Those No Longer With Us

Mavric

On 4/24/2024 at 11:18 PM, Huskerfollower4life said:

He played in 5 games last year and while that's not a lot he struggled in every game with at least one turnover.  The guy on X is building Jeff Sims up like he isn't a bad qb while in fact he was horrible last year.  I appreciate what he tried to do but he is best suited for a team that strictly is going to run the ball as its base bc he can't make the account throws while being in the pocket and even then as a running qb he doesn't do a great job of holding on to the ball so good luck to whatever team takes him.  Maybe best option is to not to be a qb at all.

He had major fumbling issues too.  QB not his position?  

I'm not sure Football is his sport.

• TBH 3

36 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Is that the Canadian Football league?  He was the number one draft pick in the entire draft?

Yeah - if I remember correctly, they have a limited number of roster spots for non-Canadian players and most of those are already filled. Not to downplay the honor for EMC, but there were only 18 total picks and 7 of those were kickers or punters. It's like a supplemental draft. 

There's also no guarantee these players will sign - Tory Taylor was picked in the 2nd round, but I imagine he'll go with the Chicago Bears who picked him in the 4th round of the NFL draft. But if he randomly gets cut (he won't), the B.C. Lions would have his rights for the CFL. Nouri Nouili was selected in the CFL draft as well, last pick to the Montreal Alouettes.

• Plus1 3