Which bowl game will we go to?

Why is everybody so worried about who we play? Win or lose we aren't going to get any better playing Southwest Missouri State in the Planters Peanut Bowl! It's College football, anything can happen! I would be excited as hell if we played LSU or Bama. I just wish the bowl was in Texas so I could drive instead of flying to Florida around the Holidays!!!

Michigan has to win today in order for 2 BCS bids (still not a lock).......

Look at Arkansas schedule and results....yes, they worry me....but at times, they didn't play well. Played a lot of teams with .500 records or just below or above and just got by on a few. They worry me, but don't scare me.....Georgia may be just as good...I would like South Carolina the most.

I think this pretty much comes down to playing the best team we can play vs. playing a team we probably beat and look good against.

I think if we draw Arky, it gives us a better chance to more fully assess where this team is really at. It also give Bo's team another crack to actually show up to big game. And Arkansas is a good team... They played LSU close for 3 quarters, though most always had the sense they'd lose eventually.

Just call it a chance to say hey to Tevin Mitchell. ;)

OTOH, I wouldn't mind playing South Carolina or Georgia. They're all good teams, and we've played well enough this year to face a good opponent in our last game (suck that Washington). Should be a good time!

I don't care what bowl it is as long as our opponent is not super tough on defense and preferably also has a fairly immobile QB or a pocket passing style. I still am left with the impression that one of the big reasons we were able to beat MSU, PSU, and Iowa is because their offenses were absolutely worthless when we played them. I hate to take anything away from our D but those offenses looked simply terrible and I don't believe most of it was due to our D but rather was due to their ineptitude. Which leaves me feeling like we are going to have to put quite a few points on the board to beat anybody from the top 6 in the SEC. I just pray it isn't LSU or Bama. I don't care how much better the payout might be, we've had our share of national embarrassment for awhile.

It won't be LSU or Bama, they will be in the BCS as long as UGA doesn't upset LSU. The thing is that both of those teams have terrible QB's/offenses. Their defenses are elite as are LSU's SP's. Alabama's SP suck as I think they are vastly overrated and haven't beaten anybody to ddeserve MNC shot against a team that has already beaten them in ttheirwn house.

If we get the Outback or Capitol One Bowl vs an SEC team, it will likely be either UGA, Arky, or USC. I think we match up well with USC since their offense is inept even by crappy SEC standards when it comes to offenses. Thier starting RB is out for the year and they are playing their backup QB is playing due to their starter getting kicked off the team bbecausee was caught with pot for the 4th time. UGA and Arky would take us behind the woodshead.

Did you even watch the LSU game yesterday? I don't suppose we are thinking of the same LSU team that is 13th in the country in PPG, at 38.2, in the SEC none the less.

I know there are a couple of post about the bowl game opponent.

The talk and predictions I have seen has Nebraska playing vs Arkansas in a bowl game

This worries me. I think Arkansas will embaress Nebraska and that makes for a LONG off season

Do we want to play a very good opponent in a top notch bowl game (and likely lose)

Or do we want a lesser opponent and have a good chance of winning , but in a lesser bowl game?

My thoughts about this are mixed.

Bowl game results really determine the general mood of fans in the off season

Think about how Nebraska fans felt after NE destroyed Arizona (33-0) a couple of years ago

Compare that to the lose vs Washington last year, (and the off season mood)

(I realize Arizona did not come to play in that bowl game, and Nebraska did not come to play vs Wa)

I am mainly looking at the mood and attitude of the off season after a bowl game victory or lose.

Your Thoughts?

I want an SEC team to see how we match up. Georgia and Arkansas are more talented than us, but specifically in Georgia's case, Georgia's had a relatively easy SEC schedule. They also have two more games against ranked teams to go, their first battles against a ranked team since Nov. 12, and they hadn't faced a ranked team before that since Sept. 10.

That said, the SEC is still the best conference, so props to those teams for mostly winning the games they should have. They'll be tough challenges but I think they're challenges we can meet. Furthermore, I don't think either of them have overtly mobile quarterbacks, which plays to our favor.

The Arizona/Washington results just show that playing a lesser bowl opponent doesn't guarantee a win and good feelings carrying into the next season.

Play in the best bowl game you can, come prepared to play, and if you get beat by a better team, learn more about your weaknesses and what you need to do to improve. Beating a top 10 SEC team would be a huge confidence boost for next year. Beating a team not in the top 25, not so much, and losing to one would be crushing.

• Fire 1