The 2022 Congressional Elections

21 hours ago, commando said:

prediction time...i bet a voter dropbox gets blown up this year after marcos stochastic terrorism talk.   he doesn't know who will do it but the seed has been planted and he hopes it sprouts.   i hope it doesn't happen but it won't shock me if it does.

It's possible. 

Although, to be honest, I don't think Florida is going to be a competitive state anymore. Rubio is pretty likely to win by 7% or more. Although Demmings destroying him to the point where the guy looked like he might cry for his mommy on stage was pretty glorious. 

23 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Anyone want to take a shot at what Rubio’s actual abortion views are?  Instead of taking the theatrics Val deposits.

How about Val’s view on third trimester abortions?   Hmmmm

If a woman finds out in month 7 that her child will die shortly after birth and maybe cause her death, do you want to forcer her to carry that baby?

What if the fetus is dead?  Do we force the woman to deliver it at her inconvenience?

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

54 minutes ago, funhusker said:

If a woman finds out in month 7 that her child will die shortly after birth and maybe cause her death, do you want to forcer her to carry that baby?

What if the fetus is dead?  Do we force the woman to deliver it at her inconvenience?

If we are discussing Rubio since that what you responded to, then he supports a life of the mother exception.  

if the fetus is dead, what’s the argument?  There is no more aborting a life at that point

• Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

If we are discussing Rubio since that what you responded to, then he supports a life of the mother exception.  

if the fetus is dead, what’s the argument?  There is no more aborting a life at that point

But what about the baby that will surely die painfully and expensively after birth?

I thought we were talking about aborting pregnancies, my bad...

35 minutes ago, funhusker said:

But what about the baby that will surely die painfully and expensively after birth?

I thought we were talking about aborting pregnancies, my bad...

Not sure where the disconnect is, but your example previously said the mother life was in danger and the baby would most likely die shortly after birth.   I.e. the life of the mother exemption.  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Not sure where the disconnect is, but your example previously said the mother life was in danger and the baby would most likely die shortly after birth.   I.e. the life of the mother exemption.  

I probably should have said "and/or" instead of "maybe".

Grammar disconnect aside: What if the mother's life isn't in danger, but the baby will painfully die minutes after birth?  Do believe the pregnancy should be carried out if the mother/father don't want to live through that?

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

I probably should have said "and/or" instead of "maybe".

Grammar disconnect aside: What if the mother's life isn't in danger, but the baby will painfully die minutes after birth?  Do believe the pregnancy should be carried out if the mother/father don't want to live through that?

No.  If it’s gonna be a known still birth or birth with no chance of life, that should be in the exceptions.  IMO

• Plus1 2

Ok I know Biden is a gaff a minute, but this is like Nancy Reagan running the country for Ronnie.

Biden thanked Fetterman, Pennsylvania's lieutenant governor, for attending the speech, saying that he would try to be brief for the sake of the lieutenant governor. During the brief acknowledgment, Biden made the comment that Fetterman's wife would do well in the Senate.

"John, thank you very much for running, I really do appreciate it," Biden said. "And Gisele, you're gonna be a great, great lady in the Senate."

• Haha 1