Who should our next HC be?

11 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

Not sure I’m following you here. We’ve averaged 24th ranked recruiting class over the last 4 years, Rutgers averaged 49th. We should have the talent to not look like one of the two not good teams you saw. I think Mickey is doing the best he can as it’s not as simple as that, but I don’t think he’s the long term answer for a head coach at the level we want to be at. I like him and hope the next guy figures out a way to keep him. But I’m just not seeing it in his first 3 games so far.

24th is definitely not going to cut it. I have always said Nebraska has to be minimum top 15 in recruiting. With the B1G becoming a national conference we need to be a national destination. We need a homerun hire to compete with teams like USC, OSU, and Michigan.  If we can’t get a hire like this I roll with Mickey. No, I didn’t like that Rutgers was an epic struggle for us and we have a lot to develop but I don’t expect Mickey to turn the team around overnight but he has the right mindset for the path forward.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, BoNeyard said:

Regardless, Joseph needs to be around this program moving forward.

I agree all day with this. USC kept Donte Williams after he was their interim coach. He kept it together and then USC  made their home run hire and realized Williams was needed. This would be a good outcome for us to hire big and keep Mickey. If we hire a dud and then Mickey leaves that would suck,  We absolutely cannot screw this up.

• Plus1 2
44 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

24th is definitely not going to cut it. I have always said Nebraska has to be minimum top 15 in recruiting. With the B1G becoming a national conference we need to be a national destination. We need a homerun hire to compete with teams like USC, OSU, and Michigan.  If we can’t get a hire like this I roll with Mickey. No, I didn’t like that Rutgers was an epic struggle for us and we have a lot to develop but I don’t expect Mickey to turn the team around overnight but he has the right mindset for the path forward.

Agree 100% but the list of coaches that get us consistent top 15 recruiting classes is VERY short. As in, 2 people long short.

1 hour ago, chamrocck said:

I’ve been saying this for years. People are quick to point out that we’ve had multiple Top 25 classes in recent years but Top 25 sucks. We need Top 15 classes full of primarily 4* talent with a few high 3*. That’s why it’s so important to have someone who can recruit and/or who kids will want to come to Lincoln to play for. 

• TBH 2

8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I’ve been saying this for years. People are quick to point out that we’ve had multiple Top 25 classes in recent years but Top 25 sucks. We need Top 15 classes full of primarily 4* talent with a few high 3*. That’s why it’s so important to have someone who can recruit and/or who kids will want to come to Lincoln to play for. 

This the way. We need to bring them to Lincoln. If we recruit to rebuild the lines and make this a destination for NFL caliber defenders I think we can get enough skill guys to do really well. Win the LOS and play lights out defense will win a lot of games and consistently win the west.

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Unfortunately I personally think MJ is gone if he doesn’t get the HC gig… and with him go all his guys. 

All depends who the new guy is. If it’s the home run most of us want, MJ may want to stay with him, learn,  be part of building something great for your alma mater, etc. I mean, he’s already using quotes from Deion to help motivate the team.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Kids will come for Mickey Joseph just ask TP or DC why they choose Nebraska.