QB Daniel Kaelin

HuskerBoard Predictor  

28 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Kaelin commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

11 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

What are his options?  It’s a cruel world.  Kinda feel bad for the kid.

Yeah, it does kinda suck for him. Mizzou would probably take him back though, and they're a top-ten team right now. Selfishly I'd like both Raiola and Kaelin but I wouldn't blame him a bit for going elsewhere. There's definitely something to be said for embracing competition, and I do actually believe it would be a fair battle under this staff. But it is difficult to enter a competition knowing they preferred the other guy initially and they have more invested in him. 

3 minutes ago, Decked said:

To stay N 

Exactly, his best option is to stay with us.

If we are bringing in a great QB coach that is as good as people think, he'll sit out next year, like he was going to anyway, get coached by a good coach.  If he's great QB that's underrated, then compete with Dylan and win the job. If not, he can then transfer, get some nice NIL and be happy.  QBs all seem to transfer at least once anyway. Might as well start here and see what happens.

• Fire 1

13 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

You’re going to have a hard time convincing nearly every 18 year this is their best option.

Im skeptical Raiola will pan out, but I’d likely be shopping if I’m DK.

He was going to sit out at Mizzou and Nebraska.  He admitted himself he needs to work on his body i.e. he's not strong enough yet.  He watched all the games this year so he knows even after next year if he doesn't win the job he is a play away from getting in.  3 qbs played this year and not because they were blowing teams out. Plus all his buddies are committed now.  

• Plus1 1
58 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

He was going to sit out at Mizzou and Nebraska.  He admitted himself he needs to work on his body i.e. he's not strong enough yet.  He watched all the games this year so he knows even after next year if he doesn't win the job he is a play away from getting in.  3 qbs played this year and not because they were blowing teams out. Plus all his buddies are committed now.  

And I dont see Dylan red-shirting, as he will be #2 behind mcCord 

Just now, SouthLincoln Husker said:

And I dont see Dylan red-shirting, as he will be #2 behind mcCord 

DR would red shirt unless he is needed bc of injury... he is allowed 4 games.  I would imagine he suits and is listed #2, but would be awesome to not need him and save a rs 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2

2 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

You’re going to have a hard time convincing nearly every 18 year this is their best option.

Im skeptical Raiola will pan out, but I’d likely be shopping if I’m DK.

Have him go shopping this late?? Most teams already have their qb bc it's so close to the early signing period.  Not saying it's impossible but definitely hard to try to go and find another team to play for.

• Haha 2
27 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Have him go shopping this late?? Most teams already have their qb bc it's so close to the early signing period.  Not saying it's impossible but definitely hard to try to go and find another team to play for.

If you think any team won’t find a spot for a QB that they believe adds value……….

You’re aware Nebraska is looking at a kid that committed to Georgia right?  Kinda late?

My Prediction: DK gone.  Probably get it done this weekend.

• Mavric changed the title to QB Daniel Kaelin