Who should our next HC be?

Rhule is a great option I'd be more than happy with. Guy is hyper-organized and the definition of a grinder. If he'd had a QB in the NFL it probably would have worked out for him. 

I see Auburn making a push for him as well. A lot of parallels operationally and personality-wise to Bruce Pearl.

13 hours ago, TheSker said:

Sorry to butt in to a conversation I apparently wasn't involved in....but apparently there isn't a good answer to your question except if we lose Mickey Joseph and his recruiting prowesss we might as well recommend to Ronnie Greene that the football program be dropped 

Wait. Now we're arguing that Mickey Joseph is the ONLY person who can save the entire football program?

• Plus1 1

13 hours ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

Asked and answered. There are 2 names on the list. But, alas, we’ve been informed by people who don’t want them, that neither is ever happening because apparently they all know something nobody else knows.

The people who don't think Urban Meyer or Deion Sanders will be Nebraska's next head coach make up the majority of well-informed people. 

It's not like these people hold a secret, or don't want them. It's that given the existing options and variables most college football folk just don't see it happening. 

Don't  take it personally. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The people who don't think Urban Meyer or Deion Sanders will be Nebraska's next head coach make up the majority of well-informed people. 

It's not like these people hold a secret, or don't want them. It's that given the existing options and variables most college football folk just don't see it happening. 

I mean, no one thought trump would of ever been president and yet he was.  Sooooooooo

jimmy kimmel live burn GIF by Obama

• Haha 1

Interesting comment here, especially as it pertains to my previous post.

I have a friend who is a high school AD/football coach in Texas.  We were visiting this summer and somehow got on the subject of Jaylen Lloyd, the Westside kid who broke the 40+ year old Nebraska high school triple jump record this summer.  I mentioned that I wasn't sure if he was really a football prospect but had gotten an offer from Texas Tech.  My friend laughed and told me how McGuire's theory is to find the best athletes possible and turn them loose on the football field.  

So now I'm curious if this is Rhule's MO or just McGuire's.  McGuire came up from Texas high school ball when Rhule was hired at Baylor in 2017.  He stayed on with Aranda for two years before getting the head job at Texas Tech this year.

So it is a valid question to ask how much McGuire has played in to Baylor's success the last few years.  Both in how they recruit but also having a ton of contacts at Texas high schools.

Matt Rhule hired Joey out of a high school, and Joey's now the head coach of a P5 football program. It's probably too soon to tell how he is as a coach, but he's a hell of a recruiter. 

Is it a bad thing that Rhule (from NYC/PA) found success recruiting in texas because he hired the right guys? That's a huge pro in my opinion.

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Definitely not taking it personally and I don’t have a problem with the “I don’t see it happening for various reasons” takes. Hell, I don’t really see it happening. It’s the “not happening so stop discussing them” takes that are ridiculous.

Stating opinion as if it is fact is pretty rampant on this board. It’s just a crutch to make people feel like they have more credibility, when they don’t know any more than the rest of us.