Who needs to go?

ZRod

32 minutes ago, Undone said:

Could have put this in multiple places.

Casual Fan looks at this game and thinks to himself, "Adrian Martinez lost this game for us." But that was one of the worst games we've ever played in terms of special teams and inopportune penalties. In order, the problem list today went:

1. Terrible special teams.

2. Terrible inopportune penalties.

3. Martinez's fumble (which I'm probably hanging more on the offensive line but that's another story).

4. Martinez not hitting the TD pass in the first half.

That f****** embarrassment with the safety, throwing the ball forward out of panic...that has to be the avatar of this era if there ever was one. Then missing two PATs? LMFAO.

Martinez can't get through his reads and make quick decisions.  He then gets sacked our scrambles.  WR's fault?  Line's fault?  His fault?  Coaches' faults?

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Frost needs a choice like Callahan had. Needs to make coaching changes. Before Frosts job is officially on the chopping block, he needs the choice to axe his assistants and hire experienced competent coaches.

Get experienced coaches on this staff.

He had that opportunity and he hired a yes man that worked for a bank. His ego is too big to make wholesale changes. 

• Plus1 1

Pursuant to the thread topic, if somebody has to go at this point, that somebody is Scott Frost. His overall performance grade as a Nebraska head coach is a C- to D. We can talk all day long about certain position coaches and coordinators needing to go, but then you have to truly ask yourself what Frost has done to prove he should keep his role where the other coaches have not.

At this point, Frost hasn't proven that.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

15 minutes ago, Husker4Real said:

If you were trying to lose the game, you might do those things.  I mean, what in the h*ll is Taylor-Britt thinking there?  It is a microcosm of the Scott Frost era - an incredibly mind-boggling, game-changing mistake that you are not likely to see ever again.  

If you were trying to lose the game, you might do those things.  I mean, what in the h*ll is Taylor-Britt thinking there?  It is a microcosm of the Scott Frost era - an incredibly mind-boggling, game-changing mistake that you are not likely to see ever again.  

You can say that again.

• Haha 4
2 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Martinez can't get through his reads and make quick decisions.  He then gets sacked our scrambles.  WR's fault?  Line's fault?  His fault?  Coaches' faults?

I don't think you're entirely wrong about not getting through the reads quick enough.

Still, 232 yards passing with 1 TD pass and zero interceptions isn't bad. What sticks out most I think probably to the majority is going to be the missed TD pass. If he makes that one and we didn't miss the PATs the game is possibly 28-28 at the end of the 4th (as we got a FG on the drive where he missed that TD pass).

15 minutes ago, Undone said:

I just really doubt the Logan Smothers we saw in the spring game does better than Martinez.

You’re not asking the right question—you should be asking “could Logan Smothers do worse than Martinez?”

And the answer to that is yes, but no. 

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Frost needs a choice like Callahan had. Needs to make coaching changes. Before Frosts job is officially on the chopping block, he needs the choice to axe his assistants and hire experienced competent coaches.

Get experienced coaches on this staff.

What has Frost done to warrant job security where the position coaches and coordinators have not?

• Fire 1

Frost’s legacy is about to go down as a flaming turd 

had he taken over a winning team, he’d probably end up in the college hall of fame. He’s not use to fixing things, he’s used to be put on a pedestal. 

look at his history. He never stays long anywhere. He couldn’t even do the full four/five years at one college. Once he and his dad left for Stanford butthurt, he should have stayed there. He rides on the coattails of others and basks in the glory. He’s a loser and he's been exposed. I wonder what he would have done the next year at Central Florida. 

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

9 minutes ago, Undone said:

I don't think you're entirely wrong about not getting through the reads quick enough.

Still, 232 yards passing with 1 TD pass and zero interceptions isn't bad. What sticks out most I think probably to the majority is going to be the missed TD pass. If he makes that one and we didn't miss the PATs the game is possibly 28-28 at the end of the 4th (as we got a FG on the drive where he missed that TD pass).

He also missed high on some passes. I get you have a bad game, but the inconsistency is killing us.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Frost’s legacy is about to go down as a flaming turd 

had he taken over a winning team, he’d probably end up in the college hall of fame. He’s not use to fixing things, he’s used to be put on a pedestal. 

look at his history. He never stays long anywhere. He couldn’t even do the full four/five years at one college. Once he and his dad left for Stanford butthurt, he should have stayed there. He rides on the coattails of others and basks in the glory. He’s a loser and he's been exposed. I wonder what he would have done the next year at Central Florida. 

Didn’t he inherit a 0-12 UCF team..?

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, Enhance said:

What has Frost done to warrant job security where the position coaches and coordinators have not?

Tbf I think, Fisher, Tuioliti (SP?) Chinander have done a great job. Illinois adjusted because we got too much pressure, quick throws to the sidelines.

1 minute ago, BoNeyard said:

Didn’t he inherit a 0-12 UCF team..?

Thing is all 0-12 teams aren't the same. They were good up until that point

24 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I get your point. Playing devil's advocate. Defense is decent. He's recognized talent deficiencies and tried to plug them. That's about it... 

Has changing coordinators and other assistants ever worked?  As much as I hate to say it, it's Frost.  His decision making process is baffling.  There's a long list of little things that make you scratch your head but here's just one from today.

1 second left in the half. QB just gave up a fumble six.  Ball on your on 20.  What would anyone here do?   Can it and regroup.  Instead he tries what apparently was an attempt to score a TD.  From 80 yards???  Nothing good ever comes from that.  I swear we tried something similar last year and it actually backfired.  

I don't know.  Just high risk zero reward.  Which translates into a team that doesn't play smart 

I say play out the year, see what happens and pull the cork if need be.  

• Fire 1