** 2017 Opponent Previews: Oregon (Game 2) **

How many Nebraska fans are going to the game? I've been hearing somewhere around the range of 20,000 Nebraska fans are going to this game? Which if that is the case then 1/4 of that stadium will be red.

Oregon put up a  ton of points on a Big Sky team, and they looked to get that "swag" back they had under chip Kelly with their "coolness" and exciting play, but at the end of the day they played Southern Utah. The Ducks are stacked with young ball players all over the place except for RB and QB. Nebraska should be able to move on Oregon's defense, but the obvious concern will be stopping Oregon's offense, but again, besides their RBs and QB the Ducks are young on offense and their large amount of points scored on Saturday were against Southern Utah.

IF Nebraska is able to move the ball on the Ducks, which they should, I see Nebraska melting the clock and doing their best to keep Oregon's offense off the field. The blackshirts are going to need a turnover or two for the Cornhuskers to win this game, and the offense must capitalize off all Duck mistakes and turn them into points.

It is so interesting to me that now these past two years where Nebraska and Oregon have faced off both games no one seems to have any idea what the outcome will be. Just like last year, this game is completely up in the air and no one really knows what each team is going to do or bring.

Riley's experience at Autzen and playing Oregon will be a great advantage for us and the players, because even though the Ducks have a new coach, the system seems to be about the same and some of the big time talented players, like Riley had joked about, have been there for what seems like six years.

27 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

How many Nebraska fans are going to the game? I've been hearing somewhere around the range of 20,000 Nebraska fans are going to this game? Which if that is the case then 1/4 of that stadium will be red.

Autzen holds about 50k people so if we bring 20k it would be almost half the stadium in red

22 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Autzen holds about 50k people so if we bring 20k it would be almost half the stadium in red

It holds more toward 55k. But regardless, I am going to guess there will be lots of red in that stadium. But, before we get to excited and think the number of fans in attendance could help with taking away the Ducks home field advantage, Tennessee brought a ton of orange to Autzen when they visited and it did not turn out well for them.

There will definitely be a lot of red. 20k is a bit of a pie in the sky estimate, though. It's just unlikely that 20,000 Oregon fans will part with their tickets - 20k would be a lot easier to pull off in a stadium twice as big as Autzen, but hopefully it's something similar to when we invaded Washington in 2010.

I'm really hoping it's because he's supposedly a decent pass rusher and we might get more opportunities to actually get to the QB this week. With their speed I don't think they'll sit back and take the short throws all game, they'll take some shots. LilRed pointed out we had both Gifford and Newby out there a lot last week, I'd expect to see the same unless we're in some kind of Nickel package. Against spread teams I feel like Gifford/Barry/Weber/whoever you want at Cat would be the best grouping. Maybe even Ferguson instead of Weber. Hopefully Oregon runs fewer RPOs, but if I'm them and trust my QB's decision making even a little bit that's my gameplan.

Looking at their depth chart (think it's in another topic, but looks relatively unchanged from the one posted in this thread) - I know you can't jump to too many conclusions based on listed measurables, but once you get past the 330+ lb NT there is not a lot of size. The Mike backer is listed at 200 lbs, and the Duck (must be a S/LB hybrid) is 198. Looks like they both rotate with bigger guys, but I like our chances to run pretty much at will. Much less confident about preventing them to score just about whenever they want.

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 0:51 PM, Landlord said:

There will definitely be a lot of red. 20k is a bit of a pie in the sky estimate, though. It's just unlikely that 20,000 Oregon fans will part with their tickets - 20k would be a lot easier to pull off in a stadium twice as big as Autzen, but hopefully it's something similar to when we invaded Washington in 2010.

Think of this, Oregon coming off a 4-8 season and these tickets were sold prior to Duck fans rejumping on their Nike bandwagon after they hung 77 points on an FCS school. Duck fans are really excited now for their football team, but prior to their enormous win over an FCS school they were all very hesitant on the season. I don't even think they sold out their home opener this year to Southern Utah.