No Twitter for Husker players?

I am also OK with the twitter ban, the way the world works twitter isn't much different then calling up reporters, a team has enough trouble controling the message w/out trying to deal with what players say. As much as I hate the way BO "controls" the message I understand, it is how any big time organisation works. The only guy with twitter should be the aquarium guy.

I do not think it will be well recieved nor do I think it is the thing to do during the most crucial recruiting time. Bo is in the mold of Woody Hayes, Bo Schembeckler, Bear Bryant. Not going to fly with todays kids. We seem to be losing recruits right and left or at least the opportunity to. Honey catches more bees.

This continous secracy thing with Bo is far overboard it seems to me. Make the hire, and get on with it. We have enough negativity going around right now.

I do not think it will be well recieved nor do I think it is the thing to do during the most crucial recruiting time. Bo is in the mold of Woody Hayes, Bo Schembeckler, Bear Bryant. Not going to fly with todays kids. We seem to be losing recruits right and left or at least the opportunity to. Honey catches more bees.

This continous secracy thing with Bo is far overboard it seems to me. Make the hire, and get on with it. We have enough negativity going around right now.

Very true. Naming our DC now will not effect how USC game plans for us. A big name might actually shore up some recruits, get some to change back or some to commit.

I hate the secrecy crap.

Also address the Twitter rumor. If true, say why. Again, the whole we are the staff doesn't work for me. It would be a much better public relations coup to say why and what the purpose was. Kids just hear no Twitter and in today's age, they freak.

Folks the days of kids wanting to come here because we are Nebraska are long gone. No conference championship for aout 12 yrs, no MNC since 1997. Toput this in perspective, the kids we are currently recruiting were 4 yrs old. That's right 4 yrs old. Not much of a first hand knowledge for these kids to look towards. Just a bunch of stories.

We need to realize that our rep alone won't get the kids anymore.