Northwestern Prediction Thread

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

A lot of people think this game will be well under the 50.5 totals.  

The first half of finally playing football could be kind of ugly.  I think the 2nd half we take off like missiles (or by mid 2nd quarter). 

NW will try to ugly up the game (slowly, no question).  They have pretty good RBs so the Huskers need to be on top of the LOS and force them to throw.

21 minutes ago, admo said:

The first half of finally playing football could be kind of ugly.  I think the 2nd half we take off like missiles (or by mid 2nd quarter). 

NW will try to ugly up the game (slowly, no question).  They have pretty good RBs so the Huskers need to be on top of the LOS and force them to throw.

NW will be playing some really soft prevent D...trying to make NU dink and dunk and mess up.  

I am betting there will not be many possessions and not many snaps. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Slow yer Roll said:

How about:

Flashes of brilliance, leading to over confident malaise, culminated with an excruciating bullet hole in our foot?

Or pent up frustrations  come flooding out and  they go all Ralphie on NW.

Hammond IN about an hour from NW.  Bishop Knoll in Hammond produced a Husker... therfore I back your prediction 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

NW will be playing some really soft prevent D...trying to make NU dink and dunk and mess up.  

I am betting there will not be many possessions and not many snaps. 

Kind of like how we exactly played against OU?!?  LOL we chewed up the clock so much, OU only had 8 drives all game (including one possession with :50 seconds left in 1st half, at their own 10 yard line).  Their last drive was just chewing the clock down toward the end of the game.  So, 6 actual drives out of 8.  If you don't get the ball much, it is tough to produce points.  It worked for us "Big Ten style" against them (in a way)..... and I can envision NW trying to do the same.

1 minute ago, admo said:

Kind of like how we exactly played against OU?!?  LOL we chewed up the clock so much, OU only had 8 drives all game (including one possession with :50 seconds left in 1st half, at their own 10 yard line).  Their last drive was just chewing the clock down toward the end of the game.  So, 6 actual drives out of 8.  If you don't get the ball much, it is tough to produce points.  It worked for us "Big Ten style" against them (in a way)..... and I can envision NW trying to do the same.

So, I was at that game...but hammered so I really don't remember but yes...like that!

It won't be shocking if they end up with 55-60 snaps in this game.

34-13, 31-17 HUSKERS is my guess. Something like that.

Multiple level throws. A fair amount of quicker release pass plays. Dig routes and drive routes off digs. Two receivers lined up together. I think Thompson has a good game. Is accurate, makes good decisions. It'd be great if we could have another QB or two able to play some with a decent lead. More downhill rushing in between the tackles than we've seen for awhile. Primarily Grant. R. Johnson, Yant. Maybe a little Irvin.  Improved red zone play. Two backs in the backfield and the TE's utilized quite a bit. Respectable special teams play. Solid kicking. Some decent returns. O-line has work to do yet. Physicality, less sophistication and more of a nasty attitude about it. The secondary is coming around. Still work to do there too. Morton and Singleton seem promising. Might be a bit of slower start offensively until rhythm is developed.  Sounds like we want to go up tempo. Perhaps Whipple has some fun spicing things up given the opportunity. Northwestern will want to make rushing their bread and butter for sure. They'll attempt to exploit our secondary and hopefully we adjust well there limiting their success making them more one dimensional running the ball. 

Let's GO for the WIN!

• Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

So, I was at that game...but hammered so I really don't remember but yes...like that!

It won't be shocking if they end up with 55-60 snaps in this game.

I think most fans wished they were hammered (unless you enjoy it when your team waits until 2 seconds on the play clock to hike it..... "a la Minnesota")

I can see NW trying to do that early on, until we start separating from them on the scoreboard.

5 minutes ago, admo said:

I think most fans wished they were hammered (unless you enjoy it when your team waits until 2 seconds on the play clock to hike it..... "a la Minnesota")

I can see NW trying to do that early on, until we start separating from them on the scoreboard.

Yep!  This is why if NW gets the ball first and goes 3 and out...it will be bad for them.

If NU gets it first and scores...the game is over.

The Skers can't kickoff and let NW have some lameass 8 minute drive.

• Plus1 3