Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

1 minute ago, Jeremy said:

Urban Meyer has already won 2 national championships. O'Brien doesn't even belong in the same conversation as Urban. Saban and Petey ended up in recruiting hotbeds; they're surrounded by 4 and 5 star talent. We have to scratch and claw all over the country to get a couple dozen to commit - totally different circumstances. 

Edit: Wait...maybe you're being facetious?

Yeah dude, being sarcastic as he11 in that response. I happen to agree with you on BOB, or really NFL guy. 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

O'Brien would be better than a military academy coach.

Oh I dunno. You can be talented but undisciplined and lose. You can be disciplined but untalented and lose. 

I'd say we got talent, in all but 4 spots. We probably lack some discipline. I'd think an academy coach would be better than most at instilling that trait.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Oh I dunno. You can be talented but undisciplined and lose. You can be disciplined but untalented and lose. 

I'd say we got talent, in all but 4 spots. We probably lack some discipline. I'd think an academy coach would be better than most at instilling that trait.

This man speaks wisdom as from the sages of old.

Born, you're a gentleman and a scholar. There are so few of us left.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

If O'Brien ends up in Lincoln, I'm done.

This seems a bit silly. You're gonna quit cheering for the Huskers if we hire a decent coach because he wore out his welcome in the NFL? Honestly if we fire Frost I will give the new guy a chance no matter what. There are no sure things in CFB. I'm sure a new hire would have some flaws. 

• Plus1 2
Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I think Calhoun is a damn good coach, and I love the offense he runs. Again, Nebraska is the one school who would embrace that offense whole-heartedly.

Embrace it we would, 100%. We'd be going nuts for a B-Back smashing up the gut for 5 yards. Benhart would be driving guys back instead of being put on his back. Wouldn't that be something?

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

I think we are seeing it now. It is a small class, but it isn't filled with highly rated guys. As has been mentioned, we can't win with better talent.  how will we win with less.  now throw in losing not just local kids, but alumni kids....Who don't choose us.

3 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

This seems a bit silly. You're gonna quit cheering for the Huskers if we hire a decent coach because he wore out his welcome in the NFL? Honestly if we fire Frost I will give the new guy a chance no matter what. There are no sure things in CFB. I'm sure a new hire would have some flaws. 

Ya'll are so worried about fan apathy, honestly, moving on from Frost this year is what will bring that about for me. 

I can support a Husker trying to right the ship and the struggles to do so.

BUT, We have gotten worse every time we switch coaches since Osborne. Honestly, if we bring in a new guy, I probably won't even bother learning his, but definitely not his assistant's names. Won't matter when they are shown the door in 3 years anyway.

Just not worth investing the time or energy in a doomed regime.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I guess I should have been more clear. I would done going to games, and things Husker football-related. I spend a good chunk of money every fall going to a few games and buying Husker gear. A guy like O'Brien just brings no excitement. I don't see how he would beat out Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, etc for recruits. 

I love Nebraska no matter what, but I'm even now getting to the point where I get MUCH more enjoyment watching the service academies do their thing, than whatever the heck we're trying to do now. Who knows that O'Brien would be any better? Why would recruits choose him over a Mel Tucker? What would O'Brien bring to the table that gives us any kind of edge. If the past is any indication, probably not a lot.

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Somebody is happy with adding smiley faces to most recent posts in this thread. :) I have noticed a few Frost defenders eerily quiet this week and not posting much but potentially voting on posts. 

Here is some background on DeBoer.  The guy went 67-3 in 5 seasons at Sioux Falls (49-1 in conference) and is doing well in his 2nd year at Fresno State.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalen_DeBoer

Looks like a good coach to me. Maybe could use more seasoning yet in comparison to those two others? In my heart of hearts, I hope Scott Frost finds his way and the resolutions to what's plaguing us begin fruition. 

If Napier were to come, he could bring along Levi Lewis for a year. :) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azBsJHpw5mQ&t=43s

2 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Ya'll are so worried about fan apathy, honestly, moving on from Frost this year is what will bring that about for me. 

I can support a Husker trying to right the ship and the struggles to do so.

BUT, We have gotten worse every time we switch coaches since Osborne. Honestly, if we bring in a new guy, I probably won't even bother learning his, but definitely not his assistant's names. Won't matter when they are shown the door in 3 years anyway.

Just not worth investing the time or energy in a doomed regime.

I'm pretty close to that state, too. Would you agree, though, that an Urban Meyer (maybe Chris Peterson) hire would kick the hype levels up several notches? I'm not saying Urban would ever come here, but, man, it would be something.

13 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Personally I hope Trev will at least reach out to Chris Petersen. He's as close to a home-run hire as we could get.

Petersen won’t leave the NW.  The reason he went to Seattle and has stayed there is because his son is continuously at Children Hospital and he has seen the same doctor for years. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

I'm pretty close to that state, too. Would you agree, though, that an Urban Meyer (maybe Chris Peterson) hire would kick the hype levels up several notches? I'm not saying Urban would ever come here, but, man, it would be something.

Short of Urban/ Bob Stoops, no. -And they won't come.

Peterson, or Patterson might have for me 10 years ago. Not now.

• Plus1 1
  • Enhance locked and unlocked this topic