Jump to content


Arrival/Departure List 2022-23


Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Decked said:

Or maybe— the rumors are straight BS? I can’t think of a reason why you would process a walk-on & Nelson who are key guys when you already have a paper thin DL. They just don’t make any sense when you use logic. 

I would agree.....no coach in the country would want to lose experience on DL.  They are too hard to find.

  • Plus1 2
Link to comment

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I agree.  And it’s all fine and dandy….as long as we have guys that are better ready to fill those positions. If not, next year is going to be ugly.  

Uglier than the last 5 years?

 

As Decked pointed out, it makes little sense that guys like Nelson or Feist were forced out. Guessing they left of their own volition. Not much can be done about that, and I’m not sure anything needs to be done about it, ugly or not. The quicker this roster gets flipped, the quicker we may start seeing better results even if it’s not immediate.

  • Plus1 4
Link to comment
1 minute ago, TheSker said:

This is not in any way shape or form what my post was about.  Fun and enjoyment for me?  You're trying too hard.

I didn’t say it, you did. Not trying hard at all, I was just trying to figure out what you meant by this.

1 hour ago, TheSker said:

The fun thing about flipping the roster is just a few days ago, Rhule said every player on the team is his guy.

 

Maybe he meant when fall camp arrives?......

So, what’s “the fun thing”?

  • Plus1 2
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Uglier than the last 5 years?

 

As Decked pointed out, it makes little sense that guys like Nelson or Feist were forced out. Guessing they left of their own volition. Not much can be done about that, and I’m not sure anything needs to be done about it, ugly or not. The quicker this roster gets flipped, the quicker we may start seeing better results even if it’s not immediate.

If you have very few D linemen and end up having to play way undersized guys that shouldn’t be on the field….yeah.  

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

I didn’t say it, you did. Not trying hard at all, I was just trying to figure out what you meant by this.

So, what’s “the fun thing”?

If you were trying to figure out what I meant you would have asked what I meant.

 

Replace "the fun thing" with "the ironic thing" if it helps......just a few days ago Rhule said all the players are his guys. Alberts might have helped put those words in his mouth for all I know.

 

But important guys are leaving just days after Rhule said it.

 

I hadn't heard the rumors, but I'd agree with Decked they are BS.

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If you have very few D linemen and end up having to play way undersized guys that shouldn’t be on the field….yeah.  

Obviously, but what can be done about it? I think we’ve pretty much determined that some of these guys aren’t being processed out intentionally. Rhule can only work on the bare cupboards and move out dead weight. It just is what it is at this point. It might just be a bit ugly for another year. I’m hopeful it’s not but…..

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
38 minutes ago, Decked said:

Or maybe— the rumors are straight BS? I can’t think of a reason why you would process a walk-on & Nelson who are key guys when you already have a paper thin DL. They just don’t make any sense when you use logic. 

This. 
 

Do we need better players than these two?  Yes. But, until you know you have that, you don’t force these guys out.  
 

We have to process out at least 8-10 players by fall.  If you’re going to force some out, you start with guys that aren’t seeing the field.  Not the guys that started and were your better players…..even if the team wasn’t successful.  

Link to comment

While I appreciate the effort guys like Nelson and feist put forth, I would be lying if I didn't also say that I'd be fine with an entirely new roster next year.

 

The guys who are leaving are part of the worst. Period. Ever. In modern Husker history. 

 

Its not personal,  it's personnel. 

 

Flip it...getting 85 new scholly guys is unrealistic but get as many new faces that aren't part of what was an epic losing culture.

  • Plus1 2
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Obviously, but what can be done about it? I think we’ve pretty much determined that some of these guys aren’t being processed out intentionally. Rhule can only work on the bare cupboards and move out dead weight. It just is what it is at this point. It might just be a bit ugly for another year. I’m hopeful it’s not but…..

Oh, I agree.  There isn’t anything we can do. But, acknowledging that is different than acknowledging we would probably be at least some better next year if they didn’t leave. 
 

They need to do what they want to do.  I understand why each left.  I’m thinking about how we can be better next year and not total crap.  

Link to comment

5 minutes ago, TheSker said:

If you were trying to figure out what I meant you would have asked what I meant.

 

Replace "the fun thing" with "the ironic thing" if it helps......just a few days ago Rhule said all the players are his guys. Alberts might have helped put those words in his mouth for all I know.

 

But important guys are leaving just days after Rhule said it.

 

I hadn't heard the rumors, but I'd agree with Decked they are BS.

Ironic does sound better.

 

I’m guessing what Rhule said was mostly coach speak and applies/will apply to the players who end up on the roster next season. Guessing he knows that there are current guys who will choose to move on or that he’ll nudge out the door. So, yes ironic that he recently said that but not really a fun thing that maybe a guy or two that he may have rather had stay announce their plans to move on.  
 

Either way, I don’t think we’re losing any game changers. If we actually had game changers, we should’ve been seeing better results unless the coaching and lack of development is the whole story.

  • Plus1 2
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Ironic does sound better.

 

I’m guessing what Rhule said was mostly coach speak and applies/will apply to the players who end up on the roster next season. Guessing he knows that there are current guys who will choose to move on or that he’ll nudge out the door. So, yes ironic that he recently said that but not really a fun thing that maybe a guy or two that he may have rather had stay announce their plans to move on.  
 

Either way, I don’t think we’re losing any game changers. If we actually had game changers, we should’ve been seeing better results unless the coaching and lack of development is the whole story.

Are we bringing in game changers?

 

Jeudy can be one.

 

With the coaching change we need to kick a$$ in the portal.  Rhule has a year.  Does he have two?  Three?

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
27 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

All that said…..we very well may already have their replacements.  I’m sure Jeudy will take one spot.  
 

Would Borders take Nelson’s spot?

This is whaymt I think that the coaches believe. They think they've already upgraded.  Which shouldn't be too hard honestly.

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Are we bringing in game changers?

 

Jeudy can be one.

 

With the coaching change we need to kick a$$ in the portal.  Rhule has a year.  Does he have two?  Three?

Hopefully we’re bringing some in. Although I think the much bigger impact will be realized from better roster management and player development moving forward. That’s what we need to change a bunch of players into game changers imo.

 

I will be surprised and disappointed if we don’t see immediate improvements next season.

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
  • THROW_DEM_BONES changed the title to Arrival/Departure List 2022-23

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...