guy.   He’s withholding Congressionally approved aid in order to shore up his voting base to win an election.   It’s your sides rules, now follow them  

Oh yeah sure, if you want to ignore my entire point, you’re absolutely correct. My bad.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 4
7 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Oh yeah sure, if you want to ignore my entire point, you’re absolutely correct. My bad.

Don't forget ignoring the specificity that determines it being a crime or not that, shocked pikachu, doesn't have any evidence of existing in this case.

• Plus1 2
13 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

If that's the way you want to take it...then just totally ignore what he's trying to accomplish on a humanitarian scale and make it political.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If that's the way you want to take it...then just totally ignore what he's trying to accomplish on a humanitarian scale and make it political.

He getting throttled on college campuses by voters that he needs to win the election.   It’s why he’s withholding the congressionally approved aid.  To placate a voting base.   

• Plus1 2
Just now, Archy1221 said:

He getting throttled on college campuses by voters that he needs to win the election.   It’s why he’s withholding the congressionally approved aid.  To placate a voting base.   

Relatively speaking, the vocal protestors are a very small minority of college students.  Do you have any data to back up your comments?

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Relatively speaking, the vocal protestors are a very small minority of college students.  Do you have any data to back up your comments?

This is just my guess, which is usually wrong but I see maybe two things happening.

1.  They are a minority of college students, for sure, but they are probably a decent % of college students that actually go an vote.  

2.  They are clearly super freaking annoying and most normal college students probably can't stand them, so are they maybe pushing normal college students that would be voting for JB to change their vote?  I suppose that could be a question worth asking?

• TBH 2

Not sure if anyone really noticed, but the Far Left demands for a cease fire have been joined by moderate, mainstream, international and even Republican calls for a cease-fire. It's not particularly daring or pandering; it's a position pretty much any President would take regarding a 7 month war that's killing vastly more civilians than terrorists. If we saw nightly footage from Gaza rather than Columbia University it would no doubt color our opinion, but that's probably for another thread. 

So starting from that point, what would leadership look like?  Does the American President say, yes we support Israel politically, financially, and militarily, but we draw the line at providing weaponry likely to be used in a promised assault of Rafah, where a million displaced Palestians have been herded? Conservatives of old would have bristled that a guy like Netanyahu would accept American largesse but refuse any U.S. conditions.

Or would leadership mean doing nothing, because taking this kind of stand would look like pandering to a small percentage of college students unlikely to vote for you anyway?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

https://www.axios.com/2024/05/07/poll-students-israel-hamas-protests

"By the numbers: Only a small minority (8%) of college students have participated in either side of the protests, the survey of 1,250 college students found.

Students ranked the conflict in the Middle East as the least important issue facing them out of nine options.

It landed behind health care reform, racial justice and civil rights, economic fairness and opportunity, education funding and access, and climate change.

What they found: The survey found that three times as many college students blame Hamas for the current situation in Gaza than they do President Biden."

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1