Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

2 hours ago, lo country said:

Herman was 32-18 at Texas.  4-0 in bowl games, 22-14 in the Big XII and 0-1 in Big XII Championship....

Frost is 15-26, O bowls, O championships and in the B1G is now 10-22 (if I added correctly)....He is also 0-4 in first season games against P5 teams.....

Herman would be a great option and big upgrade. He knows the Big10 and there would be little on the job training 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Herman would be a great option and big upgrade. He knows the Big10 and there would be little on the job training 

I agree.  Folks seem to knock like personality....I think some fans and other B1G coaches can say the same of Frost.  I am sure that Herman felt humbled going from Houston to UT and then sent packing.....Going 1-4 against OU doomed him....Look at Frost vs Iowa, Wisky and OSU......And people still want to keep him....Herman would do fine here.  Seemed to have OSU humming along....

While at Houston was 6-0 vs AP ranked teams and 5-0 against P5 teams......IMHO, this speaks to his ability to develop guys to punch above their weight.....He might some baggage, but I wouldn't be hiring him to be the lead pastor at my church......

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

I agree.  Folks seem to knock like personality....I think some fans and other B1G coaches can say the same of Frost.  I am sure that Herman felt humbled going from Houston to UT and then sent packing.....Going 1-4 against OU doomed him....Look at Frost vs Iowa, Wisky and OSU......And people still want to keep him....Herman would do fine here.  Seemed to have OSU humming along....

While at Houston was 6-0 vs AP ranked teams and 5-0 against P5 teams......IMHO, this speaks to his ability to develop guys to punch above their weight.....He might some baggage, but I wouldn't be hiring him to be the lead pastor at my church......

BTW what is he doing now

6 hours ago, teachercd said:

Campbell would sort of be a dude hire in my mind.  Lame recruiter, boring offense, doesn't wow me much.

Iowa smokes him all the time...WVU just beat him...Still might have two losses at least left after starting the year like ranked 8th.

I don't think he'd be a lame recruiter at Nebraska, and I think his offense is perfect for Nebraska to. Outside of the combination of he and Scott's buyouts, I'm not sure why no one seems to think he'd come to Nebraska.

O'Brien is a good coach. I really dont get people not liking him. I watched probably 90% of his games in the NFL and he took some terrible QBs to the playoffs, and then switched it up and ran a completely different offense to help Watson along when he was having trouble making reads and the oline was porous.  As much as people around here love to read into press conferences, he would do really well at that. The only thing I would worry about was I'm not sure if he likes or is good at recruiting or not. He would need a good DC and some good recruiting positional coaches. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, lo country said:

Herman was 32-18 at Texas.  4-0 in bowl games, 22-14 in the Big XII and 0-1 in Big XII Championship....

Frost is 15-26, O bowls, O championships and in the B1G is now 10-22 (if I added correctly)....He is also 0-4 in first season games against P5 teams.....

I know you mean well.  But these are just paper numbers.  Herman wore out his welcome as coach right away, with all these talented Texas kids.  Keep him away.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I don't think he'd be a lame recruiter at Nebraska, and I think his offense is perfect for Nebraska to. Outside of the combination of he and Scott's buyouts, I'm not sure why no one seems to think he'd come to Nebraska.

I think a lot of coaches, Campbell, Fitzgerald, Fleck, Fickel,  Ferentz etc have come to realize, like Patterson at TCU had, that sometimes its better to be the hero building something at a never been, and receive a lifetime contract making good money, than chase great money and be unemployed after 3 years.

Frost came, because this is home , otherwise he could have stayed  and ended up with a stadium named after him at UCF. Probably sometimes wishes he did. 

I honestly don't see Campbell leaving ISU barring a fallout with the administration. Fleck probably the same at Minny. Fitzgerald and Ferentz are already there. I think you'll see this more and more as parody has pretty much leveled the playing field and you have a chance as long as your in a P5 conference. I mean just look at Clemson and Baylor, Iowa State, why leave millions of dollars and piece of mind for a million more and no job security. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Born N Bled Red said:

I think a lot of coaches, Campbell, Fitzgerald, Fleck, Fickel,  Ferentz etc have come to realize, like Patterson at TCU had, that sometimes its better to be the hero building something at a never been, and receive a lifetime contract making good money, than chase great money and be unemployed after 3 years.

Frost came, because this is home , otherwise he could have stayed  and ended up with a stadium named after him at UCF. Probably sometimes wishes he did. 

I honestly don't see Campbell leaving ISU barring a fallout with the administration. Fleck probably the same at Minny. Fitzgerald and Ferentz are already there. I think you'll see this more and more as parody has pretty much leveled the playing field and you have a chance as long as your in a P5 conference. I mean just look at Clemson and Baylor, Iowa State, why leave millions of dollars and piece of mind for a million more and no job security. 

Maybe. But, you also may be underestimating the competitive nature and/or egos of these kind of guys.

• Plus1 1
  • Enhance locked and unlocked this topic