Trump and the Press

Again, they need to keep him off of social media........... :facepalm:

Maybe. On the other hand if he says this stuff enlugh and enough people start to beleive it maybe he can just take over the government. I mean, how do the common people find out election results? We watch the news he's calling fake.

Again, they need to keep him off of social media........... :facepalm:

Maybe. On the other hand if he says this stuff enlugh and enough people start to beleive it maybe he can just take over the government. I mean, how do the common people find out election results? We watch the news he's calling fake.

hmmm.....according to the donald the news is all fake news. according to the news trump won the election. so it's fake news that donald won the election? interesting results if we continue down that rabbit hole....

I would think at some point the major media / press would start to figure out that Trump is not your everyday bear and if they think they can just pull his strings like so many Republican puppets of the past, it isn't going to happen. Trump has been playing the game so far ahead of the liberal media, they can't even see there. It is quite fun to watch. It is about time.

Social media and non-traditional (I think I like that term for a description of those not included in the 'mainstream media' which is fast losing its relavance. This is what has the liberals so absolutely nuts now is that it is finally dawning on them that they no longer can control the narrative and spin their way out of the inconvenient truth that is common sense reality.

A majority of Americans are getting their news from a whole bunch of sources and apparently liberals are not getting many 'facts' from the places they like to go to read what they want to read and hear what the want to hear. This explains why the liberals and most of the 'mainstream media' completely missed the election results and have no clue why Trump and the non establishment types are so popular today (Bernie Sander, Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, etc).. Most Americans have seen through all the BS of the establishment and want BIG change. I think 8 years of Obama was about 4 too many for a solid majority. People elected Obama the first time with the same basic idea of 'change' and something non-traditional and non establishment. Well they got that but not the kind of change they want. They want a return to traditional American values and away from the political 'correctness' which most now understand is not correct at all.

The more the liberal media attacks Trump, the more popular he will become. He is going to say things without the PC gloss and pretention. These statements may shock some but I already see a gradual change as the media is simply at a loss for words but have found that overreacting with arrogant pretention and a show of high and mighty disgust is NOT working. Their audience share has got to be falling and at some point, networks without a representative of the conservative and the Trump point of view in a prominent and roughly equivalent role in the programming will result in dramatic decline in the viewership. The media better stop the spinning and start reporting honestly and accurately or they will be out of business.

It is refreshing that a supposed Republican President is fighting the left wing establishment. He's not rolling over like the Bushes did.

You see...this is what I love about Huskerboard P&R section. You get so many different views on issues and you learn how other people think

Who knew "rolling over" to the Left Wing establishment means to go against the left's fight against wars. It means to go against their warnings that it's going to end up in a cluster F. Instead, barrel in and get thousands of US military killed all while the left is protesting against them.

The world is a strange place.

• Fire 1

My non-partisan opinion is that our Republican friends on the board feel ostracized from this section.

No offense intended but I find both parties to be incredibly irritating right now. Democrats sound whiny and Republicans sound like idiots.

• Fire 5

My non-partisan opinion is that our Republican friends on the board feel ostracized from this section.

No offense intended but I find both parties to be incredibly irritating right now. Democrats sound whiny and Republicans sound like idiots.

fwiw...i am republican but i don't support the totalitarianism that this administration seeks to impose. and am certainly not supporting the lunatic that is in the white house right now. the R by my name doesn't mean blind loyalty to everyone else with an R by their name.......as it should be on both sides of the aisle. with the current administration if you don't blindly follow you are considered a traitor. that is not what i support and i am compelled to actively reject.

• Fire 9