Pros and Cons of Keeping it Frosty

15 hours ago, KazLong said:

Frost has never beaten Iowa or Wisconsin. :bang

We have only beaten Wisconsin once since joining the conference and that was one of just 3 one score games. The other games we were boatraced, including one of the worst losses in the only Championship game we have played in what, 20+ years? We shouldn't even mention the CFP until we can start competing in the B1G West, and even then, we need to compete with the East before we should even think about making the playoffs. That is simply fantasy at this point.

Would we be having all these threads and conversations if it were anyone else but Frost? Nostalgia is not a reason to keep a coach with four consecutive losing seasons. I will say this again. If Frost had any answers, we would have seen them by now. He does not. He is hoping that things will fix themselves if he stays the course. That is the message I get from all his pressers.

Pros: save university money

Cons: (1) More of the same crap week in week out.
           (2) Another mass exodus of players with Frost accusing them of not having the character he wants in his team. 
           (3) Another 1000 threads discussing whether Frost should get another year or be Fired.

1 hour ago, Frustrated said:

We have only beaten Wisconsin once since joining the conference and that was one of just 3 one score games. The other games we were boatraced, including one of the worst losses in the only Championship game we have played in what, 20+ years? We shouldn't even mention the CFP until we can start competing in the B1G West, and even then, we need to compete with the East before we should even think about making the playoffs. That is simply fantasy at this point.

We have played more than one conference championship in the last 20 years if thats what you were refering to.  Now if your talking about national championship i think thats been like 20 years also

53 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

We have played more than one conference championship in the last 20 years if thats what you were refering to.  Now if your talking about national championship i think thats been like 20 years also

My bad. I was referencing our last conference championship game WIN. But sure, we have been beat on a CCG stage a handful of times in the past 20 years...once in the B1G. Once. Since 2012. Once. 70-31... frankly 14 of our points were against their managers and some fans, and maybe a hotdog vendor at Lucas Oil.

1 minute ago, Frustrated said:

My bad. I was referencing our last conference championship game WIN. But sure, we have been beat on a CCG stage a handful of times in the past 20 years...once in the B1G. Once. Since 2012. Once. 70-31... frankly 14 of our points were against their managers and some fans, and maybe a hotdog vendor at Lucas Oil.

That was a mighty bad a$$ whoopin.  That run by martinez was great though.

• Oh Yeah! 1
7 hours ago, man eating mastodon said:

No they don't.  4 years of s#!t football is enough. 

4 years of losing*. This year they have actually played some pretty good football in many of the games.

Again, I'm not convinced either way yet.  I know many of the loudest voices are, and that's understandable.  I agree there are a pile of concerns and I'm not sure Frost and staff can fix them.  However, if Trev and the other Nebraska leadership want him back for another year, I can understand why and I'll support the team like it's 1995.  GBR

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, BoNeyard said:

All more attractive jobs than what a 5 straight losing season Nebraska team is.

I totally disagree. I believe that where the program is right now it is a HUGE opportunity for somebody to come in and turn it around. If somebody really invests themselves into it and gets the team behind them, I bet that next year you are winning 6, and within 3 years chasing a conference title. Lincoln gives all of the support a coach needs, but Lincoln cannot instill all of the things that a coaching staff needs to. Way back in the 70's, Iowa was terrible. Along comes Hayden and a few years later we are in the Rose Bowl. Many coaches would be honored to coach at Nebraska.

YOU just need to get rid of the one that you currently have........

Nebraska is a storied program just like Michigan, Ohio state, and Oklahoma. Anyone who doubts that is a moron. Let us for a second compare Nebraska to Michigan. They are both storied programs and they both hired one of their alums as HC. Since 2015, Michigan under Jim Harbaugh had three 10-3 seasons, one 9-4, one 8-5, 2-4 during COVID year, and is currently 8-1. He is on the hot seat because he has not faired well against Michigan state and Ohio state even though his record is at 47-17 and 29-10 in the big ten. After his loss to Michigan state, the fans were calling for him to get fired. If he loses to Ohio state this year, he might still get fired. 

Now, contrast that to us, another storied program that hired one of its alums in Scott Frost. Frost is 15-27 at Nebraska and 10-23 in big ten competition with four consecutive losing seasons and no bowl appearances. His best team with all his recruits cannot buy a win against teams with a pulse. He is 5-19 in games decided by 9 points or less. 

So, why is it that Michigan fans can demand perfection from their storied program, and our fans are settling for excuses and making argument after argument to keep Frost for another year. Have we lost hope and passion for Husker Football that we decided to lower our standards and embrace irrelevance and mediocrity and promises that we might turn the corner next year? All we wanted this season is a 6-6 record. If Frost delivered that, I am confident that we would not be having half of these conversations. Yet, here we are at 3-7 with a good chance that we might end up with 3-9. If that is the new norm for husker football then we might as well join the FCS and just focus our energy on volleyball.

• Thanks 1
On 11/6/2021 at 7:37 PM, gobiggergoredder said:

If we keep Frost we have to watch one more year of AM.  I don’t know if I can handle it.

I know this is made half-jokingly, but if Martinez is indeed our quarterback next year, I don't think I could watch any more of the games. I think our fan base is just exhausted at this point. If Frost stays, wholesale changes need to made; new QB coach, new OL coach, new special teams coach. Hell, we might even need a new OC. If we lose the remaining 2 games, I feel this program will be at a precipice. 

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, CyHawk said:

. If somebody really invests themselves into it and gets the team behind them, I bet that next year you are winning 6, and within 3 years chasing a conference title. .

YOU just need to get rid of the one that you currently have........

Spoken like a true Iowa fan. You see, we already have that in Frost. We don’t want to merely be chasing conference titles here and there every decade. We want it all. The debate is weather Frost is just a Ferentz or if he can can grow into a Saban. We already know any Tom d!(k or Harry can get this program to mediocre. We watched the worst coaches in school history do it with Carly, Riley and Bo. We want better than that.  There aren’t a lot of coaches better than that who want to take this on. That’s the problem. 

What WE really need to get rid of is YOU. 

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, Husker03 said:

Spoken like a true Iowa fan. You see, we already have that in Frost. We don’t want to merely be chasing conference titles here and there every decade. We want it all. The debate is weather Frost is just a Ferentz or if he can can grow into a Saban. We already know any Tom d!(k or Harry can get this program to mediocre. We watched the worst coaches in school history do it with Carly, Riley and Bo. We want better than that.  There aren’t a lot of coaches better than that who want to take this on. That’s the problem. 

What WE really need to get rid of is YOU. 

Sometimes I am amazed at small minds. What I said was Conference Championship in 3 years. Did I say forever? Did I say mediocre? Hell, on this side of the river we are embarrassed for you guys and would like to see you get back to prominence.  Frankly, many in the conference are second guessing whether they should have even allowed Neb in the B1G. We expected a solid program, not a dumpster fire. Get you s#!t together, get a coach that does not do STUPID things like pass on a bowl game, and start the process of getting better. I believe there are a ton of coaches that would love the opportunity in Lincoln. 

Now, if you think that you will be in the Natty in year 3, you are just dumb.