*** Official Illinois Game Thread ***

Mavric

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Do people really expect Mickey Joseph to fix this team in four games after five years of Scott Frost's f#&%ups?

There is no coach on the planet that would have fixed this team in four games. 

I think there are some unfair comments claiming ‘this proves he’s not head coaching material’. That’s a bad take. I also think most of us knew he wasn’t going to turn this thing around completely this year. However, fwiw, I don’t really see ANY difference in how this team plays since MJ took over. And it’s fair to criticize him for that. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
Just now, Packerhuskerfan said:

Probably not, but we need a big reset.  I don't have confidence in Mickey to clear everyone out and get top line assistants.

Sure. And Mickey, with zero head coaching experience, was never a candidate for the job. You don't hire an unproven guy to fix this team. That means no Mickey, no Deion. 

• Plus1 2

Illinois look like their confidence is sky high and our team looks like they already lost this game and settled for a losing record this season. Can you imagine what Michigan will do to us? I was hoping for something positive going into that game so these players believe. Instead they get outcoached at home by a not so good team.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That’s why the whole thing needs to be blown up. Complete rebuild and start over. 

Just said the same thing.  Watching our guys is like trying to clean the skunk off you dog.  It's going to have to simply go away.  They have got multiple years of sh!tty coach from Fraud.  That's not getting coached out in a year or two.  not to mention we are now going to have missed an additional 72-90 post season practices....Fraud killed this program

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

2 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I think there are some unfair comments claiming ‘this proves he’s not head coaching material’. That’s a bad take. I also think most of us knew he wasn’t going to turn this thing around completely this year. However, fwiw, I don’t really see ANY difference in how this team plays since MJ took over. And it’s fair to criticize him for that. 

There isn't much difference. I think we have at least one more win under Joseph than we would have under Frost, but that amounts to little. 

It's the bizarre criticisms against Mickey that slay me. He's doing fine considering our talent level, level of training, and his time on the job.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1