Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

49 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

That’s what’s logical to you and your perspective. Let’s take rap for an example my older brother thinks LL is the greatest of all time. IMO the music landscape had changed so to me I don’t understand his presence in a room other than how people react to him. So do I have the same reverence for him or do I understand what he has meant for other people? Yes I understand the rivalry but 2001 was the only real time experience where I felt anything near a real rivalry other than that I didn’t go through the battles I didn’t see there best days so it really doesn’t register. The “energy” you are missing is my experience is different than yours just I understand what it is doesn’t mean I have to adopt your feelings 

I Concur Do You Concur GIFs | Tenor

• Plus1 1

On 1/24/2023 at 2:52 PM, huskerfan702 said:

That’s what’s logical to you and your perspective. Let’s take rap for an example my older brother thinks LL is the greatest of all time. IMO the music landscape had changed so to me I don’t understand his presence in a room other than how people react to him. So do I have the same reverence for him or do I understand what he has meant for other people? Yes I understand the rivalry but 2001 was the only real time experience where I felt anything near a real rivalry other than that I didn’t go through the battles I didn’t see there best days so it really doesn’t register. The “energy” you are missing is my experience is different than yours just I understand what it is doesn’t mean I have to adopt your feelings 

But, there's no reason to dismiss it and call someone small minded because they lived it, know the experience and why fans like me really don't like CU.  Deion and his fans, at this point, are nothing but annoying.  He hasn't done anything to warrant the worshiping some people have.  They talk about how awesomely great he's done since he's been there.....when it's shown that he hasn't done anything better than other coaches that were hired around the same time.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

6 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Holy

Dude 

Lol. Man, you must not have been around in the late 80s early 90s. Much much worse things were said about that situation.

I did not know this until today but her and Sal’s son, coach Macs grandchild, went on to play at LSU and is coaching in the NFL.

• Oh Yeah! 1
41 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Lol. Man, you must not have been around in the late 80s early 90s. Much much worse things were said about that situation.

I did not know this until today but her and Sal’s son, coach Macs grandchild, went on to play at LSU and is coaching in the NFL.

The rivalry between CU and NU in the late 90s through the mid 90s was one built on hatred.  Of course, Bill McCartney started that "hatred" but NU fans returned that hatred pretty well.  I hated CU.

While we are at it, the thought that the NU-OU rivalry wasn't a rivalry built on hatred was bunk.  Growing up in the 1980s, I HATED OKLAHOMA, and I know my dad hated them too.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
37 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The rivalry between CU and NU in the late 90s through the mid 90s was one built on hatred.  Of course, Bill McCartney started that "hatred" but NU fans returned that hatred pretty well.  I hated CU.

While we are at it, the thought that the NU-OU rivalry wasn't a rivalry built on hatred was bunk.  Growing up in the 1980s, I HATED OKLAHOMA, and I know my dad hated them too.

Yep, the CU rivalry was pure hatred….still is for me. Living in CO since 86 hasn’t helped my feelings any.

And you’re right, OU was based on a hatred of Switzer and the Sooner magic that was constantly biting us in the butt. I do think that since the Switzer days it has morphed more into a sort of mutual respect situation. But in the 70s and 80s there wasn’t much respect for OU.

Hide your wives and daughters, Barry’s comin’ to town :lol:

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

In the late 80s, when I was in college, there was still a difference. OU would come to town and we would hate them during the game.  But, we had fun with the fans in the bar after. 

CU would come and we would just hate them always. 

I think what helped it was that TO respected and was friends with Barry. 

• TBH 1