***2018 Recruiting***

6 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I have maintained we are lacking in talent while so many on this board argue we have top talent to rival the elites if our coaches just knew how to coach em up!

Almost no one, maybe even no one, is saying our talent rivals "the elites."

What people say a lot is we have the most talent in our division which is likely true, and more talent than most teams we play.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 3
18 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

Sure hope we start recruiting Kansas much harder again.  KU is way down, Snyder won’t be around much longer and we can’t let Oklahoma be the main school that comes in and poaches much of the top talent.  Not to mention schools like Wisconsin are starting to come into Kansas more (Gilmore). 

Not to mention Held is a recruiting beast when it comes to the Jucos. 

Edited by BartonHusker
7 hours ago, desertshox said:

wouldnt you too, if you just called an entire state racist? nothing like opening your employer up to a lawsuit because a coaching change.

I don't believe it's affiliated at all with the Uni (or at least that is what it says in the profile).  Just some dumb fan that picked an official sounding name.

Edited by NM11046

13 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I have maintained we are lacking in talent while so many on this board argue we have top talent to rival the elites if our coaches just knew how to coach em up!   Now to scan through the new recruiting info, it appears the tune has changed dramatically.  Now we need to run out quick and load up on JUCOs and recruit, recruit, recruit to fill all those glaring deficiencies.   Which is it ?   I am just curious.  Either we have lots of talent or we don't?   Can't be both it seems to me.  

I say, we need another 35 or 40 'ready for prime time players'.   Most on this board argue the contrary.   

Some of it is about getting players that fit the scheme scott wants to run. Maybe we have talent that is under coached or has lazy habits. Maybe they are lacking the speed Frost wants. We may have some great talent but if it doesnt fit what he wants to do what good is it? For example- Tanner Lee has NFL talent- but is he going to run frosts offense? Unlikely. Now you could look at the same thing across the board at other positions. We may have serviceable running backs- but do any of them have elite speed? and so on down the line.

8 hours ago, Mavric said:

Also because we don't have very many WRs right now.

This

Remember on how many WRs we have struck out on in the last few classes?  Or WRs who have left the team?

Alston, Grim, KJJ are not longer on campus (I'll believe KJJ is back when I see it)

Calvin flaking out last year

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

This

Remember on how many WRs we have struck out on in the last few classes?  Or WRs who have left the team?

Alston, Grim, KJJ are not longer on campus (I'll believe KJJ is back when I see it)

Calvin flaking out last year

Without counting anyone in the 18' class we currently only have 3 scholarship WR that aren't SR's next season:

Jaevon McQuitty (rFr)

JD Spielman (So)

Tyjon Lindsey (So)

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Without counting anyone in the 18' class we currently only have 3 scholarship WR that aren't SR's next season:

Jaevon McQuitty (rFr)

JD Spielman (So)

Tyjon Lindsey (So)

And who knows what what may get in Stanley's ear between now and mid-January.

If anything, I think a juco WR is a must.