Interim Head Coach Mickey Joseph

Dansker

22 minutes ago, Enhance said:

You're going to have to explain that leap of logic.

My line of thinking is that boosters and administrators would support the best guy for the job across several relevant KPI's, and not just "leaning" towards coaches (like MJ) that happened to be former players, which is what your post indicated.

Gotcha.

I was responding specifically about Joseph to another poster, but I can see how it could get more broadly interpreted.

We'll know soon enough.

But yes, I believe Joseph has a thing or two in his favor.

13 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Gotcha.

I was responding specifically about Joseph to another poster, but I can see how it could get more broadly interpreted.

We'll know soon enough.

But yes, I believe Joseph has a thing or two in his favor.

You believe MJ is being considered for the full-time HC position? After the IL game? Not a chance.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, TonkaSker said:

I guess it's still true if Mickey's agent called the front desk at the search firm and sent a screenshot to Sean Callahan

But yeah I tend to agree it's posturing and not legitimate, although he'd be a great fit there.

He would be an incredible fit there, could you imagine the recruits he’d pull?

• TBH 1

8 hours ago, Toe said:

Hahaha...

HuskerOnline has confirmed that there has been contact between Joseph’s representation (Atlanta-based law firm Kilpatrick Townsend) and an entity directly tied to ASU’s coaching search.

Joseph’s representation:  "Hey, how about Mickey Joseph?"

Entity tied to ASU’s coaching search:  "Who?"

Joseph’s representation:  "You know, Nebraska's interim."

Entity tied to ASU’s coaching search:  "Never heard of him."

Joseph’s representation:  "Well, he's pretty good."

Entity tied to ASU’s coaching search:  "Really, then why doesn't Nebraska want him?"

Joseph’s representation:  "Well, I mean...some of the fans on the internet do want him."

Entity tied to ASU’s coaching search:  "We'll pass, thanks."

Joseph’s representation:  "But, he..."

Entity tied to ASU’s coaching search:  "CLICK"

Joseph’s representation:  "Hello? Hello?"

1 hour ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

Hahaha...

Joseph’s representation:  "Hey, how about Mickey Joseph?"

Entity tied to ASU’s coaching search:  "Who?"

Joseph’s representation:  "You know, Nebraska's interim."

Entity tied to ASU’s coaching search:  "Never heard of him."

Joseph’s representation:  "Well, he's pretty good."

Entity tied to ASU’s coaching search:  "Really, then why doesn't Nebraska want him?"

Joseph’s representation:  "Well, I mean...some of the fans on the internet do want him."

Entity tied to ASU’s coaching search:  "We'll pass, thanks."

Joseph’s representation:  "But, he..."

Entity tied to ASU’s coaching search:  "CLICK"

Joseph’s representation:  "Hello? Hello?"

Man you ppl are unreal. Could it be postering by MJ reps sure but if he lands at ASU and we didn’t even try to get him that’s a terrible look here plus the s#!t show we have now will continue. Whether you want to believe it or not MJ is a well know coach in the industry more ppl know about him then you think. That fact that they reported this makes me nervous that he we be here next here in any capacity. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

If we can't get Kiffin then I would be perfectly happy with MJ as our HC.  The guy has a lot of connections in the coaching circle, and I honestly think he could assemble a pretty good staff here.  My favorite possible coach would be Tommy Moffitt and he himself would change the complete dynamics of this team.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

Mickey's resume is pretty thin. But not that thin. There's a lot to recommend him to a university already burned by more experienced and expensive coaching failures. 

I would remain optimistic about what Mickey would do with a new staff and full recruiting cycle here at Nebraska. But I always push back when Husker fans start wringing their hands that there are only two or three people on Earth who can rescue Nebraska football. 

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1