The 2022 Congressional Elections

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Really it's more about demographics than the performance against specific candidates.

Montana and Kansas are similar in that they are White states with large numbers of college educated voters. Democrats tend to do well with them. Montana especially has elected Democrats in the past, although that will be increasingly difficult. 

By throwing support behind a candidate to the Right of the average Democrat candidate (but still to the left of a Republican) it increases their chances of winning. Especially if the candidate is MAGA, they would be highly susceptible to this because they're generally terrible political candidates with even worse policy ideas. 

When it comes to the Senate, it at least helps the Democrats pass popular items at the expense of their more progressive policies (which don't have a chance of passing anyway).

Demographically speaking, No matter how you phrase it, Moran will be re-elected until he retires as he should.  Slim chance Marshall could be voted out though 

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

The dude didn’t just struggle with “ a few words”. 

no matter how much you all want to gaslight for Fetty, he absolutely sucks as a candidate and the stroke obviously made him unelectable.  His debate performance was awful even according to Dem professionals.   

It’s much more sad that his wife would allow this to continue more so than a “hoot”   The “hoot” part is seeing people here defend his performance.  

I'm on record here saying that he's probably about the only candidate the Dems could put up that would allow Oz to win.  Oz totally sucks.  But, I'm going to be surprised if he doesn't win because Fetterman is the candidate.

However, it's laughable that Republicans are ranting about someone like him having trouble talking when some of their candidates and their dear leader have had such amazing speaking issues.

15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm on record here saying that he's probably about the only candidate the Dems could put up that would allow Oz to win.  Oz totally sucks.  But, I'm going to be surprised if he doesn't win because Fetterman is the candidate.

However, it's laughable that Republicans are ranting about someone like him having trouble talking when some of their candidates and their dear leader have had such amazing speaking issues.

It’s laughable to compare Fetterman and his issues of comprehension to ANY other candidate.  Hell, even Dear Leader can comprehend questions from the Presidential podium to a decent extent (still has a hard time speaking and making sense at times) but you are starting to have Dems say he shouldn’t go for reelection in 2024 based on his cognitive abilities yet people here say Fetty is fine to legislate??   

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s laughable to compare Fetterman and his issues of comprehension to ANY other candidate.  Hell, even Dear Leader can comprehend questions from the Presidential podium to a decent extent (still has a hard time speaking and making sense at times) but you are starting to have Dems say he shouldn’t go for reelection in 2024 based on his cognitive abilities yet people here say Fetty is fine to legislate??   

I know you're a busy guy with work and church and all those other things you do when you're not posting here but you obviously didn't read the link I posted before or you wouldn't be passing yourself off as the expert in cognitive abilities and potential recovery post stroke.  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

I know you're a busy guy with work and church and all those other things you do when you're not posting here but you obviously didn't read the link I posted before or you wouldn't be passing yourself off as the expert in cognitive abilities and potential recovery post stroke.  

Ummmm, this is a postboard.  Everyone here is an expert on everything, always. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

He doesn’t need to legislate.  He just needs to vote along with Pelosi…

But I don’t live in PA so I won’t be voting for him.

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

You have a knack for wanting complete frauds that are TV stars to win elections.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

He doesn’t need to legislate.  He just needs to vote along with Pelosi…

Voting in the Senate is kinda the legislating thing:dunno

Who knew he was running for Senate and gonna be elected in the House.   Coot trick Fetty. 

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

But I don’t live in PA so I won’t be voting for him.

That’s good for you on both accounts.   PA would suck to live in and you definitely wouldn’t want to vote for Fetty FOR SENATE voting alongside SCHUMER 

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

How long until Republicans are convinced electing Dr. Phil (R - OK) is a good idea because “America needs to GET REAL?”

Well….let’s see.  

He’s a tv star…..so that’s huge.  That pretty much locks up the nomination. 

Then….he’s a dramatic fraud on tv…..so that guarantees 70% of their vote. 

Extra bonus points for being on daytime tv.  Can’t be on same time as Tucker in the evening.