Game Result  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Michigan single digit win
    • Michigan double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/2022 at 02:30 AM

2 minutes ago, admo said:

The score and result doesn't tell the whole story.  It was a good effort by the Huskers and it was winnable.  Huskers were leading most of the way.  They were up by 3 with less than 3 to go.  Then Michigan went on a 13-4 run.  That's gotta drive the guys crazy.  Props to Michigan having better bigs and rebounding everything, and their team for hitting free throws....and knowing how to win these games.  Because they couldn't hit a 3 all night.

Also helps to have the stripes in their pocket too... another poorly officiated night in the Big Ten. 

But yes, Michigan is the better team. We should have taken this one.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Also helps to have the stripes in their pocket too... another poorly officiated night in the Big Ten. 

But yes, Michigan is the better team. We should have taken this one.

The first half seemed to be pretty consistent with the refs, in that they were poor/calling things too closely. The first part of the second half was atrociously uneven (6 fouls before the first media break vs none). I'll say that this is one where the refs probably changed the outcome of the game with Tominaga's block that turned into a T. Keisei needed to respond better, but that had to be the worst call in the Big 10 so far. 

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, whateveritis1224 said:

The first half seemed to be pretty consistent with the refs, in that they were poor/calling things too closely. The first part of the second half was atrociously uneven (6 fouls before the first media break vs none). I'll say that this is one where the refs probably changed the outcome of the game with Tominaga's block that turned into a T. Keisei needed to respond better, but that had to be the worst call in the Big 10 so far. 

I agree. The calls being one-sided during that stretch changed the outcome of the game. Nebraska lost the ability to be as aggressive defensively with the foul trouble and switched to the smaller lineup which negatively impacted the offense.

That said, there was a decent amount of hero ball again, but that’s come to be expected unfortunately. Would be nice if we didn’t have to consider overcoming the refs as much as we already do plenty each game to defeat ourselves. 

In the B1G you need 7 footers that can rebound.  To me second chance points are just priceless. I just don't understand the disconnect between the coaches we have hired and the way you play in the B1G.  In BBall you need 2 bigs and a shooter. In football you need a big Oline and 2 RBs. You MUST hammer down the fundamentals in this league, then you can get cute. But without the basics you will be stuck in neutral or reverse and we have see that. Shooters go cold and Olines get man handeled. The keys to success and winning in the B1G is not sexy but it works and that is where we need to focus our recruiting on the fundamentals of the game. This is so frustrating to watch, I still like Fred but he needs a overhaul like what Frost had, I would try to pirate a old head B1G coach with strong recruiting ties to Chicago and Pennsylvania area to land a big time 7 foot center. 

Fred needs a coaching staff makeover and another year zero. 

44 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The team played better last night than I had seen them play in a while.  But...it's still a loss.

One thing that last might made clear.  We need a good big man.  Anyone who thought Fred's offense doesn't need one is sorely mistaken.

Fred is responsible for the makeup of the roster. The idea that you can find success in the BIG without EITHER a Big OR a point guard is sorely misguided.

• Plus1 2
  • seaofred92 changed the title to Nebrasketball Game #22- @ Michigan: Tuesday, February 1 8pm BTN
  • seaofred92 unpinned this topic
56 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I disagree.  You can only play 5 a time.  You can have 12 at all the other spots.  If you don't have a big, your missing a major part.

You sure can be but teams like Nova and Baylor have done great without a true center type.

Now, your other 5 guys on the floor better be long and bulldog type defenders.

• Plus1 1

On 2/2/2022 at 6:26 PM, teachercd said:

You sure can be but teams like Nova and Baylor have done great without a true center type.

Now, your other 5 guys on the floor better be long and bulldog type defenders.

Nova’s biggest weakness is getting eaten alive on the boards. They also play in what I consider to be the most “free flowing” type league amongst the big 7- not a ton of true grinder type teams. Many more space and pace types which helps Nova IMO.

Watch what Sanogo does to them on the interior today for UConn. 

2 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

Nova’s biggest weakness is getting eaten alive on the boards. They also play in what I consider to be the most “free flowing” type league amongst the big 7- not a ton of true grinder type teams. Many more space and pace types which helps Nova IMO.

Watch what Sanogo does to them on the interior today for UConn. 

You mean watch him get his a$$ kicked as UConn struggles to score 30 points in the first half while letting up 40?