Savage Husker

***2015 Recruiting***

Started really following recruiting just a few years ago, but keep seeing more stories and updates about 2015 recruiting cycle. I don't recall seeing this much action from an NU staff this early in the process, ever. I think we've seen this staff make considerable strides in recruiting the past two years and I like it. As much as the players are learning the "process," Bo & Co is figuring their end out too. We were behind on the times and often waited too long to enter the picture, IMO, things have changed and it's becoming "Recruit early and recruit often."

Thoughts?

I feel we are understanding early relationships are huge in the recruiting process because prospects are commiting earlier and earlier. I think we are setting ourselves up for a good year in 2015.

I feel we are understanding early relationships are huge in the recruiting process because prospects are commiting earlier and earlier. I think we are setting ourselves up for a good year in 2015.

I think 2015 could possibly turn out to be a top 10 class.

• Upvote 1

With Eric Lee as a possible figurehead for the class, he could definitely attract a lot more talent to follow suit. Plus I think Strong from North is gonna be a good one.

I concur. The ones committing earlier are typically the most sought after and developing relationships with other programs.

It was interesting to read (i dont know direct quote) how NU is putting more resources into recruiting and that there are no days off. I don't see us having 24 non coaching staff related positions, like Bama, but increasing eyes and coverage is needed to keep up.

At least a 10 win season and a bowl game win will give good momentum to cap '14 and kick off '15

Get to a BCS game and I agree.

i think you guys are getting a llittle head of yourself.......

Ya, if we could only see a player rise up like Suh ... why ... that would lead to all kinds of dominate 5* recruits on the defensive side of the ball that would want to come to :bigredn:! :-)

The recruiting process has really sped up in general - its not just a Nebraska thing. It actually probably hurts us more than it helps us, unless they change when official visits can be taken. That would be huge.

The recruiting process has really sped up in general - its not just a Nebraska thing. It actually probably hurts us more than it helps us, unless they change when official visits can be taken. That would be huge.

It seems to me that it would benefit the recruits as much as it would the schools. Most kids don't have the time during their season to make visits. Some high school coaches won't allow them to make in season visits. And having a schedule like we have this year(early kickoff times) makes it even harder to get them on campus.

Change the OV rules. Stupid NCAA.

i think you guys are getting a llittle head of yourself.......

Ya, if we could only see a player rise up like Suh ... why ... that would lead to all kinds of dominate 5* recruits on the defensive side of the ball that would want to come to :bigredn:! :-)

that didn't happen even with Suh

Bump this....you guys need to check out the updates I did to some 2015 threads...look at the big names in the Top247 that have legit interest in us. I know there are others we have offered that are in the top247 but I only did ones I thought had legit interest. Next years class has a chance to be VERY special.

• Upvote 1

Bump this....you guys need to check out the updates I did to some 2015 threads...look at the big names in the Top247 that have legit interest in us. I know there are others we have offered that are in the top247 but I only did ones I thought had legit interest. Next years class has a chance to be VERY special.

2015 will be a fun class to watch get built. And +1 your work.

Clapping.gif

We did a ton of early work on the 2014 class. Unfortunately, Vince Marrow was the one that did a lot of the work for the 2014 Ohio kids. And well, you all know how that went.

We don't need him.

We did a ton of early work on the 2014 class. Unfortunately, Vince Marrow was the one that did a lot of the work for the 2014 Ohio kids. And well, you all know how that went.

We don't need him.

Hopefully the recruiting coordinator will be stable, which should resolve that problem in the future.

We don't need him.

I hope that will our very good 2013 class and a possibly great 2015 class we can continue to build the 2014 class with good players and not pay the price.

Going through and looking at the offers, we have offered a lot of guys in the top 100 and Im pitching a tent over here. For the guys that have subscriptions, do we have legit shot at some of these guys? Is it looking like a possible top 10-15 class? I just want to know Im not getting wood over nothing :lol:

Going through and looking at the offers, we have offered a lot of guys in the top 100 and Im pitching a tent over here. For the guys that have subscriptions, do we have legit shot at some of these guys? Is it looking like a possible top 10-15 class? I just want to know Im not getting wood over nothing :lol:

You can look at 247's crystal ball predictions. I think they have 3 leaning our way.

