Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

26 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Embrace it we would, 100%. We'd be going nuts for a B-Back smashing up the gut for 5 yards. Benhart would be driving guys back instead of being put on his back. Wouldn't that be something?

On yeah, a new coach would magically make Benhart a better run blocker... he's a huge reason our run game sucks now.

The offense itself would be fine, just had a laugh at the Benhart comment.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Ya'll are so worried about fan apathy, honestly, moving on from Frost this year is what will bring that about for me. 

I can support a Husker trying to right the ship and the struggles to do so.

BUT, We have gotten worse every time we switch coaches since Osborne. Honestly, if we bring in a new guy, I probably won't even bother learning his, but definitely not his assistant's names. Won't matter when they are shown the door in 3 years anyway.

Just not worth investing the time or energy in a doomed regime.

Sadly, we are looking at the worst regime in the history of NU football.  Frost wins the next 3, I'll be the first to say I was wrong.....Frost just goes 50/50 in those 1 score games and we are looking at 3 more wins per year...That's huge.  But he didn't.  And I am unsure at this point if he can.  The comments by Beckton were telling about guys giving 1 more inch.  Missing 5/6 plays per game and being "this close".  And in year 4?  Still "this close"....Every year, just :this close".  That to me is coaching, scheme, development and culture. Im comfortable in saying the next coach won't be worse.....

5 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

On yeah, a new coach would magically make Benhart a better run blocker... he's a huge reason our run game sucks now.

How many years has he been here?  Who has been the OL coach all those years?  Why is he still here?  That's a CEO decision....Same with Verduzco.....Held.......

1 minute ago, lo country said:

Sadly, we are looking at the worst regime in the history of NU football.  Frost wins the next 3, I'll be the first to say I was wrong.....Frost just goes 50/50 in those 1 score games and we are looking at 3 more wins per year...That's huge.  But he didn't.  And I am unsure at this point if he can.  The comments by Beckton were telling about guys giving 1 more inch.  Missing 5/6 plays per game and being "this close".  And in year 4?  Still "this close"....Every year, just :this close".  That to me is coaching, scheme, development and culture. Im comfortable in saying the next coach won't be worse.....

You were probably as confident as everyone else who said all a coach had to do was show up to win 9 games at Nebraska, when Solich/Pelini and then Pelini were let go too.

1 minute ago, lo country said:

How many years has he been here?  Who has been the OL coach all those years?  Why is he still here?  That's a CEO decision....Same with Verduzco.....Held.......

Thats ignoring the progress at the other line spots and the fact that Teddy was better as a true freshman. Benhart just ain't ready yet, sucks he's the best we got at that spot. 

5 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

You were probably as confident as everyone else who said all a coach had to do was show up to win 9 games at Nebraska, when Solich/Pelini and then Pelini were let go too.

Not me.  I wanted to keep them both.  Solich deserved more time after firing his staff.  Bo losing Carl and Sanders hurt.  But I liked them both.

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

The offense itself would be fine, just had a laugh at the Benhart comment.

Watch some old Georgia Tech or service academy games, how their offensive lines block. It's an ENTIRELY different scheme and philosophy. So yes, I absolutely believe Benhart would be a  monster firing off the line for Monken or Calhoun. There is no outside zone patty-cake. It's in your face, helmets trading paint, pads cracking awesomeness. 

4 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Thats ignoring the progress at the other line spots and the fact that Teddy was better as a true freshman. Benhart just ain't ready yet, sucks he's the best we got at that spot. 

A true freshman.  One year to play raw and with natural instincts is what I would argue.  I just see Austin as another guy that needs to move on.  

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Herman was 32-18 at Texas.  4-0 in bowl games, 22-14 in the Big XII and 0-1 in Big XII Championship....

Frost is 15-26, O bowls, O championships and in the B1G is now 10-22 (if I added correctly)....He is also 0-4 in first season games against P5 teams.....

5 minutes ago, lo country said:

Herman was 32-18 at Texas.  4-0 in bowl games, 22-14 in the Big XII and 0-1 in Big XII Championship....

Frost is 15-26, O bowls, O championships and in the B1G is now 10-22 (if I added correctly)....He is also 0-4 in first season games against P5 teams.....

Also known as Terrible 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Texas made a bad hire. Sarkisian was 24-21 in conference games at Washington and 7-5 in conference games at USC.  I am not sure why Texas thought he would suddenly start winning more games when he got to Austin.

• Fire 1
  • Enhance locked and unlocked this topic