Who needs to go?

ZRod

4 minutes ago, Undone said:

That f****** embarrassment with the safety, throwing the ball forward out of panic...that has to be the avatar of this era if there ever was one. 

Only one of many, many, many.

We should trademark the term Weirdo Ball‪™‬ because we do it better than anyone. 

5 minutes ago, ndobney said:

If you fire Scott Frost right now not a single coach worth an ounce will take the job

This is an old tired take.

Our choices are already limited. Firing a guy with absolutely no evidence of improving things doesn’t change it at all.  I was a Frost or bust guy. It’s been nothing but bust, plain and simple. This would not be like firing Solich or Pelini. It would be like firing Riley, probably even more deserved.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

Scott Frost will not be coaching next year if the team continues to play like it did today.  If, after 4 years, the team continues to blunder it's way through the B1G, you have all the evidence you need.  

I was 100% on board with the Frost hire 4 years ago.  I thought this was the guy.  I was wrong.  Instead, Frost has been in over his head from Day 1; and he just is not getting better. 

Add this game to the long list of losses that would have been wins if NU simply avoids making incredibly epic mistakes.  It is mind-boggling how this team continues to beat itself with incredible mistakes - seismic, back-breaking, game-shifting mistakes.  Every team makes some mistakes...but how many teams will field a punt for a safety, miss two XPs, have 30 yards of penalties on one play, and give up a scoop and score.....all in the SAME GAME!  Most teams will go all season with none of those things happening at all.  Nebraska did it all in ONE GAME!

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

This is an old tired take.

Our choices are already limited. Firing a guy with absolutely no evidence of improving things doesn’t change it at all.  I was a Frost or bust guy. It’s been nothing but bust, plain and simple. This would not be like firing Solich or Pelini. It would be like firing Riley, probably even more deserved.

Clearly firing coaches every 3 to 4 years isn't working either we've tried your way that's what's got us here. Starting with the Solich fired. I think we are all past listening to guys like you. He stays regardless

8 minutes ago, Undone said:

"Mike Dawson's going to make all the difference coaching special teams this year!!"

DecentTinyAfricanwildcat-size_restricted

We continue to be one of the only P5 schools without a full time ST coordinator and it is absolutely mind boggling that Frost doesn't get it.  You need one, especially in the Big Ten.

• Thanks 1

I just cannot stand the fact that Scott hasn't fixed special teams and penalties. This kind of stuff is permissible in year one and then that's pretty much it.

In year 4? Honestly I'm so disillusioned with the program at this point I don't even really have the energy to talk about what's best to do in terms of staff. What I do believe now though is Frost is incapable of fixing special teams. That makes me really question what he's capable of bringing to the table as a head coach.

I mean like...did he fire Rutledge because he sucked so bad or because he knew he had broken the rules with player engagement?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hskrfan4life said:

I think the play that changed the game was the "roughing the passer" call.

I can entertain that take.

But my opinion on that play is that Tannor should just go low and not at the numbers on that one, period. And I think we're too much of a dumpster fire to really have any ground with the "that was a bad call" angle.

If you're not closing in on him before he lets go of the ball, just don't do that s***.

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, ndobney said:

Unless you were drunk on Kool aid, you weren't expecting a winning season this season. Not changing at this point

So you have to be drunk on kool-aid to be expecting a winning season in a coaches 4TH year... With a 4TH year QB who is as inconsistent as my bowel movements? Why would we have to be drunk on Kool aid on something that SHOULD be expected at this point? No damn excuses.

We are living the definition of insanity. I'm not sure if Frost needs to go, but I believe Trev has talked with him and he knows what's needed. This felt like the 2010 Texas game (a game the team is entirely looking forward to but comes out flat.) Only difference is that was halfway through a season not the first F*CKING game...

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, Undone said:

I can entertain that take.

But my opinion on that play is that Tannor should just go low and not at the numbers on that one, period. And I think we're too much of a dumpster fire to really have any ground with the "that was a bad call" angle.

If you're not closing in on him before he lets go of the ball, just don't do that s***.

I'm not trying to say it was a bad call, he drove him into the ground and I agree with the penalty (unfortunately) but I think that changes the game.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, Undone said:

"Mike Dawson's going to make all the difference coaching special teams this year!!"

DecentTinyAfricanwildcat-size_restricted

We continue to be one of the only P5 schools without a full time ST coordinator and it is absolutely mind boggling that Frost doesn't get it.  You need one, especially in the Big Ten.