DT Calvin Avery [Illinois - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

69 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Avery commit?

• Nebraska
    • Baylor
    • Oklahoma State
    • Texas
    • Oklahoma
    • Texas A&M
    • Colorado
    • Ohio State
    • TCU

This poll is closed to new votes

I'd rather us just cut ties to Masry then lose out on Avery.

It'd be a lot easier if he wasn't an in state kid.
Just cite the fact he may not qualify and we don't have room for gambles. Avery is hands down a better player.

Are we sure he is a risk to qualify?

Why would the coaches handle Masry any different from the way they handled Bradley last season if he's an academic risk? I suspect the coaches are confident in him qualifying -- or I guess maybe they just don't want other schools poking around on the chance he does qualify. Idk.

We'll take them both if Avery wants in.

Just cite the fact he may not qualify and we don't have room for gambles. Avery is hands down a better player.

Why would the coaches handle Masry any different from the way they handled Bradley last season if he's an academic risk? I suspect the coaches are confident in him qualifying -- or I guess maybe they just don't want other schools poking around on the chance he does qualify. Idk.

May be a timing issue. The staff knew Bradley was an academic risk before offering him a scholarship. Masry committed the summer before his Junior year. They may not have known his poor academic status by then.

May be a timing issue. The staff knew Bradley was an academic risk before offering him a scholarship. Masry committed the summer before his Junior year. They may not have known his poor academic status by then.
Or expected it able to be corrected in 2 years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to DT Calvin Avery [Illinois - Signed LOI]