Those No Longer With Us

Mavric

• 2 weeks later...

Big Ten Network is pumping out highlights for all significant players moving on. These aren't phenomenal - it's clearly just stitching together results from a database of plays, TOs + sacks +  blocked kicks + TFLs + PBUs + 3rd/4th down tackles with no 1st down gained and maybe more. Which is cool, but I've run across a few where the play was clearly mis-categorized (player not even on the field, or play result isn't anything of note), and it doesn't find things like open field tackles or big hits unless they also hit other criteria. 

In any case, Reimer's are out now and they appear to be going team by team so they might have some for Newsome/Brown/Henrich.

Apparently whatever database does not include PBUs, so the highlights for Newsome and Hill are shorter than they deserve. Hill also isn't leaving.

Looks like they're on to Northwestern, which is a shame because I wanted to see Henrich truck Dylan Edwards and sack Sheduer again. And then truck Braelon Allen, although thanks to the tripping no-call Mordecai got out of that one.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On 4/23/2024 at 7:09 PM, runningblind said:

He only played in a few. 

He played in 5 games last year and while that's not a lot he struggled in every game with at least one turnover.  The guy on X is building Jeff Sims up like he isn't a bad qb while in fact he was horrible last year.  I appreciate what he tried to do but he is best suited for a team that strictly is going to run the ball as its base bc he can't make the account throws while being in the pocket and even then as a running qb he doesn't do a great job of holding on to the ball so good luck to whatever team takes him.  Maybe best option is to not to be a qb at all.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Seems like there’s a decent chance we don’t get a player drafted into the NFL this year? It would appear we have a few guys who might be very late rounds, but I guess we will see. Sure, that senior class was short on talent/development and went through a ton without much to show for it, but it’s also a testament to how much returning production we have coming back next year.

• TBH 1
3 hours ago, Kayvan said:

Seems like there’s a decent chance we don’t get a player drafted into the NFL this year? It would appear we have a few guys who might be very late rounds, but I guess we will see. Sure, that senior class was short on talent/development and went through a ton without much to show for it, but it’s also a testament to how much returning production we have coming back next year.

There's very little chance anyone gets drafted this year. 

• TBH 1