Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It is crazy to think how that industry has changed.

SI

Sporting News

The National (I think that was the name of that baseball newspaper)

Inside Sports

Gone, for the most part.

Don't forget ESPN had a magazine too

• Plus1 1
18 hours ago, teachercd said:

It is crazy to think how that industry has changed.

SI

Sporting News

The National (I think that was the name of that baseball newspaper)

Inside Sports

Gone, for the most part.

Print is going away pretty much everywhere, but people still need to write stories.

As far as good reporting and entertaining reading goes, I'm happy with my low-cost online subscription to The Athletic. 

23 hours ago, teachercd said:

I mean, for the CU fans posting here, are you dense or just lying?

The reason that some of the CU staff "was demoted" has to do with the fact that they were trying to HELP CU win more games but it was not in line with what Prime wanted to do.  Which is fine it is his program.  

None of them were demoted because THEY were bad coaches.  Tim Brewster taking that job probably says more about the fact that he wants to coach there and/or is friends with dudes on that staff and not so much about his options.  

Sean Lewis went from OC to demoted to a nice brand new fat HC gig at a decent school.

I'm not sure how Harvey Perleman and Shawn Eichorst undermined Deion Sanders this season, but that has to be part of it. 

• Plus1 1

On 11/12/2022 at 1:22 AM, Huskerfollower4life said:

Wow do you hear yourself. Deion has been scrutinized his whole life so what makes you think he couldn't handle the pressure of coaching here? When you go through what he has been through and still want to coach and teach life lessons to young men to grow up and be leaders and mature men I commend him for that. He knows what it takes to win bc that's all he has ever been an All-American football player, and MLB baseball player and NFL pro bowl player and then on top of that Hall of Fame football player. So all he needs is for people to keep doubting him and his abilities and he will keep doing what he does best which is being a winner.

The front end of this thread is a gold mine now.

• Oh Yeah! 4
  • TBH 1

Her are some cliff notes from another site.

Interview highlights / bullet points:

1. Deion no-showed his first 3 weekly team meetings. Had entire team in meeting auditorium & they just sat there for 1 hr each time. Then an assistant coach came in at the end and said "yeah, he's uh not coming, you guys can go"
  2. Assistant coaches were afraid to cover during the no-show meetings for fear of "disrespecting" Deion
  3. Deion would not acknowledge holdover players even if you were w him 1-on-1 in an elevator. He would not look up from his cell phone even when addressed directly by the player. But Deion would hug, high 5 and dap up players he recruited like they were family
  4. When they cut 50 holdover players, Deion and staff purposefully avoided telling all 50 players that the school would still honor their academic financial aid. So everyone rushed to the portal with no place to go. 3 players knew the rules and knew CU had to honor their academic financial aid so they stayed. Other 47 did not so they rushed to the portal w no place to go and many got screwed over.
  5. Deion made it a rule that he would not meet any parents when they visited Boulder and he forbid the position coaches from meeting parents (one kid said this)
  6. Deion had a red carpet outside his 5th floor private office & it had a sign that said no shoes allowed (he's since removed the carpet)
  7. Deion's office had a sign out front that said "were you ASKED to be here?". You were not allowed to visit Deion's office or knock on his door unless you were invited or asked to be there.
  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 2