12-Team Playoff On the Way; 14-Team to Follow

30 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

This is great - one of the rare times that you can look at the NCAA and say 'you did this exactly right'.

First rounds on campus are going to create some unprecedented electric environments, as well as no longer than 10 days between games.

It’s half right.   First and second round games should be on campus. 

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 1

3 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

This is great - one of the rare times that you can look at the NCAA and say 'you did this exactly right'.

First rounds on campus are going to create some unprecedented electric environments, as well as no longer than 10 days between games.

Well, they messed it up by going to 12 instead of 8.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Well, they messed it up by going to 12 instead of 8.

12 is actually great from a fan perspective. I was also of the opinion that it shouldn't be bigger than 8, but when you think about it, having it at 12 with the top 4 having byes gives us a much higher chance of good and close games in the postseason.

• TBH 1
30 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

12 is actually great from a fan perspective. I was also of the opinion that it shouldn't be bigger than 8, but when you think about it, having it at 12 with the top 4 having byes gives us a much higher chance of good and close games in the postseason.

I greatly dislike the byes given that the ordering is done by a potentially biased committee. I'd much rather have 8 or 16 and no byes. Even the committee selecting the teams and then the byes being determined randomly would be better IMO.

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

• 2 months later...
On 11/28/2023 at 7:21 PM, Mavric said:

Not really crazy about the first-round, which is why I'm an 8-team playoff guy.

That SEC regional tho...

#13 and #14 pissed :madash

And all the way, 17 total games :o.  For example, Ohio State or Penn St or Ducks .... 12 regular schedule games + 1 CCG + 4 playoff wins = 17

March ..... I mean January Madness !! :

First Round (On Campus)
• Friday, December 20, 2024: One Game
• Saturday, December 21, 2024: Three Games

Quarterfinals
• Tuesday, December 31, 2024: Fiesta Bowl
• Wednesday, January 1, 2025: Peach Bowl, Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl

Semifinals
• Thursday, January 9, 2025: Orange Bowl
• Friday, January 10, 2025: Cotton Bowl (Jerry's World)

CFP National Championship
• Monday, January 20, 2025: Mercedes Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia

1 hour ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

#13 and #14 pissed :madash

And all the way, 17 total games :o.  For example, Ohio State or Penn St or Ducks .... 12 regular schedule games + 1 CCG + 4 playoff wins = 17

March ..... I mean January Madness !! :

First Round (On Campus)
• Friday, December 20, 2024: One Game
• Saturday, December 21, 2024: Three Games

Quarterfinals
• Tuesday, December 31, 2024: Fiesta Bowl
• Wednesday, January 1, 2025: Peach Bowl, Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl

Semifinals
• Thursday, January 9, 2025: Orange Bowl
• Friday, January 10, 2025: Cotton Bowl (Jerry's World)

CFP National Championship
• Monday, January 20, 2025: Mercedes Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia

Now that most of the kids on those teams will be receiving pay, I don't mind the 17 games.  Won't be easy but at least they get something out of it financially.  

43 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Now that most of the kids on those teams will be receiving pay, I don't mind the 17 games.  Won't be easy but at least they get something out of it financially.  

Young adults instead of kids 

Young Adulthood, ages 18-24, is a developmental stage of late adolescence when young people are transitioning out of kids/child/adolescent focused systems and into adult focused systems

How long before BIG goes away from the CCG?  

Also, do we have tie breakers for top two in conference now without divisions?  What happens when there are 4 10-2 teams in the BIG all with 2 conference loses?

34 minutes ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Young adults instead of kids 

Young Adulthood, ages 18-24, is a developmental stage of late adolescence when young people are transitioning out of kids/child/adolescent focused systems and into adult focused systems

You get to my age, you will call them kids.

3 minutes ago, soup said:

How long before BIG goes away from the CCG?  

Also, do we have tie breakers for top two in conference now without divisions?  What happens when there are 4 10-2 teams in the BIG all with 2 conference loses?

We have always had tie breakers in place in the event teams finish with the same record.  

2 minutes ago, soup said:

I know that there will be tie breakers.  I'm just curious what they are going to be?  Usually, they are some form of best record within division, then best home record, etc.

According to the official conference press release when they announced the upcoming schedules, they said, "Tiebreaking procedures will be announced later.".

• Mavric changed the title to 12-Team Playoff On the Way; 14-Team to Follow