Georgia Southern Week Pressers

Mavric

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Yet another position that we claim to have depth at yet seemingly refuse to rotate. We are so young across the board that I’m sure they’re wanting to get certain guys more reps but it’s also a bummer when you can’t put a team like ND away earlier to rest some of your starters and get some of the second and third sting more game reps. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Farms said:

Yet another position that we claim to have depth at yet refuse to rotate. We are so young across the board that I’m sure they’re wanting to get certain guys more reps but it’s also a bummer when you can’t put a team like ND away earlier to rest some of your starters and get some of the second and third sting more game reps. 

I think this is a rebuilding year. We’ll get ‘em in ‘27.

• Plus1 2
13 minutes ago, The Whale said:

I think this is a rebuilding year. We’ll get ‘em in ‘27.

Yes then when we go 6-6 we can say but look how young we are just think what these guys will do next year! That only works when players develop and improve which we have seemed to struggle with. The funny thing is to me this is a rebuilding year. Frost completely overhauled his staff and rebuilt his roster with a bunch of transfers except we’re telling him he has to win right now. It’s a rediculously tough task when you think about it. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Farms said:

Yes then when we go 6-6 we can say but look how young we are just think what these guys will do next year! That only works when players develop and improve which we have seemed to struggle with. The funny thing is to me this is a rebuilding year. Frost completely overhauled his staff and rebuilt his roster with a bunch of transfers except we’re telling him he has to win right now. It’s a rediculously tough task when you think about it. 

Agreed.

HCSF likely only needs another 3-4 more seasons to get us to a season with a .500 record or better.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

20 minutes ago, lo country said:

I don't recall teams rotating more than DL.  Other than different packages.  But I could be wrong.  

I don't have any specifics because I don't follow anyone else closely enough.

But both Ruud and Fisher spoke specifically about wanting to rotate more guys (at least at Safety in Fisher's case).  I realize that's easier said than done.

I don't necessarily have an issue with not rotating.  But I also don't think it would be a terrible idea to get at lase the #3 guy a series or two in each half to get some experience and give the other guys a break.