Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

I enjoy watching Colorado struggle as much as the next guy, but I'm surprised they got high school QBs committed in the first place. That will be a portal-filled position as long as Deion is there. I'm sure they want to develop a guy or two as the backup, but commits know they are bringing in an experienced QB every time the starter leaves. Why go there when they will be actively calling every starting QB in the portal (and many not in the portal)  each year? It may still work at Colorado, but it will not be a place where paying your dues over time is rewarded. 

They'd take an elite HS QB if they could and were sure he could start, but their HS QB recruiting is most likely going to be along the lines of their 2023 signee - low-mid 3 star you hope can be passable when your starter goes down. They won't do much this year, and then when Shedeur is gone (if Deion stays) they'll recruit every transfer QB they can.

1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

I enjoy watching Colorado struggle as much as the next guy, but I'm surprised they got high school QBs committed in the first place. That will be a portal-filled position as long as Deion is there. I'm sure they want to develop a guy or two as the backup, but commits know they are bringing in an experienced QB every time the starter leaves. Why go there when they will be actively calling every starting QB in the portal (and many not in the portal)  each year? It may still work at Colorado, but it will not be a place where paying your dues over time is rewarded. 

They'd take an elite HS QB if they could and were sure he could start, but their HS QB recruiting is most likely going to be along the lines of their 2023 signee - low-mid 3 star you hope can be passable when your starter goes down. They won't do much this year, and then when Shedeur is gone (if Deion stays) they'll recruit every transfer QB they can.

And...I suspect Deon isn't going to be there long enough for them to develop and play for him.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1