Huskerboard members game list

I'm going to list a memory about each game. Essentially the first thing I think about when I think of these games.

Sept 18th, 1999 vs Southern Miss (NU 20-13) - Julius Jackson had an INT for a TD

Nov 2nd, 2002 vs Texas (Tex 27-24) - Jammal Lord throws pick in the endzone after a fabulous DeJuan Groce punt return.

Nov 8th, 2008 vs Kansas (NU 45-35) - I was sitting in South Stadium student section. Wind was stiff from the North, it was the coldest I've ever been.

Nov 28th, 2008 vs Colorado (NU 40-31) - Henery 57 yarder. Suh Pick 6.

Nov 21st, 2009 vs Kansas State (NU 17-3) - Got a free club level ticket in West Stadium from a friend. Was only there to tailgate and then was offered the ticket.

Sept 10th, 2011 vs Fresno State (NU 42-29) - Abdullah kick return for TD.

Nov 17th, 2012 vs Minnesota (NU 38-14) - First Husker game with my girlfriend (now wife) and her first ever game.

Sept 14th, 2013 vs UCLA (UCLA 41-21) - Wore Oregon gear (embarrassed my wife), Husker fan dressed as a pirate yelled at me and told me I was at the wrong game. UCLA fans kept yelling at me too when we were walking around.

Oct 5th, 2013 Oregon at Colorado (Oregon 57-16) - First Oregon game. Picture and autograph from Scott Frost. Picture with Josh Huff. Picture with Puddles.

Nov 22, 2014 vs Minnesota (Minn 28-24) - Cold, went with in-laws. They hadn't been to a game since the 80's.

Seriously, no one gives a sh#t about your Oregon games you went to.

Never said Husker games...it just said "Games" in the title
...in the Husker Football forum on Huskerboard.com

Captain obvious here.

Too many games to count for me been going since 1976.

My first game was against TCU and they won something like 60-3.

Saw Phil Bradley, Kellen Winslow, and James Wilder beat NU in 1978.

Saw Turner Gill Come off the bench in 1981 and lead NU to victory over Auburn in a drizzling rain.

Saw Marcus Dupree run for a big chunk of yards in 1982 but lose the game.

Watched Mike Rozier run 75 yards to score a 3 yard TD against UCLA in 1983

Watched Ken Clark duel Barry Sanders to a draw in 1988 I believe

Watched Brook Barringer beat Wyoming with a collapsed lung in 1994

Saw Eric Crouch throw catch and run for a TD against Cal in 1999

Saw Black Flash 41 in 2001

Saw The stadium empty in 2003 against KSU

Watched NU lose to S. Miss in 2004

Watched NU get its ass kicked by USC in 2007

Left the stadium at halftime of the Okie St. game in 2007 and didn't come back. The only time I have ever left a game with more than a minute on the clock.

Watched Alex Henery kick a 57 yarder against CU in 2009

could go on, got to get back to work.

Very cool list

Thanks, I didn't go to as many games in the late 80's was in college in Missouri, and usually only got to one game a year in the early 90's. It seems like there are a lot of young guys that post on this board. That may be why I have a little different perspective than some. It seem like a lot of guys really started watching in the "Glory Years" of the 90's.

I'm going to list a memory about each game. Essentially the first thing I think about when I think of these games.

Sept 18th, 1999 vs Southern Miss (NU 20-13) - Julius Jackson had an INT for a TD

Nov 2nd, 2002 vs Texas (Tex 27-24) - Jammal Lord throws pick in the endzone after a fabulous DeJuan Groce punt return.

Nov 8th, 2008 vs Kansas (NU 45-35) - I was sitting in South Stadium student section. Wind was stiff from the North, it was the coldest I've ever been.

Nov 28th, 2008 vs Colorado (NU 40-31) - Henery 57 yarder. Suh Pick 6.

Nov 21st, 2009 vs Kansas State (NU 17-3) - Got a free club level ticket in West Stadium from a friend. Was only there to tailgate and then was offered the ticket.

Sept 10th, 2011 vs Fresno State (NU 42-29) - Abdullah kick return for TD.

Nov 17th, 2012 vs Minnesota (NU 38-14) - First Husker game with my girlfriend (now wife) and her first ever game.

Sept 14th, 2013 vs UCLA (UCLA 41-21) - Wore Oregon gear (embarrassed my wife), Husker fan dressed as a pirate yelled at me and told me I was at the wrong game. UCLA fans kept yelling at me too when we were walking around.

Oct 5th, 2013 Oregon at Colorado (Oregon 57-16) - First Oregon game. Picture and autograph from Scott Frost. Picture with Josh Huff. Picture with Puddles.

Nov 22, 2014 vs Minnesota (Minn 28-24) - Cold, went with in-laws. They hadn't been to a game since the 80's.

Seriously, no one gives a sh#t about your Oregon games you went to.

I do think it's funny that you took the time to rip me for it. It seriously really bothers you, and I think it's REALLY funny. Thank you. :D
You're damn right it bothers me! I can't stand people that have 2 teams..

Well this is my B10 team, my B12 team is Texas. I like Bama in the SEC and love Stanford in the pac12.

Well. I like the Red Sox and the Yankees, I can barely watch when they duke it out!

I kind of like the Cowboys and the Redskins...

I like Duke and UNC...

You're that guy.

I'm not actually. I feel really sorry for you that it matters that much to you. Sports and fanhood are a great benefit to life but when it takes your happiness away. You got problems. You have even more problems if you get that upset because someone roots for 2 teams. I hope you find peace. Really. I do.

Twins, Lakers, Chargers, Ducks.

I really only talk about NU cuz all my friends and family are NU fans.

