Who needs to go?

ZRod

1 minute ago, hskrfan4life said:

I'm not trying to say it was a bad call, he drove him into the ground and I agree with the penalty (unfortunately) but I think that changes the game.

Same page. I think a lot of people will look back on that as the refs having some secret vendetta against the ghost of Bo Pelini or something but we just can't risk doing that stuff.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, ndobney said:

Clearly firing coaches every 3 to 4 years isn't working either we've tried your way that's what's got us here. Starting with the Solich fired. I think we are all past listening to guys like you. He stays regardless

Hey, I’m not calling for him to be fired. At this point I don’t give a sh#t. But this idea that it would somehow cost us the chance at landing a good coach is laughable. Nebraska is never going to get a good coach at this point. It is a career killing job. Frost was the last chance and he failed spectacularly. It ain’t happening with or without him.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
19 minutes ago, Undone said:

That f****** embarrassment with the safety, throwing the ball forward out of panic...that has to be the avatar of this era if there ever was one. Then missing two PATs? LMFAO.

If you were trying to lose the game, you might do those things.  I mean, what in the h*ll is Taylor-Britt thinking there?  It is a microcosm of the Scott Frost era - an incredibly mind-boggling, game-changing mistake that you are not likely to see ever again.  

That f****** embarrassment with the safety, throwing the ball forward out of panic...that has to be the avatar of this era if there ever was one. Then missing two PATs? LMFAO.

If you were trying to lose the game, you might do those things.  I mean, what in the h*ll is Taylor-Britt thinking there?  It is a microcosm of the Scott Frost era - an incredibly mind-boggling, game-changing mistake that you are not likely to see ever again.  

1 minute ago, hskrfan4life said:

So you have to be drunk on kool-aid to be expecting a winning season in a coaches 4TH year... With a 4TH year QB who is as inconsistent as my bowel movements? Why would we have to be drunk on Kool aid on something that SHOULD be expected at this point? No damn excuses.

We are living the definition of insanity. I'm not sure if Frost needs to go, but I believe Trev has talked with him and he knows what's needed. This felt like the 2010 Texas game (a game the team is entirely looking forward to but comes out flat.) Only difference is that was halfway through a season not the first F*CKING game...

If you watched the decision making of Martinez the last 3 years and the way he turns over the ball and how he disappears in big games I have a real difficult time understanding how you would expect anything different. 

5 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

I think the play that changed the game was the "roughing the passer" call.

Bingo. Not sure we would have won but it clearly gave Illinois all the momentum and they rattled off 28 straight. If we get that INT then even if we don’t get points we get field position. Instead Illinois gets the ball back plus 30 yards!  That maybe didn’t give Illinois the game but surely lined them up to be in it vs the hole we would have had them in. That was the worst call I have seen in several years. Great football play by Tannor.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, Undone said:

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Hey, I’m not calling for him to be fired. At this point I don’t give a sh#t. But this idea that it would somehow cost us the chance at landing a good coach is laughable. Nebraska is never going to get a good coach at this point. It is a career killing job. Frost was the last chance and he failed spectacularly. It ain’t happening with or without him.

Minnesota would to have a word with you. 
And Indiana.

And Pur-F*****g-due.

And Rutgers.

And Maryland.

And Michigan State.

And Iowa State.

And Auburn. 
And Georgia. 
And…

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ndobney said:

Clearly firing coaches every 3 to 4 years isn't working either we've tried your way that's what's got us here. Starting with the Solich fired. I think we are all past listening to guys like you.

I think there's a difference between arguing the pros/cons of firing a coach after four seasons and the whole "nobody will come here if you a fire coach after three to four years," the latter of which I agree with JJ on - it's a bad take.

Coaches know how this profession works. They know that they're given a finite amount of time to perform relative to the standards/expectations of the job. It is incredibly common for coaches to not last longer than 3-4 years if their programs aren't performing well. It's been that way for a long time now. And right now, you're looking at a Nebraska head coach that will likely finish with his fourth straight losing season and a winning percentage among the worst in Nebraska coaching history. Does anybody really think that a potential candidate will look at that and think 'man he sure got the short end of the stick'?

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 2
3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

We've done it before. Iowa is doing more with less. It starts with not chasing victories and having an identity

Just now, VectorVictor said:

Minnesota would to have a word with you. 
And Indiana.

And Pur-F*****g-due.

And Rutgers.

And Maryland.

And Michigan State.

And Iowa State.

And Auburn. 
And Georgia. 
And…

There is whole sh#tload of apathy they’re going to have to battle through to get a word with me. I. Don’t. Care. WTF they do with Frost. I’m done with him and I’m done with the constant coaching carousel. This program will not be relevant for many many more years.

3 minutes ago, ndobney said:

If you watched the decision making of Martinez the last 3 years and the way he turns over the ball and how he disappears in big games I have a real difficult time understanding how you would expect anything different. 

The scoop & score fumble was probably the biggest play of the game. Our momentum we had been building vanished on that play. But he had zero blocking on that play.

But Adrian had zero interceptions, had 111 rushing, a passing TD and a long rushing TD (that was brilliant decision making to take the lane and jet downfield).

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, ndobney said:

We've done it before. Iowa is doing more with less. It starts with not chasing victories and having an identity

I just disagree with the assessment, sir.

Iowa is mistake-free and has awesome special teams. In my opinion they actually have less of an identity on offense the past two years than at any other point in Kirk's career.

Iowa doesn't beat themselves. Nebraska does. Our identity is beating ourselves.

• Thanks 1