You can look at 247's crystal ball predictions. I think they have 3 leaning our way.

Three players in the top 100?

Christian Gaylord ***

Chandler Cox ***

Michael Decker N/A

Not sure of their rankings. I'll go look. None are in the top 100

As predictable as the annual posts in late summer or early fall bemoaning the state of recruiting are those annual ones that predict the following year's class should be a great one. ;)

And, FWIW, our coaches do seem to be laying the groundwork for a good class in 2015.

Lee the corner out of Colorado will be a top 200 recruit in the nation by every service and a 4 star across the board he is expected to be N also Calvin strong. How big numbers wise will the 2015 class be approximately? Smaller class right

Lee the corner out of Colorado will be a top 200 recruit in the nation by every service and a 4 star across the board he is expected to be N also Calvin strong. How big numbers wise will the 2015 class be approximately? Smaller class right

Think it was said we would take 19 or 20 in '15 class.

Think it was said we would take 19 or 20 in '15 class.

Ok that's what I thought just verifying

Steve Wiltfong @SWiltfong247 1h

Blue Springs (Mo.) High 2015 DLs Khalil Davis & Carlos Davis want a #Nebraska offer. More from Army Combine: http://t.co/o6EQdDBkVm

The Davis twins report that Nebraska is on contact on a near daily basis and want them to come out to the Junior Day. Reported that Nebraska is in early enough with both and may be the team to beat, if Huskers offer.

Khalil Davis

http://247sports.com/Player/Khalil-Davis-35026

Carlos Davis

http://247sports.com/Player/Carlos-Davis-35027

IMG Academy is pretty prestigeous - or at least well known. He likely got some got coaching there. Looks to be a good one to keep an eye on.

Barney in Hays, KS to visit QB Alex Delton. Beck and Garrison have been by multiple times as well. Delton says he has a strong relationship with all three coaches.

I'd say so far, so good.

You ain't kidding. First time we've had this many, this early - let alone 2 potential top 100-250 recruits. Is Warren the CO connection? Add in spring game and we might have half a class going into the season. Think this is Els finally getting his recruiting plan in motion?

I'd say so far, so good.

You ain't kidding. First time we've had this many, this early - let alone 2 potential top 100-250 recruits. Is Warren the CO connection? Add in spring game and we might have half a class going into the season. Think this is Els finally getting his recruiting plan in motion?

Or is it the added benefit of a new non-coach recruiting coordinator position and more dedication towards the money and resources needed to be successful?

Or is it the added benefit of a new non-coach recruiting coordinator position and more dedication towards the money and resources needed to be successful?

Has that position actually started yet?

I'd say so far, so good.

What do we know about this position(s) and who has filled them and what they have done since being filled and what additional resources and money have been allocated?

I ask this seriously. not argumentatively. I know the position(s) were going to be created and filled but I did not hear when or who has taken the helm.

I'd say so far, so good.

What do we know about this position(s) and who has filled them and what they have done since being filled and what additional resources and money have been allocated?

I ask this seriously. not argumentatively. I know the position(s) were going to be created and filled but I did not hear when or who has taken the helm.

I know that one position has been filled, although I am not sure if they are already active or not.

I also know that our coaches currently have access to four separate private planes simultaneously on the recruiting trail which is a first ever.

• Upvote 1

Pelini needs that 1 top 5-10 class that's eluded him. We've always said top 25 classes with a great one sprinkled in there every 4-5 years is going to be the recipe for NU. Maybe 15' will be it. He's gotta win this year though.

Pelini needs that 1 top 5-10 class that's eluded him. We've always said top 25 classes with a great one sprinkled in there every 4-5 years is going to be the recipe for NU. Maybe 15' will be it. He's gotta win this year though.

Do you mean top 5-10 before the players step on the field or top 5-10 once the players show production?

Do you mean top 5-10 before the players step on the field or top 5-10 once the players show production?

generally speaking the 2 are pretty correlated, so take your pick.

I'd say so far, so good.

I know that one position has been filled, although I am not sure if they are already active or not.

I also know that our coaches currently have access to four separate private planes simultaneously on the recruiting trail which is a first ever.

I also heard this, and I think it directly correlates with our big late haul. Coaches were all over the place every day!