I think it is a little odd that you have a clear cut 2 teams that you root for also. I wouldn't say I can't stand it, but I don't really understand it.

I cheer for Nebraska to win, they are the only team really in any sport that I care whether they win or lose. There are other schools that I like to watch and have a passing interest in, but really I don't care if they win or lose. I like to watch BSU and Stanford. BSU because they are close and Stanford I just like the way they play. I will watch Oregon with my youngest son because he thinks he is a Duck fan. But I love college football and will watch almost any game, just because it is on.

I don't watch a ton of NFL have never done fantasy football. Will watch about half of the Sunday night game, because there is usually nothing else on at the time.

I like to watch Duke bball with my other son because he really doesn't even like sports, he is mildly autistic, for some reason he like Duke Basketball and will sit and watch a game, so we watch them.

• 1 year later...

Updated:

I know I went to a couple more home games in my formative years but can't remember which ones for sure.

1988 - @ Colorado (W)

1997 - Akron (W), Central Florida (W), Kansas State (W), Texas Tech (W), Oklahoma (W), Iowa State (W)

1998 - Louisiana Tech (W), UAB (W), Washington (W), Oklahoma State (@ KC, W), Kansas (W), Missouri (W), Texas (L)

1999 - California (W), S Mississippi (W), @ Missouri (W), Oklahoma State (W), Iowa State (W), Texas A&M (W), Kansas State (W)

2000 - San Jose St. (W), Iowa (W), Missouri (W), Baylor (W), Kansas (W)

2001 - TCU (W), Troy (W), Notre Dame (W), Rice (W), @ Missouri (W), Iowa State (W), Texas Tech (W), Oklahoma (W), Kansas State (W)

2003 - @ Kansas (W)

2005 - Texas Tech (L)

2011 - @ Wyoming (W)

2012 - S Mississippi (W), Michigan (W), Penn State (W)

2013 - Wyoming (W), UCLA (L), Michigan State (L)

2014 - F. Atlantic (W), Miami (W), Rutgers (W)

2015 - BYU (L), S Alabama (W), S Mississippi (W), Northwestern (L), Iowa (L)

2016 - Wyoming (W), Oregon (W), Purdue (W), Maryland (W)

49-7 Overall Record

1982 vs Kansas St 42-13 W

1988 @ UCLA 28-41 L

1991 vs Kansas St 38-31 W

1994 vs Pacific 70-21 W

1995 vs Arizona St 77-28 W

1995 vs Missouri 57-0 W

1995 vs Iowa St 73-14 W

1996 vs Michigan St 55-14 W

1997 vs Central Florida 38-24 W

1997 vs Kansas St 56-26 W

1997 vs Iowa St 77-14 W

2001 vs Troy St 42-14 W

2002 vs McNeese St 38-14 W

2003 vs Troy St 30-0 W

2013 @ Minnesota 34-23 L

2015 @ Minnesota 48-25 W

2016 vs Purdue 27-14 W This was my son's first game at Memorial Stadium. He verbally committed to playing for the Huskers on the way home from the game.

Undefeated at home

1-2 away

• Fire 1

Way too many to count and back then not always a happy time.

First game was in the 50's I think 52 and we lost the home opener to Hawaii. Grandpa was not a happy camper to say the least. I remember that like it was yesterday.

I remember us playing Oregon and Minnesota back them.

Seen a lot of games, at home and away. Could not even begin to count them or remember them.

Going to the Oregon Game this year and possibly the Ohio State game if Coach Cook comes thru for me.

First game was at Iowa st in 94. I believe. Then watched them destroy Michigan State at Michigan st in 95. Took about 20 yrs off and then saw them at Northwestern twice and at Purdue. Saw the disaster in the conf. Championship. First home game was against Rutgers and then I think southern Alabama or some other little sisters of the poor program. Last game was at Mich St in 15

Way too many to count and back then not always a happy time.

First game was in the 50's I think 52 and we lost the home opener to Hawaii. Grandpa was not a happy camper to say the least. I remember that like it was yesterday.

I remember us playing Oregon and Minnesota back them.

Seen a lot of games, at home and away. Could not even begin to count them or remember them.

Going to the Oregon Game this year and possibly the Ohio State game if Coach Cook comes thru for me.

Speaking of games in the 50's. My grandfather started going to games in the early to mid 40's. He said games cost $0.25 to get in and it would cost him about $1.00 round trip to ride a train from Pender, NE to Lincoln.

I went to every single home game from 1977-1984. My grandmother ran a concession stand in the South End and my aunt ran one in the North End. It is incredible to think about all the games I watched and all the players that came through program during those years. My last game I seen at Memorial Stadium before I shipped out for Boot Camp was a loss to Oklahoma 1984. Then I came back 10 years later and watched us destroy CU in 1994 and 1995.

My worst 3 experiences in Memorial Stadium were Texas 2010, Iowa 2013, and Missouri 2008 in that order.

My 3 best experiences have to be 2016 Oregon, 2012 Michigan and 2015 South Alabama.

My 3 best experiences at home were 1994 vs. Colorado, 1991 vs. Oklahoma, and 2009 vs. Oklahoma.

My 3 worst experiences at home were 1992 vs. Colorado, 1999 vs. Texas (snapped NU's 47 game home winning streak), and 1985 vs. Florida State (9 year old me never thought NU would lose that day).

Started making the trek from Dallas at the age of 5. Old man has taken me to a game every year since then. Got a large group coming up this year for the Ohio State game.

95: Missouri

96: Colorado

97: Kansas State

98: Texas

99: Oklahoma State

00: Colorado

01: Oklahoma

02: Colorado

03: Kansas State

03: Texas

04: Colorado

05: Kansas State