Huskerfan55    45

I am so glad the boys got a spring break rest after 6 practices - it must be grueling out there! If this is the attitude of some one who is scheduled to start on the D- line we are in serious trouble!

Warrior    73

That has become the standard in College Football. It gives coaches time to evalute film and make necessary adjustments within the personnel. Players shouldn't be expected to be in mid-season form (conditioning) during spring ball.

Cdog923    1,043

And here I thought I was the only one drinking this early on a Monday morning.

Huskerfan55    45

Our supposed starting nose guard said he need a break after 6 practices. I am not sure this kid could have played on an teams in the 90's! Lazy?

VectorVictor    1,775

Our supposed starting nose guard said he need a break after 6 practices. I am not sure this kid could have played on an teams in the 90's! Lazy?

SsLkoMZ.gif

Bigred_inSD    662

Replace "lazy?" With SAD! and I'd wafer a pretty penny you were Easy D.

NUance    6,941

I'm glad that spring break came along. I was getting a bit tuckered out myself. You know, being a fan and all. :lol:

ScottyIce    1,800

I am so glad the boys got a spring break rest after 6 practices - it must be grueling out there! If this is the attitude of some one who is scheduled to start on the D- line we are in serious trouble!

Um. You know NCAA regulates the number of spring practices we get right? And that the Spring Game counts as one of those? And also that you know no one except for Michigan has practice over Spring Break?

Nebfanatic    835

Um. You know NCAA regulates the number of spring practices we get right? And that the Spring Game counts as one of those? And also that you know no one except for Michigan has practice over Spring Break?
I was under the impression nebraska was going to practice over spring break today excluded

teachercd    3,061

In the 90s...the team would drink sand instead of water...and instead of taking a break from practice they would take a practice from a break...also...they always fought...all day long...they were always punching each other in the face.

Pedro Guerrero    816

In the 90s...the team would drink sand instead of water...and instead of taking a break from practice they would take a practice from a break...also...they always fought...all day long...they were always punching each other in the face.

They never missed a practice or game because of injury either. They played through all their aches and pains. Actually I don't ever recall an instance in the 90's where a Nebraska player was actually injured, I only recall them injuring every opponent they ever played (they of course injured these opponents because they played harder and were bigger, faster, stronger not because they were dirty)

Moiraine    5,702

They never missed a practice or game because of injury either. They played through all their aches and pains. Actually I don't ever recall an instance in the 90's where a Nebraska player was actually injured, I only recall them injuring every opponent they ever played (they of course injured these opponents because they played harder and were bigger, faster, stronger not because they were dirty)

Not only that, they wanted it more. The reason they won national championships was because they wanted to win national championships more than the other teams wanted to win national championships.

Red Five    3,223

Not only that, they wanted it more. The reason they won national championships was because they wanted to win national championships more than the other teams wanted to win national championships.

And God wanted us to win more than the other team

Nebfanatic    835

Don't forget that the triple option was the single best offensive scheme ever created . If we ran that now we would be in the playoffs every year, just like the 90s

VectorVictor    1,775

That's because Michigan wants it more than the rest. :dunno

Though I'm pretty open to whatever the definition of 'it' is as 'it' relates to Michigan. :B)

grandpasknee    815

Don't forget that the triple option was the single best offensive scheme ever created . If we ran that now we would be in the playoffs every year, just like the 90s

And they had to feed the hogs in the morning, then catch one in the evening, and skin it to make the footballs for practice.

ColoradoHusk    3,800

And Tom Osborne was able to get those kids to run through walls, drink sand, and never get injured by never raising his voice to those kids, but was able to be stern with just a simple look in their eyes.

HuskermanMike    315

And Tom Osborne was able to get those kids to run through walls, drink sand, and never get injured by never raising his voice to those kids, but was able to be stern with just a simple look in their eyes.

Just like this coach.

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2014/12/31/utah-jazz-coach-quin-snyder-stared-players-entire-timeout

NM11046    1,928

And the cheerleaders were prettier and Coke only cost $.50. Walking to practice in a snowstorm uphill with no coat was just called "Tuesday".

Guy Chamberlin    3,905

I often worry that the internet makes it too easy to second-guess people who are more talented and ambitious than you are.

Back when Tom Osborne was the coach, you had to physically drive over to his house in Taylor Park to teepee his front yard. And if you wanted to loudly bray your ill-formed opinions, you had to corner a co-worker in the break room.

How soft have our armchair quarterbacks gotten lately?

Sad.

huKSer    1,352

I often worry that the internet makes it too easy to second-guess people who are more talented and ambitious than you are.

Back when Tom Osborne was the coach, you had to physically drive over to his house in Taylor Park to teepee his front yard. And if you wanted to loudly bray your ill-formed opinions, you had to corner a co-worker in the break room.

Sad.

Definitely a lack of work ethic on our part

ZRod    2,719

And the teams in the 90s didn't text or tweet

They did manly things like grab em by the P! (allegedly)

And the hair...

Nebfanatic    835

Sad.

Definitely a lack of work ethic on our part

Wow...these two posts are just beyond fantastic lmao +1 +1

mnhusker    124

I need to step it up and start (well figure out how) using gifs ........... This thread cracks me up. Thumbs up to the mods for allowing this beat down to roll on.

dvdcrr    315

You have to make it through winter conditioning without washing out just to get to have the privilege of spring ball.

6 am running until you puke and weights 4 days a week.