The 2022 Congressional Elections

13 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Voting in the Senate is kinda the legislating thing:dunno

Who knew he was running for Senate and gonna be elected in the House.   Coot trick Fetty. 

That’s good for you on both accounts.   PA would suck to live in and you definitely wouldn’t want to vote for Fetty FOR SENATE voting alongside SCHUMER 

Sorry for the mistake.

I'm apparently not as good at rationalizing pathetic candidates as some are...

And how sad is it that I realized that error as soon as I typed it, but left it there knowing that would be your response.  

• Plus1 3
On 10/25/2022 at 9:14 AM, nic said:

I guess this is where we are these days. 

I am sure it happens from both sides.

"Last night one of our canvassers wearing my T-shirt and a Desantis hat was brutally attacked by 4 animals who told him Republicans weren’t allowed in their neighborhood in #Hialeah #Florida," Rubio posted. "He suffered internal bleeding, a broken jaw & will need facial reconstructive surgery."

Now Pelosi….so I guess people just want to take out politicians, judges, or whoever. Just vote people or move somewhere else….of course we do not known who this guy is yet….I heard something about a conspiracy theory nut.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/nancy-pelosi-husband-paul-attack/index.html

What are this boards final predictions for the midterms?

I'm guessing the GOP gains 22 Seats in the House and gains 2 Senate seats.

Really, if the party wasn't terrible, if the candidates weren't mostly historically embarrassing, and if the GOP offered anything resembling policy, they'd easily double those numbers in a normal midterm year.

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Really, if the party wasn't terrible, if the candidates weren't mostly historically embarrassing, and if the GOP offered anything resembling policy, they'd easily double those numbers in a normal midterm year.

Unfortunately, the MAGA election denying crowd is going to gain enough seats to probably do what you said.  This will empower them even more giving people like MTG even more power in our government.  

You're right.  If the entire party wasn't controlled by the wacko delusional far right, they would gain more.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I think most of us "crazy liberals" here on Huskerboard would love a sane GOP to vote for.

• Plus1 2

I am actually thinking they won't do quite that well.  Polls don't take the youth vote into account and they tend to vote for the good guys.  Turn out is higher than usual in most states.  Roe matters.  I think we gain a seat or two in the Senate and hold the house.

• Oh Yeah! 2

I believe it's Parkinson's but I don't think he has publicly disclosed anything.  If it is Parkinsons, there are a lot of issues in addition to the tremors, like hallucinations and altered behavior.  Good stuff for an already unstable person with a ridiculous amount of power and influence.

• Plus1 1

On 10/31/2022 at 8:11 AM, Dr. Strangelove said:

Yep sounds right unless PA and GA break towards the D.   More wacky election deniers will get elected in the House.  I expect  Impeach Biden and Hang Hunter committees to form quickly while the J6C results will be trashed.  

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

If a red wave happens this cycle, the thread encapsulates why it happened.  

In your opinion, what constitutes a red wave? In a normal midterm, Republicans should be winning majorities of 40-50 House seats and 4-6 Senate seats.

In reality, terrible candidate choices, terrible campaigns, and mostly ineffective policy positions will greatly reduce how many elections Republicans should have won.

It's less about "Americans are electing Republicans for reasons XYZ". The out party always wins in a midterm, it's really that simple.

In all actuality, Republicans are so terrible this cycle that Democrats have an thin shot at holding the House and Senate, something only occurs after tumultuous events like 9/11. The tumultuous event of Anerica today is the mere existence of the Republican Party and their depravity, their embrace of authortianism and hatred for America. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
27 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

? In a normal midterm, Republicans should be winning majorities of 40-50 House seats and 4-6 Senate seats.

Since 1960, on 6 of the 15 midterm elections have the party opposite the President even won a positive 30 seats, so what your saying just isn’t true 

• Plus1 1