Interim Head Coach Mickey Joseph

Dansker

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

You're gonna have to explain this bizarre leap in logic.

What's bizarre about it? I said "an experienced CEO coach who's actually proved to be successful at running a program" which Deion is. It was in the context of as compared to Mickey, which Deion is. You then said Deion is ruled out from that statement because he doesn't have enough experience. I'm just trying to clarify if we're still talking about the context of in comparison to Mickey? Or you just think neither is experienced enough based on your subjective definition of "experienced"?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

What's bizarre about it? I said "an experienced CEO coach who's actually proved to be successful at running a program" which Deion is. It was in the context of as compared to Mickey, which Deion is. You then said Deion is ruled out from that statement because he doesn't have enough experience. I'm just trying to clarify if we're still talking about the context of in comparison to Mickey? Or you just think neither is experienced enough based on your subjective definition of "experienced"?

You're mistaken.

You said the next head coach needs to be "experienced." You've been pimping Deion since you joined the board. I'm simply, rightly, pointing out that by your criteria, your proffered candidate is not qualified. 

I'm not sure why you're bringing Mickey into this conversation. Mickey's experience, or lack thereof, doesn't qualify Deion by your standard. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
11 hours ago, M.A. said:

I want to also add that Mickey Joseph is someone I’d have confidence in that can “figure it out” meaning, that he won’t have convinced himself that he has all the answers but instead employs a process of discovery. He looks for answers curious and determined and tests himself without making assumptions. That’s an admirable quality. You want someone you trust working on your behalf that can figure out whatever their confronted having the desire and intelligence and curiosity to do it. That accounts for a lot. 

This seemed to be a major flaw with Frost. I think he thought he had all the answers. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

You're mistaken.

You said the next head coach needs to be "experienced." You've been pimping Deion since you joined the board. I'm simply, rightly, pointing out that by your criteria, your proffered candidate is not qualified. 

I'm not sure why you're bringing Mickey into this conversation. Mickey's experience, or lack thereof, doesn't qualify Deion by your standard. 

First of all, my post was in response to a post about Mickey in the Mickey thread. I didn't bring Mickey into this conversation, he was already in it. Second, my post specifically mentioned 4 other candidates and alluded to 3 others, and you honed in on Deion. Third, by my definition, and just about everyone else's in the country outside of here, Deion is considerably more experienced than Mickey. There's a reason he's in the top 3-5 names mentioned for every P5 opening and Mickey is not even part of the conversation.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

This seemed to be a major flaw with Frost. I think he thought he had all the answers. 

That’s oftentimes the downfall of highly intelligent persons. If the “glass” is already filled, where is there space to occupy more?

The answers to being successful are in having a larger cup so to speak.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
12 hours ago, Enhance said:

I won't begrudge your opinion, but booster and administrative folks aren't as myopic as we may think. A lot of them are quite intelligent and looking at the same stuff we are, so I don't really buy the "they lean towards former Husker players as coaches" narrative. I also don't believe MJ's perceived leverage or influence will matter that much if he goes 2-7 down the stretch.

I never indicated any booster or administrator lacked intelligence.

4 hours ago, TheSker said:

I never indicated any booster or administrator lacked intelligence.

Unless I misunderstood your post, you said that boosters and administrative folks "will still lean" towards hiring former Husker players as coaches, specifically in reference to MJ. If this was true from a booster and administrative perspective, I would proffer that line of thinking as unintelligent and misguided, particularly after the Frost experiment.

Just now, Red Five said:

Mickey's representation has been in contact with HuskerOnline making sure they float his name for the ASU opening to get him more cash.

I guess it's still true if Mickey's agent called the front desk at the search firm and sent a screenshot to Sean Callahan

But yeah I tend to agree it's posturing and not legitimate, although he'd be a great fit there.

19 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Unless I misunderstood your post, you said that boosters and administrative folks "will still lean" towards hiring former Husker players as coaches, specifically in reference to MJ. If this was true from a booster and administrative perspective, I would proffer that line of thinking as unintelligent and misguided, particularly after the Frost experiment.

You and I proffer differently.

In fact, if what you proffer is the booster and administration line of thinking, Joseph should be informed today that because he is a former player....and because Frost failed....he is not really even a viable candidate.

9 minutes ago, TheSker said:

You and I proffer differently.

In fact, if what you proffer is the booster and administration line of thinking, Joseph should be informed today that because he is a former player....and because Frost failed....he is not really even a viable candidate.

You're going to have to explain that leap of logic.

My line of thinking is that boosters and administrators would support the best guy for the job across several relevant KPI's, and not just "leaning" towards coaches (like MJ) that happened to be former players, which is what your post indicated.