Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

On 7/18/2018 at 8:30 AM, Enhance said:

My wife and I started streaming Sharp Objects on HBO yesterday and we watched the first two episodes. I've got to say it's not what I expected after watching the trailers but we're really enjoying it. It's about a St. Louis journalist named Camille Preaker (Amy Adams) who is forced by her editor to return to her home town of Wind Gap and cover what may be the second murder of a young girl in less than a year. The narrative weaves its way around Camille's alcoholism/depression (which has yet to be fully explained), her inability to connect with many people emotionally, her distant/chaotic relationship with her family and the murders.

We just finished the final episode this week - highly, highly recommend this to people.

• Plus1 1

Currently watching the new season of Orange is the New Black.  It's pretty good.  I'm getting tired of the sadistic, evil corrections officers though.  There has just been too much of it lately

Started watching Disenchantment.  Matt Groening cartoon for mature audiences.  It's pretty funny.  Fairly dry humor, if you like that.

Last Chance U. I'm not really sure how the HC even got a JUCO job.  

Recently finished G.L.O.W Season 2 and Jessica Jones Season 2.  Both were very good.

4 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Currently watching the new season of Orange is the New Black.  It's pretty good.  I'm getting tired of the sadistic, evil corrections officers though.  There has just been too much of it lately

Started watching Disenchantment.  Matt Groening cartoon for mature audiences.  It's pretty funny.  Fairly dry humor, if you like that.

Last Chance U. I'm not really sure how the HC even got a JUCO job.  

Recently finished G.L.O.W Season 2 and Jessica Jones Season 2.  Both were very good.

So, how is Orange still on?  I watched the first two seasons then I stopped and it seems like it is on season 7 or 8?  I mean, wasn't she supposed to get out prison after like 6 months?  Is the fiance still around?

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

So, how is Orange still on?  I watched the first two seasons then I stopped and it seems like it is on season 7 or 8?  I mean, wasn't she supposed to get out prison after like 6 months?  Is the fiance still around?

Iirc, she got popped for more time by accepting the blame so that she could get her girlfriend out of prison.  And then last season there was a prison riot so now everyone is in Max and got additional time added.  Not all of the characters are on the show as much anymore.  But they started focusing on others while introducing some new ones.  

And by fiance, do you mean the guy or the girl?

57 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Iirc, she got popped for more time by accepting the blame so that she could get her girlfriend out of prison.  And then last season there was a prison riot so now everyone is in Max and got additional time added.  Not all of the characters are on the show as much anymore.  But they started focusing on others while introducing some new ones.  

And by fiance, do you mean the guy or the girl?

I mean the guy...Jim, from American Pie!

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

I thought this was the best season since maybe season two. Ready for it to end, though. Agree about the sadistic corrections officers. They're either all bad guys or blindly look aside when bad things happen. 

I think they're going to do one more season to end the story arc about what happened to Piscatella and that's it.  If not, they can go on without me.

13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I thought this was the best season since maybe season two. Ready for it to end, though. Agree about the sadistic corrections officers. They're either all bad guys or blindly look aside when bad things happen. 

I think they're going to do one more season to end the story arc about what happened to Piscatella and that's it.  If not, they can go on without me.

I agree with this.  In all honesty, I don't know what else there is for them to cover other than the CO's death.

Blasted through S2 of Ozark over the holiday weekend.  I'm not quite sure what to think.  I mean, I enjoyed it obviously but due to the binge watch nature of Netflix shows I feel like you miss some of the slow burn that truly elite shows like The Wire and Breaking Bad have in spades.

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

Blasted through S2 of Ozark over the holiday weekend.  I'm not quite sure what to think.  I mean, I enjoyed it obviously but due to the binge watch nature of Netflix shows I feel like you miss some of the slow burn that truly elite shows like The Wire and Breaking Bad have in spades.

I have that same feeling with Netflix shows.  Like how Hulu does it, with shows like Castle Rock.  Release 3 and then go weekly.   For Netflix shows, we usually try to only watch one episode a night of the shows we watch.