QB Dylan Raiola

HuskerBoard Predictor  

91 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Raiola commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

11 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Is this true? 

I saw him say positive things about Nebraska to other players but it seemed sort of normal. Recruits rarely say anything that isn't positive about schools.

I think it's true. 

There have been a number of top recruits, especially on the offensive side, that have claimed that he's contacted them about playing together at Nebraska.

• Plus1 1

26 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think it's true. 

There have been a number of top recruits, especially on the offensive side, that have claimed that he's contacted them about playing together at Nebraska.

That doesn’t sound like a USC lean. The question is has he continue to do peer recruiting for Nebraska after the USC visit?

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think it's true. 

Interesting! I hope this is true. 

I do suspect that he's probably weighing the interest of other top recruits a player like him expects to play with. 

Frankly, a recruit like Raiola doesn't want to be throwing passes to 3* receivers or handing the ball of to 3* RBs. He wants necessary talent around him to adequately develop his skillset.

I don’t see it as peer recruiting as much as seeing who is interested in going to Nebraska with him and based on those responses if DONU is really an option. 

If they aren’t interested, he’s developing relationships that will help him peer recruit them elsewhere. He needs to see what Nebraska would look like talent wise if he comes here. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, MinnwiscowaSker said:

I don’t see it as peer recruiting as much as seeing who is interested in going to Nebraska with him and based on those responses if DONU is really an option. 

If they aren’t interested, he’s developing relationships that will help him peer recruit them elsewhere. He needs to see what Nebraska would look like talent wise if he comes here. 

That is probably it. So he may be doing the same thing with USC and GA. 

• Plus1 1
On 3/10/2023 at 9:25 AM, Dr. Strangelove said:

Interesting! I hope this is true. 

I do suspect that he's probably weighing the interest of other top recruits a player like him expects to play with. 

Frankly, imo I can only assume a recruit like Raiola doesn't want to be throwing passes to 3* receivers or handing the ball of to 3* RBs. He wants necessary talent around him to adequately develop his skillset.

You mean 3* recruits like say Ameer & Rex? I'd say those are two backs any and every college QB would love in their backfield... You constantly push the star ratings and ignore the fact that the NFL's hall of fame walls are covered with what would have been 3* or less athletes.. Billy C. had a 4* loaded roster and where did that get him? Truth is, you only love bashing and slandering anything this staff or any previous staff's have ever done/tried/wished for. Do you know him personally? Did he tell you he needs to be surrounded with 4 & 5 stars? Did he say to "you" that if our staff can find him 5 or more 4* players he's in? No, first NO you don't know him and second NO he didn't say that. 

How about posting assumptions rather that untruthful facts for once. (and btw, I fixed the post for you)

• Plus1 1

16 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

You mean 3* recruits like say Ameer & Rex? I'd say those are two backs any and every college QB would love in their backfield... You constantly push the star ratings and ignore the fact that the NFL's hall of fame walls are covered with what would have been 3* or less athletes.. Billy C. had a 4* loaded roster and where did that get him? Truth is, you only love bashing and slandering anything this staff or any previous staff's have ever done/tried/wished for. Do you know him personally? Did he tell you he needs to be surrounded with 4 & 5 stars? Did he say to "you" that if our staff can find him 5 or more 4* players he's in? No, first NO you don't know him and second NO he didn't say that. 

How about posting assumptions rather that untruthful facts for once. (and btw, I fixed the post for you)

I agree that some 3-stars shake out to be NFL caliber players and athletes. But it is more likely that the 4- and 5-stars are those guys.

Also, do you know him personally? Did he tell you personally that he didn't care if he had 4- and 5-star teammates? Did he tell you any of these things? How do you know he didn't say that?

If you don't personally know him, your whole point is just hypocritical!

1 hour ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Until there was a coaching change, yes. After which he jumped ship. Difference this time is that the coaching change has already happened and then Dylan reopened his recruitment and started to look at us more.

He jumped ship in August. He just didn’t announce it until later. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, THROW_DEM_BONES said:

If you don't personally know him, your whole point is just hypocritical!

Did you read the post or just jump to poster slander?

No where did I interject "my" opinion on what DR is thinking? 

I did ask the original poster if he personally knows DR.

I don't want to come off as snobbish, but wowsers, your "hypocritical" comment is nothing more than showing you didn't fully comprehend the context of the subject. Have a great day!! :)

• Plus1 2
On 3/11/2023 at 9:57 AM, Loebarth said:

Well, for every Ameer and Rex Burkhead, there are dozens of 3* players that flame out and don't make it. This isn't a unique analysis, the odds of a 3* player making it onto an All-America team or becoming a top NFL draft pick is lower than a 4* player, which in turn have a lower rate than a 5* player. The reason why the NFL has a lot of former 3* players on their rosters isn't because star ratings are a terrible measure, it's because there are hundreds more 3* players to begin with. 

The reason I assume Raiola wants to be surrounded by talent is easy to explain: the other schools that interest him are Georgia, USC, and formerly Ohio State. There's a reason that list doesn't have Boston College, Purdue or Washington State on it. This phenomenon isn't unique to Raiola - most highly ranked players tend to go to schools with a plethora of talent. I don't have to be his friend to know this, simply look at the schools he's interested in and ask yourself what they have in common: NFL potential and talent. 

• Plus1 4
19 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Well, for every Ameer and Rex Burkhead, there are dozens of 3* players that flame out and don't make it. This isn't a unique analysis, the odds of a 3* player making it onto an All-America team or becoming a top NFL draft pick is lower than a 4* player, which in turn have a lower rate than a 5* player. The reason why the NFL has a lot of former 3* players on their rosters isn't because star ratings are a terrible measure, it's because there are hundreds more 3* players to begin with. 

The reason I assume Raiola wants to be surrounded by talent is easy to explain: the other schools that interest him are Georgia, USC, and formerly Ohio State. There's a reason that list doesn't have Boston College, Purdue or Washington State on it. This phenomenon isn't unique to Raiola - most highly ranked players tend to go to schools with a plethora of talent. I don't have to be his friend to know this, simply look at the schools he's interested in and ask yourself what they have in common: NFL potential and talent. 

And add on to your point bc I agree with you how much more does Ohio State, Georgia and USC have to offer other then Boston College or Washington State? The school's that he is considering are so called the best of the best.  Great talent, great coaches.

• Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola
  • Mavric pinned this topic