Billy Sianis was asked to leave a Cubs World Series game because his goat (that he brought to the game) smelled. He placed a curse on the Cubs, and now it has over 100 years since the Cubs have won a World Series.

The Red Sox had won five world series prior to 1920 when they sold Babe Ruth. The Red Sox didn’t win another World Series for 86 years after one of Ruth’s bats was purchased by a Red Sox fan and burned.

It has now been 10 years since Frank Solich was fired for letting the team “gravitate into mediocrity”. When Solich was fired in 2003 the Husker’s record was 10 and 3 (0.769). The best record since has been 10 and 4 (0.714). I have a theory that there is a Solich curse. The Huskers will never have a season as good as the 2003 season until the curse is broken. What will it take to break the curse?

The off season is way tooooooooooooo long.

Billy Sianis was asked to leave a Cubs World Series game because his goat (that he brought to the game) smelled. He placed a curse on the Cubs, and now it has over 100 years since the Cubs have won a World Series.

The Red Sox had won five world series prior to 1920 when they sold Babe Ruth. The Red Sox didn’t win another World Series for 86 years after one of Ruth’s bats was purchased by a Red Sox fan and burned.

It has now been 10 years since Frank Solich was fired for letting the team “gravitate into mediocrity”. When Solich was fired in 2003 the Husker’s record was 10 and 3 (0.769). The best record since has been 10 and 4 (0.714). I have a theory that there is a Solich curse. The Huskers will never have a season as good as the 2003 season until the curse is broken. What will it take to break the curse?

cubs.gif

only have to wait until 2015...

• Fire 1

In 2004, the Curse of the Bambino was broken when Manny Ramírez his a foul ball that went into the stands hitting a kid who happened to live in Babe Ruth's old house and knocking out two of his teeth. And the Red Sox won that year.

So, obviously we need to get whichever kid is living in Solich's old house and have Martinez throw errand footballs out of bounds until one hits the kid in the face. Curse broken!

Alternatively, they could also just strength the run defense and improve ball security.

So was there a curse when we went 20+ years between National Championships?

The curse ensures NU will not have a season record better than the 2003 season. Solich was fired because 10-3 was not good enough. The Solich curse ensures NU will never be that good again. NU had many good seasons between National Championships. We keep thinking that improving position coaches, changing QBs, improving LB speed, etc will get NU over the hump, but it will not. NU will only be relevant again when the Solich curse is broken.

The curse ensures NU will not have a season record better than the 2003 season. Solich was fired because 10-3 was not good enough. The Solich curse ensures NU will never be that good again. NU had many good seasons between National Championships. We keep thinking that improving position coaches, changing QBs, improving LB speed, etc will get NU over the hump, but it will not. NU will only be relevant again when the Solich curse is broken.

So does that mean to break the curse we have to win the National Championship? Right now that's a pretty tall order.

I think it had more to do with us having a 10-3 record. I mean look at it at more than just the record. You have to remember, Solich was given a FRANCHISE. He wasn't given a program he had to rebuild. I strongly believe Pederson wanted to fire him after 2002, but gave him one more year to win AT LEAST the division and take us to the CCG.

First year after winning the NCG.

1998- 9-4, No divisional title, no CCG. Lost our bowl game. Incomplete Season.

1999- 12-1. Win our division, win the CCG. Go the the Fiesta Bowl and win. Completed season.

2000- 10-2, No division title, no CCG. Won the Alamo Bowl. Despite the 2 losses, they were critical. Incomplete season.

2001- We win our division, but we lose the Big 12 CCG, in a BLOWOUT. Just like we did against Wisconsin this year. 36-62. We then, somehow found a way to the Rose Bowl, and got spanked by Miami. 14-37. Sure we made it to the NCG, but this season in my eyes was incomplete.

2002- We go 7-7. Not beating one ranked team. Didn't even win our division. No CCG and a crappy bowl. Incomplete season.

2003- 10-3. We beat 1 ranked (Okie St.) team. We then lose to Missouri (1st time ever) 34-41, Texas (the only other ranked opponent on our schedule) 7-31, and unranked K-State 9-38. We didn't win our division, once again, and didn't get to the CCG. No BCS. Incomplete season.

After 6 seasons, we had one complete season, and I guess you could argue '01 being one too if you think getting to the MNC with not winning your CCG, while losing in a blowout fashion is ok. At that time, it wasn't ok. Its still not ok, but its tolerated a little more, because Bo wasn't handed a fully built franchise.

I think it had more to do with us having a 10-3 record. I mean look at it at more than just the record. You have to remember, Solich was given a FRANCHISE. He wasn't given a program he had to rebuild. I strongly believe Pederson wanted to fire him after 2002, but gave him one more year to win AT LEAST the division and take us to the CCG.

First year after winning the NCG.

1998- 9-4, No divisional title, no CCG. Lost our bowl game. Incomplete Season.

1999- 12-1. Win our division, win the CCG. Go the the Fiesta Bowl and win. Completed season.

2000- 10-2, No division title, no CCG. Won the Alamo Bowl. Despite the 2 losses, they were critical. Incomplete season.

2001- We win our division, but we lose the Big 12 CCG, in a BLOWOUT. Just like we did against Wisconsin this year. 36-62. We then, somehow found a way to the Rose Bowl, and got spanked by Miami. 14-37. Sure we made it to the NCG, but this season in my eyes was incomplete.

2002- We go 7-7. Not beating one ranked team. Didn't even win our division. No CCG and a crappy bowl. Incomplete season.

2003- 10-3. We beat 1 ranked (Okie St.) team. We then lose to Missouri (1st time ever) 34-41, Texas (the only other ranked opponent on our schedule) 7-31, and unranked K-State 9-38. We didn't win our division, once again, and didn't get to the CCG. No BCS. Incomplete season.

After 6 seasons, we had one complete season, and I guess you could argue '01 being one too if you think getting to the MNC with not winning your CCG, while losing in a blowout fashion is ok. At that time, it wasn't ok. Its still not ok, but its tolerated a little more, because Bo wasn't handed a fully built franchise.

Did not win division. Did not play in a CCG. Snuk in the NC game through the backdoor on the most ridiculous series of upsets and certain teams winning that I have personally ever witnessed.

Did not win division. Did not play in a CCG. Snuk in the NC game through the backdoor on the most ridiculous series of upsets and certain teams winning that I have personally ever witnessed.

Yeah, it was literrally blind luck that we were even in the game.

It all started the day after the Colorado game. Oklahoma lost to Ok St. in a mind-boggling upset in Norman. Then a week later Colorado beat Texas in the CCG. Texas at the time was the presumed #2 because earlier that day Tennessee upset #2 Florida in a game that was postponed because of a hurricane in september. Tennessee goes to the SEC Championship game as the presumed #2 a week, but is upset by LSU (coming out party for Nick Saban), which was the last piece to fall in place, allowing Nebraska to go to the Rose Bowl, and, if I remember right, we beat out Colorado in that final BCS poll by 0.02 points.

If we can't do better than 10-3 with this year's schedule, you may be onto something.