Who should our next HC be?

5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I have yet to see this answered by people who say “Coach X or Coach Y aren’t good enough for Nebraska”. What are those people’s expectations in terms of wins-losses and achievements which would make a coach “successful” in their eyes?

They expect Urban Meyer. Although recently they’ve allowed Chris Petersen to be discussed…so progress indeed. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I must have missed the part about "a couple weeks". Heck, Mickey Joseph hit the ground running when he was hired and did damn well.

And who’s to say that a guy like Leipold won’t hire a staff who would be strong recruiters? We have heard that Trev is gonna roll out big bucks for the assistant coaches. 

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The 500 mile and in-state talent is where NU needs to hit in recruiting and development. For whatever reason, this has been a complete whiff for nearly a decade. 

While this is important we need to be thinking much bigger. It’s been a whiff because we have not been a good football team. I want guys like Mickey on staff to pull guys from the south or we need a TX ace. Recruiting border states is not going to cut it.

5 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

While this is important we need to be thinking much bigger. It’s been a whiff because we have not been a good football team. I want guys like Mickey on staff to pull guys from the south or we need a TX ace. Recruiting border states is not going to cut it.

You can recruit and develop plenty of interior guys (especially o-linemen) from the neighboring states. I do agree special guys at DT and DE tend to come from the south but they also tend to stay and play in that area. NU did great by recruiting and developing guys like Wistrom, Rucker, Kelsay brothers, Steve Warren, and Vanden Bosch all in neighboring states. Shoot, I forgot maybe the best one of them all and our current AD. 

• Fire 1