• You cannot reply to this topic
79 replies to this topic

#1 Huskerfan55

Starter

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:12 AM

I am so glad the boys got a spring break rest after 6 practices - it must be grueling out there!  If this is the attitude of some one who is scheduled to start on the D- line we are in serious trouble!

#2 ADS

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,916 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:36 AM

stare.gif
O2Z2aGv.png

#3 commando

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:41 AM

:waste  :waste  :waste

Trump...packing 25 days of bullsh#t into every 24 hour day

#4 NM11046

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,552 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:14 AM

What are you talking about?

"Forget the myths the media created about the White House. The truth is, these aren't very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

~All the Presidents' Men

cZtDFbg.png

SaveSave

#5 Warrior

Backup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:38 AM

That has become the standard in College Football.  It gives coaches time to evalute film and make necessary adjustments within the personnel.  Players shouldn't be expected to be in mid-season form (conditioning) during spring ball.

#6 Husker2019

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:56 AM

Great way to start off your morning

#7 Cdog923

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:08 AM

And here I thought I was the only one drinking this early on a Monday morning. 

Coffee is for closers...

#8 Bigred_inSD

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:29 AM

First day of spring and one of the first things I encounter is a snowflake. Mondayiest Monday ever.

#9 Toe

Travel Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:34 AM

8X89iUf.gif

#10 Huskerfan55

Starter

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:36 AM

Our supposed starting nose guard said he need a break after 6 practices.  I am not sure this kid could have played on an teams in the 90's!  Lazy?

#11 Cdog923

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:39 AM

stare.gif

Mount Rushmore of GIFs right there. 

Coffee is for closers...

#12 VectorVictor

The Bobfather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,884 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:42 AM

Our supposed starting nose guard said he need a break after 6 practices.  I am not sure this kid could have played on an teams in the 90's!  Lazy?

SsLkoMZ.gif

"I think we have kids in our program that are capable of winning championships." -Shawn Eichorst, November 30, 2014.

"The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the white zone."

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." - George Carlin

#13 Bigred_inSD

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:46 AM

Replace "lazy?" With SAD! and I'd wafer a pretty penny you were Easy D.

#14 Enhance89

Legend

• Members
  • 10,258 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:56 AM

Great thread.  10/10.

giphy.gif

fro daddy, Enhance89 & knapplc are The Trifecta of Awesomeness

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am the Marquess of A--clownery

#15 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 23,373 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:04 AM

I'm glad that spring break came along.  I was getting a bit tuckered out myself.  You know, being a fan and all.  :lol:

It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then winter came and the grasshopper died. And the octopus ate all his acorns. Also he got a race car. Is any of this getting through to you?

I donated for Childhood Apraxia.
walkforchildren2014_small.jpg

#16 Red Five

Head Coach

• Members
  • 4,421 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:09 AM

ref_help_me_720.jpg

The stupidity of some of our fans never ceases to amaze me. - ADS

#17 saunders45

Legend

• Mods
  • 10,579 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:59 AM

Was gonna lock this up, but I wanna see the stupid continue.

WFKrsLn.jpg

#18 ZRod

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,938 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:04 AM

This thread 8/10

cooked-jasmine-rice-in-a-bowl-with-chops

10/10

#19 MattyIce

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,463 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:11 AM

I am so glad the boys got a spring break rest after 6 practices - it must be grueling out there!  If this is the attitude of some one who is scheduled to start on the D- line we are in serious trouble!

Um. You know NCAA regulates the number of spring practices we get right? And that the Spring Game counts as one of those? And also that you know no one except for Michigan has practice over Spring Break?

B22RlEW.png xH7aV6l.png

#20 Nebfanatic

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:14 AM

Um. You know NCAA regulates the number of spring practices we get right? And that the Spring Game counts as one of those? And also that you know no one except for Michigan has practice over Spring Break?
I was under the impression nebraska was going to practice over spring break today excluded

#21 The Dude

Legend

• Members
  • 15,009 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:41 AM

wfwtf.gif
What we need is a new center to our politics - one that defends secularism, science & free speech against their enemies on the Left & Right.

#22 teachercd

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • 9,749 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:45 AM

In the 90s...the team would drink sand instead of water...and instead of taking a break from practice they would take a practice from a break...also...they always fought...all day long...they were always punching each other in the face.
Gotta love the PPC

#23 Pedro Guerrero

Team HuskerBoard

• Members2
  • 4,630 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:51 AM

In the 90s...the team would drink sand instead of water...and instead of taking a break from practice they would take a practice from a break...also...they always fought...all day long...they were always punching each other in the face.

They never missed a practice or game because of injury either.  They played through all their aches and pains.  Actually I don't ever recall an instance in the 90's where a Nebraska player was actually injured, I only recall them injuring every opponent they ever played (they of course injured these opponents because they played harder and were bigger, faster, stronger not because they were dirty)

#24 Moiraine

Legend

• Members
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:09 AM

They never missed a practice or game because of injury either.  They played through all their aches and pains.  Actually I don't ever recall an instance in the 90's where a Nebraska player was actually injured, I only recall them injuring every opponent they ever played (they of course injured these opponents because they played harder and were bigger, faster, stronger not because they were dirty)

Not only that, they wanted it more. The reason they won national championships was because they wanted to win national championships more than the other teams wanted to win national championships.

