Your 2023 Nebraska Cornhuskers

14 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So many good messages here.

I really love his pre-game/half time speeches. He is an awesome motivator and culture builder. It is hard to not get excited about where this all seems to be heading. I am sure there will be bumps in the road, but it is clearly the first time in I can’t remember when, that this program finally seems to be building a spine.

• Oh Yeah! 1

I’ve loved watching the team evolve learning the option. No, they aren’t running as well as back in the day.  

This play sticks out to me.  HH was right at keeping it and got a good gain.  But, with Frazier, Frost or Crouch, the RB would have mirrored him better and, if he pitches before he gets hit, this is an easy TD. 

An example of a team that is really good at running it….and what could happen. 

• Plus1 1
On 10/30/2023 at 5:51 PM, BigRedBuster said:

I’ve loved watching the team evolve learning the option. No, they aren’t running as well as back in the day.  

This play sticks out to me.  HH was right at keeping it and got a hood gain.  But, with Frazier, Frost or Crouch, the RB would have mirrored him better and, if he pitches before he gets hit, this is an easy TD. 

An example of a team that is really good at running it….and what could happen. 

They played it better than most.  They played him because in every other game he hasn't pitched it even when he should.  Basically made him pitch the ball

14 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

They played it better than most.  They played him because in every other game he hasn't pitched it even when he should.  Basically made him pitch the ball

I've always said, if a team is going to run the option, to you should hit the QB as hard as possible on every single play.