Who should our next HC be?

1 minute ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Your wrong.  If you not followed this board too much,  it's all we have in Nebraska!

You have the board or football? So your saying that Nebraska fans will keep being fans no matter what happens. Thats such crap. We care even when we shouldn't and still support the University with our money. Im saying whoever the next hire he has to win bc if you don't then there isn't going to be football to look forward too.  Yes football will be played but the University quite possible didn't look for or hire the right coach to come here.

9 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

If we hire a coach that does not want be here, then we will be back here in 2 to 3 years.

This is kind of why I don't fully get the infatuation with Rhule.  Best case scenario he has a decent season in 3 or 4 years time and he's off to his next opportunity.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Huskerfollower4life said:

You have the board or football? So your saying that Nebraska fans will keep being fans no matter what happens. Thats such crap. We care even when we shouldn't and still support the University with our money. Im saying whoever the next hire he has to win bc if you don't then there isn't going to be football to look forward too.  Yes football will be played but the University quite possible didn't look for or hire the right coach to come here.

I agree to disagree.  Too much old money & a reason to party on Saturdays, no matter the age.

Just now, The Dude said:

This is kind of why I don't fully get the infatuation with Rhule.  Best case scenario he has a decent season in 3 or 4 years time and he's off to his next opportunity.

There is flaws with a lot of these candidates. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

If our coach does so well that he leaves for another opportunity in 3 or 4 years, I would still take that.  If that were to happen, that would make NU a more attractive situation.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

3 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I agree to disagree.  Too much old money & a reason to party on Saturdays, no matter the age.

There is flaws with a lot of these candidates. 

If Nebraska is losing and your still partying then I guess each their own. Think your going to be partying by yourself while others get drunk at home and change the channel.

Just now, The Dude said:

Worst case scenario we learn why he's a sub-.500 coach.

Best case scenario we learn why he is so highly thought of as a coach.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Worst case scenario we learn why he's a sub-.500 coach.

Do you think it's fair to count the initial 1-2 years at a school in a rebuilding effort as years 3-4 after he's accomplished the turnaround?  I do think it would be better if he had the years 5-6 to see how long he keeps that program going, but that doesn't happen often.