#25 Red Five

Head Coach

• Members
  • 4,421 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:15 AM

Not only that, they wanted it more. The reason they won national championships was because they wanted to win national championships more than the other teams wanted to win national championships.

And God wanted us to win more than the other team

The stupidity of some of our fans never ceases to amaze me. - ADS

#26 Nebfanatic

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:18 AM

Don't forget that the triple option was the single best offensive scheme ever created . If we ran that now we would be in the playoffs every year, just like the 90s

#27 Rike Miley

Wizard of Osborne

• Members2
  • 7,942 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:24 AM

starwars-obiwan-happy-flying-bluescreen-

#28 spurs1990

All American

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:30 AM

ref_help_me_720.jpg

This picture is hot off the presses. I'm impressed with how quickly it was brought on to the board!

#29 VectorVictor

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,884 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:00 AM

That's because Michigan wants it more than the rest.  :dunno

Though I'm pretty open to whatever the definition of 'it' is as 'it' relates to Michigan.  :B)

"I think we have kids in our program that are capable of winning championships." -Shawn Eichorst, November 30, 2014.

"The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the white zone."

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." - George Carlin

#30 grandpasknee

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • 2,151 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:46 AM

Don't forget that the triple option was the single best offensive scheme ever created . If we ran that now we would be in the playoffs every year, just like the 90s

And they had to feed the hogs in the morning, then catch one in the evening, and skin it to make the footballs for practice.

#31 krc1995

Head Coach

• Members
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:51 AM

And ESPN loved us

#32 Fru

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:58 AM

This thread is gold

#33 huKSer

The Bobfather

• Members2
  • 6,966 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:04 PM

And ESPN loved us

NEVER!

#34 ColoradoHusk

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,383 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:05 PM

And Tom Osborne was able to get those kids to run through walls, drink sand, and never get injured by never raising his voice to those kids, but was able to be stern with just a simple look in their eyes.

#35 HuskermanMike

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:34 PM

And Tom Osborne was able to get those kids to run through walls, drink sand, and never get injured by never raising his voice to those kids, but was able to be stern with just a simple look in their eyes.

Just like this coach.

http://www.si.com/ex...-entire-timeout

Mike Riley supporter 

Fan of Alternate Uniforms

"I don't expect to win enough games to be put on NCAA probation. I just want to win enough to warrant an investigation."

--Bob Devaney, on his days as Nebraska coach.

#36 NM11046

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,552 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:37 PM

And the cheerleaders were prettier and Coke only cost $.50. Walking to practice in a snowstorm uphill with no coat was just called "Tuesday".

"Forget the myths the media created about the White House. The truth is, these aren't very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

~All the Presidents' Men

cZtDFbg.png

SaveSave

#37 teachercd

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • 9,749 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:02 PM

And the teams in the 90s didn't text or tweet
Gotta love the PPC

#38 Guy Chamberlin

Head Coach

• Members2
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:06 PM

I often worry that the internet makes it too easy to second-guess people who are more talented and ambitious than you are.

Back when Tom Osborne was the coach, you had to physically drive over to his house in Taylor Park to teepee his front yard. And if you wanted to loudly bray your ill-formed opinions, you had to corner a co-worker in the break room.

How soft have our armchair quarterbacks gotten lately?

Sad. 

#39 ColoradoHusk

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,383 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:06 PM

They did manly things like grab em by the P! (allegedly) 

#40 huKSer

The Bobfather

• Members2
  • 6,966 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:10 PM

I often worry that the internet makes it too easy to second-guess people who are more talented and ambitious than you are.

Back when Tom Osborne was the coach, you had to physically drive over to his house in Taylor Park to teepee his front yard. And if you wanted to loudly bray your ill-formed opinions, you had to corner a co-worker in the break room.

Sad. 

Definitely a lack of work ethic on our part

#41 ZRod

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • 7,938 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:34 PM

They did manly things like grab em by the P! (allegedly)
And the hair...

#42 Making Chimichangas

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:27 PM

Wading through this thread is like walking through a cow pasture, you're just hoping that by the time you're through it, there's no sh** on your shoes.  Too late.

:P 

Rebellions are built on hope

#43 Nebfanatic

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:23 PM

Sad.

Definitely a lack of work ethic on our part

Wow...these two posts are just beyond fantastic lmao +1 +1

#44 mnhusker

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,604 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:03 PM

I need to step it up and start (well figure out how) using gifs ........... This thread cracks me up. Thumbs up to the mods for allowing this beat down to roll on.  

#45 GBRFAN

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:10 PM

This isn't a "real" thread until it gets to page 28.

#46 ADS

Legend

• Members
  • 13,916 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:17 PM

OP hasn't posted in this thread since 7:30 am. Lack of work ethic imo.
O2Z2aGv.png

#47 Toe

Travel Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:49 PM

gMscglN.gif

#48 obert1

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:53 PM

ref_help_me_720.jpg

Really quick turnaround for a gif. Great job 👍

#49 dvdcrr

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:00 PM

You have to make it through winter conditioning without washing out just to get to have the privilege of spring ball.
6 am running until you puke and weights 4 days a week.

#50 HuskermanMike

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:28 PM

I blame fo fiddy...

Mike Riley supporter 

Fan of Alternate Uniforms

"I don't expect to win enough games to be put on NCAA probation. I just want to win enough to warrant an investigation."

--Bob Devaney, on his days as Nebraska coach.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users